T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Sep 15, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #1,471 of 1,852
Sep 15, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #1,472 of 1,852
Yes, I understand very well your preference, but what I'm saying, and I must insisting, is that HQ mode is have more full sound, same, at least, or (and this is how I'm hearing this mode) little more mid bass than your preference of 'non HQ' mode ("ANC off" or BT-only for me). And I repeat, this is why I'm thinking all this time that is ANC on mode that you're really preferring, and NOT really ANC off, than HQ mode.
ok I get the confusion. the comparison of ANC on to no ANC no high quality mode shows that the two are essentially the same
TA5 (2).png

I hope this clears things up. the reviewer first compared anc to ANC off non hq mode to show they are the same with only a change in the treble peak. So essentially you can use the same anc on curve to compare the lower frequency of ANC off/neutral mode and HQ mode for the mids and tbass

Sep 15, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #1,473 of 1,852
Here again I will post in order:
anc off
TA1.png

anc on
TA2.png

hq
TA3 (1).png

Sep 15, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #1,474 of 1,852
Here again I will post in order:
anc off
TA1.png

anc on
TA2.png

hq
TA3 (1).png

I think that this is my last post about this topic.

I explaining originally that the graph in your previous post is comparing ANC on and off (BT-only mode). That graph is NOT explaining what I'm hearing today (and for several months now), because today the bass in ANC on mode is clearly have a boost and the graph isn't showing that, is only showing a dip in 6kHz region in ANC on mode. Like I explaining already, is possible that T+A changing the tuning via DSP, specially of ANC on mode because my memory is more similar to what the graph is showing but only in the early days.

The important question really is: What are you hearing? and not, what are the graphs saying? You already expressing your sound preference. The dip in 6kHz region in ANC on mode isn't explaining the boost in bass in ANC on mode that I'm hearing. And the other graphs aren't explaining the little more full sound of HQ mode vs ANC off (BT-only mode) that I'm hearing.

Sep 15, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #1,475 of 1,852
I think that this is my last post about this topic.

I explaining originally that the graph in your previous post is comparing ANC on and off (BT-only mode). That graph is NOT explaining what I'm hearing today (and for several months now), because today the bass in ANC on mode is clearly have a boost and the graph isn't showing that, is only showing a dip in 6kHz region in ANC on mode. Like I explaining already, is possible that T+A changing the tuning via DSP, specially of ANC on mode because my memory is more similar to what the graph is showing but only in the early days.

The important question really is: What are you hearing? and not, what are the graphs saying? You already expressing your sound preference. The dip in 6kHz region in ANC on mode isn't explaining the boost in bass in ANC on mode that I'm hearing. And the other graphs aren't explaining the little more full sound of HQ mode vs ANC off (BT-only mode) that I'm hearing.

Yeah idk what to tell you! maybe your perception of fullness comes from a different range than it does for me. Perhaps the lower mids being recessed let's the upper mids come through and that's what carries fullness to you?

Hearing is such an amazing sensation!! I was just at a lecture this morning about the brains processing of music.

in my case I just meant that what I liked about normal mode (ANC and HQ off) is also what I would expect from the FRC. Which is not always the case!

Sep 17, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #1,476 of 1,852
Despite this review by legendary audio reviewer, John Darkø from Darko.audio, is regarding the excellent stand mount speakers, KEF R3 META (link here), I still love that he has the T+A Solitaire T in white/silver proudly on display at 16:34 in his video review! 🤍🔊🎧

Screenshot_20230917_193149_YouTube.png
Screenshot_20230917_193209_YouTube.png

Sep 21, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #1,477 of 1,852
One thing, and I'm hoping it'll improve with time, that trips me up still is the large touch sensitive surface on the ear cup I've accidentally paused music and ended calls while only trying to adjust the headphones. I wish there was an option to control the sensitivity of the touch response or even to turn it off.

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #1,478 of 1,852
One thing, and I'm hoping it'll improve with time, that trips me up still is the large touch sensitive surface on the ear cup I've accidentally paused music and ended calls while only trying to adjust the headphones.

Yes, this is the present not ideal/imperfect situation of the ST touch interface after the first firmware update (because before that update the surface isn't sufficiently big for registering correctly always the intention of the action that you want (play/pause, volume up/down, next/previous track, answer/hang up phone). And you are correct that sometimes when adjusting the headphone, or taking off, or putting back on your head you can accidentally hitting one action that you don't intending.

The solution, for now, is simply becoming aware of this for a few days and doing this actions a little differently (holding headphone a little differently). For me now this isn't a problem, but after that firmware update is immediately becoming little problematic for maybe a week max. Not now, and not for a long time.

Sep 22, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #1,479 of 1,852
For the people thinking if you can using the USB-C to USB-C cable of the ST with the new iPhone 15 Pro, the answer is no, no music reproduction. BUT the iPhone at least is charging the ST when using the USB-C to USB-C cable.

Sep 22, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #1,481 of 1,852
For the people thinking if you can using the USB-C to USB-C cable of the ST with the new iPhone 15 Pro, the answer is no, no music reproduction. BUT the iPhone at least is charging the ST when using the USB-C to USB-C cable.
I'm very glad that Apple has included USB-C (even if arm-wrestled via European regulations), however, I'm also aware that the current USB-C limitations on the new iPhone's is related to their existing SoC (A16), which was not initially designed for USB-C.

Therefore, I hope future Apple SoC's do, finally, embrace USB-C and it's many specifications.
For now, I guess Apple users take whatever they can get.

Sep 22, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #1,483 of 1,852
Sep 22, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #1,485 of 1,852
You all may find this video very useful regarding Apple iPhone and USB-C; the summary is as I wrote earlier regarding Apple Silicon.

• iPhone 15 models (not including Pro or Pro Max) get USB-C 2.0 specs upto 5GBps
  • iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max get the USB-C 3.0 specs upto 10GBps

There will be limitations in all uses of USB-C, including audio, due to current Apple A17 and A17 Pro chips.

We likely won't see better USB-C implementation until we see Apple integrate better USB-C controllers and spec compatibility in their best processors, so likely 2024 models onwards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back