T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Apr 29, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #1,171 of 1,830
I am pondering buying the Sol T and the only doubt is about the heat it can generate. I have read several things about it and would like to know more from users’ experience.

I had a night owl in the past that made gave light but annoying flushes face sensitive skin.

Many thanks for your help.
In the end people's individual experiences may vary, but speaking for myself I can confirm that I can wear these hours in a row without a single issue...

Apr 29, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #1,172 of 1,830
Today I receive the new Creative BT-W5 Bluetooth 5.3 Transmitter, that is in the market only couple of weeks. This is 50% more expensive than the Sennheiser BTD-600 I trying a few weeks ago (60,00 EUR vs 40,00 EUR), but the btw5 isn't only BT 5.3, but, in difference with the btd600, is have a dedicated aptX HD option, and aptX Adaptive High Quality, aptX Adaptive Low Latency, normal aptX and SBC too (the btd600 only have aptX Adaptive, normal aptX and I think SBC too). And the btw5 is have possibility of hi-res streaming too (24-bit audio at up to 96 kHz when streaming with aptX Adaptive) and coming with dedicated app with EQ for Windows and Macs.

Like the btd600, the btw5 is making the ST very more loud in my MacBook Pro than only connecting to my MacBook's BT, but from my memory I think the volume steps in the Creative are little better, little more gradual going from quiet to (very) loud.

I trying comparing the sound of aptX HD with AAC in my MacBook but is difficult doing this quickly, because first I need switching off ST, then back on again, pairing with MacBook and then trying matching the volume, and this taking a long time for a more correct and objective comparison. But doing this 4-5 times I think the btw5 is have little better sound (little more full), but I really need comparing more time so I know that this isn't my imagination.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #1,173 of 1,830
I trying comparing the sound of aptX HD with AAC in my MacBook but is difficult doing this quickly, because first I need switching off ST, then back on again, pairing with MacBook and then trying matching the volume, and this taking a long time for a more correct and objective comparison. But doing this 4-5 times I think the btw5 is have little better sound (little more full), but I really need comparing more time so I know that this isn't my imagination.

I'm doing little more testing between aptX HD and AAC and no, the sound isn't more full with aptX HD necessarily, I think, but I think that maybe the high frequencies are little more clean in sound with aptX HD. Is so hard testing more quickly (our auditory memory, even in short periods, is really very bad).

But, one thing that I'm seeing a little more now, similar like with the btd-600, is that I think I maybe preferring the more maximum volume without any adapter because I can controlling better exactly the volume I want, probably because I don't usually listening VERY loud. This is meaning that even when I still think the btw5 is better than the btd600, I'm thinking that possibly I'm still needing more (mid and low) volume steps for my necessities.

And after I'm having difficulty now hearing a real (not imaginary) difference between aptX HD and AAC, I continue, more strongly than before even, thinking about the very, very frequent exaggerations I often reading ("night and day" / "big/massive difference") when some people speaking about sonic differences between codecs and bit rates, including hi-res. So very little objectivity in soooo many posts...

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #1,174 of 1,830
I'm doing little more testing between aptX HD and AAC and no, the sound isn't more full with aptX HD necessarily, I think, but I think that maybe the high frequencies are little more clean in sound with aptX HD. Is so hard testing more quickly (our auditory memory, even in short periods, is really very bad).

But, one thing that I'm seeing a little more now, similar like with the btd-600, is that I think I maybe preferring the more maximum volume without any adapter because I can controlling better exactly the volume I want, probably because I don't usually listening VERY loud. This is meaning that even when I still think the btw5 is better than the btd600, I'm thinking that possibly I'm still needing more (mid and low) volume steps for my necessities.

And after I'm having difficulty now hearing a real (not imaginary) difference between aptX HD and AAC, I continue, more strongly than before even, thinking about the very, very frequent exaggerations I often reading ("night and day" / "big/massive difference") when some people speaking about sonic differences between codecs and bit rates, including hi-res. So very little objectivity in soooo many posts...
AAC uses a more processor intensive algorithm. It’s designed to make compressed music sound better. That’s why implementation matters. I will take a certain genre of music to detect the extra compression. Try well recorded solo piano music or string sonatas. That’s where the compression artifacts are most obvious. However, this is listening to equipment and not music.

Apr 30, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #1,176 of 1,830
Try well recorded solo piano music or string sonatas. That’s where the compression artifacts are most obvious. However, this is listening to equipment and not music

I have different test tracks, one is from solo violin and other two are from string quartets, all very good recordings.

For me music is first, equipment is a very, very distant second.

Apr 30, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #1,177 of 1,830
So yesterday I was lucky enough to try Solitaire Ts.

I have to say I was expecting big things from them and and I was utterly disappointed.

The earcups are very small, the build quality is mediocre for that price range.

The bass response is no where near what I was expecting, they sounded empty.

The resolution is good but not outstanding.

The ear pads felt cheap and I instantly knew I wouldn't like them after a few hours of listening.

For me the Sol Ts are a no.

In that price range I would expect a lot better.

Although wired mode was ok, connection via Bluetooth was a faff and not worth the hassle.

Maybe V2 could be better but for now I'll pass on these.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #1,178 of 1,830
So yesterday I was lucky enough to try Solitaire Ts.

I have to say I was expecting big things from them and and I was utterly disappointed.

The earcups are very small, the build quality is mediocre for that price range.

The bass response is no where near what I was expecting, they sounded empty.

The resolution is good but not outstanding.

The ear pads felt cheap and I instantly knew I wouldn't like them after a few hours of listening.

For me the Sol Ts are a no.

In that price range I would expect a lot better.

Although wired mode was ok, connection via Bluetooth was a faff and not worth the hassle.

Maybe V2 could be better but for now I'll pass on these.
What didn't you like about the build quality?

Apr 30, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #1,179 of 1,830
What didn't you like about the build quality?
Ear cups size was very small, metallic was not bad but hinges felt like they won't last.

The headband itself I didn't particularly like

Buttons felt strong but also didn't feel like they were a designed in a simple way.

Again these are just my opinions.

May 1, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #1,180 of 1,830

Today I finding a more quick, but still not ideal, way of comparing aptX HD (using the BT-W5) with AAC. I must admitting is difficult finding a real difference between the two. Apple's implementation of AAC is really excellent. I will doing more testing, but I'm right now 80% sure I will returning the BT-W5.

(And using the BT-W5 transmitter, I still preferring the better control of volume steps, even if maximum volume is more low, when connecting directly to my MacBook Pro or iPhone)

May 1, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #1,182 of 1,830
I have had my Ts for a few days now. I own a mix of mid-range headphones, and a few high end ones—Focal Utopias for one. I must say that I was reluctant to take the plunge and buy these for several reasons. First, having sampled a few bluetooth IEMs, they were decent but not close to my wired IEMs. I did get a hint of what might be possible with BT, when I coupled my Blessing 2s with a a BT earhooks by Fiio. Second, the overwhelmingly positive impressions from this thread. Anyway, me and my fairly big ears took the plunge and bought them. I must say that my ears fit fine. Sure, maybe a little tight, but the cups are so comfortable and compliant, I had no fit complaints. Plus the headphones feel light to me and that made wearing them also without issue. The sound: Mostly via AAC on my iphone, I was very very surprised at just how immersive and timber filled the sound was. It was detailed and with a lovely sense of richness. It’s great to not have to mess with cables. I am very happly with this purchase. I am glad a took a chance.

May 1, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #1,183 of 1,830
...I must say that I was reluctant to take the plunge and buy these for several reasons. First.... Second, the overwhelmingly positive impressions from this thread.

Yes, unfortunately, even when you seeing a lot of positive comments or reviews, isn't always easy knowing when so many of this comments are truly giving you a more serious not-biased general idea of the product you're looking, this happening specially more frequently in YT or online reviews where the majority of this are almost always giving a positive 'review' because of a conflict of interest.

Here in head-fi is little (but not always) different but isn't always easy either, because strong blind fanboyisn is soooo very common. Usually people with more experience in audio know about this, but soooo many people with not sufficient experience don't.

May 1, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,184 of 1,830
So many things I can saying about your two posts, but I deciding not saying or analysing anything about your comments because your comments are (almost) completely useless. BUT the only thing I will saying is that sadly, for you, your posts aren't contributing anything at all for anyone that maybe thinking about buying this headphone...oh, except about the (small) size of the earcups. But this is the Internet and ANYONE can posting ANYTHING.

And I'm not saying this because you think the ST is (practically) rubbish and I think, even with some obvious imperfections, that the ST is an excellent headphone. I ALWAYS welcoming genuine criticism, that is always necessary, specially from people with real experience, but your posts...
Thank you for your view, however as I mentioned this is my opinion only.

People have made very positive comments about these which is why, I was leading towards them.

However after trying them, I was disappointed.

I wouldn't call them rubbish.

Any headphone costing £1000+, a lot should be expected and is expected.

Materials used should be premium and usability should be top notch.

Sound quality should superb.

I found none of these to exist.

Respectively, I'm entitled to my opinion and if I can help someone make the right choice whether that will be to purchase or not, that's enough for me.

Happy hunting 🙂

Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #1,185 of 1,830
The "review" does not help a reader place the headphone. It is a collection of buzzwords to promote a review channel, which should be declared under head-fi terms of usage. For example writing the "bass feels empty" does not help a reader understand anything about the bass. Is that in reference to sub bass or mid bass and in what way. What is the comparator headphone bass. Spend time to introduce yourself to the head-fi community with background head-fi history, disclose a kit list, listening parameters and craft a helpful review writing style 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back