T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Sep 24, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #1,486 of 1,912
Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #1,488 of 1,912
Hey guys, do the Solitiaire T change/improve in sound much out of the box?

Sep 26, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #1,489 of 1,912
For the people thinking if you can using the USB-C to USB-C cable of the ST with the new iPhone 15 Pro, the answer is no, no music reproduction. BUT the iPhone at least is charging the ST when using the USB-C to USB-C cable.

I must correcting my post from few days ago and now say that yes, the ST is working with the new iPhone 15 Pro in USB-C mode. When I testing few days ago I forget switching on the ST because by mistake I'm thinking that USB-C mode is like the ST in normal passive mode (with 3.5mm cable connection) where the headphone is completely off.

In USB-C mode the ST must be on and then you can switching BT off by moving down the button in the right ear cup.

The only problem that I see in USB-C mode with my iPhone 15 Pro is that the iPhone is also charging the ST at the same time with or without music playing. I don't like this because I don't want draining my iPhone battery.

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #1,490 of 1,912
The only problem that I see in USB-C mode with my iPhone 15 Pro is that the iPhone is also charging the ST at the same time with or without music playing. I don't like this because I don't want draining my iPhone battery.

As per the USB spec, the power handshake is needed, so can't be turned down without disabling the connection. The client device will determine how much current it draws, your iPhone can't do anything about it, if USB is allowed (not in restricted USB mode). But you can check if you can disable the headphones charging from the T+A app. That would be a useful feature of the app.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #1,491 of 1,912
So, is almost one year (10.5 months exactly) since releasing the ST and we still don't seeing a (short) review from people with prominence in Head-fi, like Jude, or some others reviewers with some reputation in headphones reviewing that posting here in head-fi. The ST is very obviously a very interesting product.

This is making me think that, sadly, if the company is not sending a free unit and/or paying for marketing of this product, some 'reputable' people will not speaking about this product at all.

A similar, but not so obviously wrong thing (maybe because of Mr. Sean Olive's reputation and evolvement with development of the 5909 and first ANC headphone costing $/€1000) is happening with the ML 5909. When you looking at so many comments, videos and reviews of the Focal Bathys vs the 5909 and ST (the B&W PX8 I don't including because is in obvious inferior category) is a pity and disappointment.

But, in the other side, the ST, in difference with others headphones, is having already sufficient comments/posts and some (real) reviews by people that caring a lot about good audio.

That we don't seeing more FR and others graphs, after almost one year, about the ST is a big surprise. Or maybe isn't, really.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #1,492 of 1,912
So, is almost one year (10.5 months exactly) since releasing the ST and we still don't seeing a (short) review from people with prominence in Head-fi, like Jude, or some others reviewers with some reputation in headphones reviewing that posting here in head-fi. The ST is very obviously a very interesting product.

This is making me think that, sadly, if the company is not sending a free unit and/or paying for marketing of this product, some 'reputable' people will not speaking about this product at all.

A similar, but not so obviously wrong thing (maybe because of Mr. Sean Olive's reputation and evolvement with development of the 5909 and first ANC headphone costing $/€1000) is happening with the ML 5909. When you looking at so many comments, videos and reviews of the Focal Bathys vs the 5909 and ST (the B&W PX8 I don't including because is in obvious inferior category) is a pity and disappointment.

But, in the other side, the ST, in difference with others headphones, is having already sufficient comments/posts and some (real) reviews by people that caring a lot about good audio.

That we don't seeing more FR and others graphs, after almost one year, about the ST is a big surprise. Or maybe isn't, really.
Absolutely agreed, though the reviews by Darko.audio and What Hi-Fi are probably the biggest marketing bumps and wider reach (into the audiophile community) that the Solitaire T has recieved.

Despite this, I do think T+A are playing it rather too safe with threadbare marketing for the completely German-made Solitaire T, unlike Mark Levinson's Korean-made No. 5909.
Focal Bathys (semi French-made?) has the strongest marketing in the niche premium audiophile wireless headphones thus far, and likely has taken the lions share of products sold. The mass marketed yet still premium Sony WH-1000XM5 is the other big seller, and the best of its class under the premium audiophile type headphones.

Obviously we would want T+A to be successful in selling more Solitaire T, but the Design Awards and low marketing is making this harder (or low impact). Only two big reviewers have given their thumbs up, but both were recent, well over a year after the Solitaire T's initial announcement and under a year after being available to purchase. That, I find, most unusual, the length of time from retail availability to reviews (outside of smaller review outlets).
Other wireless headphones you and I have mentioned have had back-to-back coverage from announcement to retail to post-retail, especially in cross social media platforms, and into real world advertisement placements across cities, but T+A ideology has been word of mouth over purely marketing spin.

I guess that, whilst Solitaire T are, to me, marvelous, that when seen within T+A's other products (including headphones and associated dac/amps), it may be more a niche within a niche, and does not affect their profitability; T+A Solitaire T are an engineering exercise rather than something that needs units to be shifted.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #1,493 of 1,912
...I do think T+A are playing it rather too safe with threadbare marketing for the completely German-made Solitaire T, unlike Mark Levinson's Korean-made No. 5909.
Focal Bathys (semi French-made?)...

The ST is made in China (not in Germany), the 5909 is made in China (not in Korea), and even when the Bathys' driver is made in France, the headphone is made in China. :)

Oct 2, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #1,494 of 1,912
The ST is made in China (not in Germany), the 5909 is made in China (not in Korea), and even when the Bathys' driver is made in France, the headphone is made in China. :)

I was just about to post this!

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #1,495 of 1,912
Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #1,496 of 1,912
talking about the lack of attention on T+A products, i found only 2 posts in the P-SE thread here in head-fi! after i got the solitaire p-se waiting for almost 2 months due to a numbers of hiccups in shipping, i listened every night for 15-30mins to my new toy. after a week of listening, i took out my SoIT again tonite and did some quick a/b comparison. since the source and all the chain up is different, it's not a really meaningful comparison but just wanna see how SoIT stacks up with T+A's own planar cans.

in short, P-SE far outperforms SoIT. P-SE sounds much more spacious as open planar (of course quite a lot of current is required for p-se with desktop headamp and i listened to SoIT on HQ mode). the P-SE sounds a bit like HD800s with the missing bass made up! it sounds fantastic and effortless, highly detailed (more so than SoIT) but not offensive. the construction seems much more solid on the P-SE (maybe just my bias). for the price gap between the two, some significant differences are expected. i found P-SE more impressive and preferable than even utopia 2022.

Attachments

• 20231002_215431.jpg
    20231002_215431.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #1,497 of 1,912
talking about the lack of attention on T+A products, i found only 2 posts in the P-SE thread here in head-fi. after i got the solitaire p-se after almost 2 months in waiting, i listen every night for 15-30mins to my new toy. after a week of listening, i took out my SoIT again tonite and did some quick a/b comparison. since the source and all the chain up is different, it's not a really meaningful comparison but just wanna see how SoIT stacks up with T+A's own planar cans.

in short, P-SE far outperforms SoIT. P-SE sounds much more spacious as open planar (of course quite a lot of current is required for p-se with desktop headamp and i listened to SoIT on HQ mode). the P-SE sounds a bit like HD800s with the missing bass made up! it sounds fantastic and effortless, highly detailed (more so than SoIT) but not offensive. both the construction seems much more solid on the P-SE (maybe just my bias). for the price gap between the two, some significant differences are expected. i found P-SE more impressive and preferable than even utopia 2022.
Which is hardly surprising given the fact that in this case you seem to be comparing an inherently lossy connectivity method with a wired setup as well as a mid-fi closed back with a high-end open back pair of headphones. Even wired the SolT are not designed to compete at such a high level. They do however sound significantly better when driven wired and connected to the same Head-Amp as the Sol-P SE. So good in fact that even though at home I most often revert to my Utopia or Stellia, I thoroughly enjoy the wired connection with my R-2R DAP while traveling.

Having said that, when compared to a more even playing field (similarly designed wireless headphones with/without additonal (passive) wired capabilities, they clearly eclipse everything that currently is available in the market.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #1,499 of 1,912
Oct 5, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #1,500 of 1,912
Hi All,
I'm in the process of deciding to buy the T+A ST and I read somewhere that the 4.4 cable has some microphonic noise.
Does anyone experienced this and does anyone tried a different cable (also shorter) and what brand ?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back