Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Oct 30, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #167 of 2,336
I'm in Seattle, but we're waiting for a paypal issue to resolve itself before he ships my pair (not his fault, this was mine). I'm curious thou as it's been nearly a week without any feedback from anyone, I'm not inferring something is wrong - i'm just curious as to the lack of updates from the customers.

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #168 of 2,336
I got a message explaining that there was a problem with the shipments; one that necessitates taking back all the cans, relabelling them and then sending them out again. This is why no-one has yet received there cans. Problem-free shipping is hoped to start on Monday.

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #169 of 2,336
Quote:

To the customers of the Magnum upgrade,

We have been having some difficulty with our shipping company. Due to an error in our account number, our shipments were held at a sorting facility for the past while. Previously we had been told the error could be corrected and the packages would go out for delivery. However, after many days of no progress this seemed not the case. I have been in contact with Canada Post and as it stands they want to send the packages back to us, have us reprint the corrected shipment labels, and have us resubmit them for shipment. This is understandable given the number of packages.

This means we will have your packages back by friday and they will be resubmitted monday morning. We understand many of you have been waiting months for this product and I want nothing more than to be reading everyones impressions and praises. However, as many of you know this is our first attempt at high-volume production. From development to shipping- there has been a steep learning curve throughout every step of the way and I apologize for the delays.

I am grateful for everyones continued understanding and good attitude, which is why by Monday, if we do not have everyones headphone shipping properly via Canada Post, if there are any delays for whatever reason, we will cover the difference for overnight shipping to everyone, including international customers.

Regards,

Rhydon Rayment
SYMPHONES AUDIO

latest update...

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #170 of 2,336
This seems a little strange, because as soon as those packages were dropped off at the post office they would have been scanned in and when the tracking number is entered on canada post's website it would say "Item accepted at the Post Office".
Maybe some customers can confirm this by going to canada post and entering their tracking number. At the very least you should see:

DATETIMELOCATIONItem accepted at the Post Office
DATETIMELOCATIONAn order has been electronically submitted

PS I ship international and domestic packages regularly with canada post

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #171 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This seems a little strange, because as soon as those packages were dropped off at the post office they would have been scanned in and when the tracking number is entered on canada post's website it would say "Item accepted at the Post Office".
Maybe some customers can confirm this by going to canada post and entering their tracking number. At the very least you should see:

DATE TIME LOCATION Item accepted at the Post Office
DATE TIME LOCATION An order has been electronically submitted

PS I ship international and domestic packages regularly with canada post

The latter of those two basic messages is what I've been seeing each time I've checked on my phones progress back to me.

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #173 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The latter of those two basic messages is what I've been seeing each time I've checked on my phones progress back to me.

That's the first message that shows up when a label is created online. The one on top shows up when the package is dropped off at the post office. So what that says is that your package never actually got to the post office. That doesn't square with the quote above that says the packages were held at the sorting facility, since the package gets entered into the system at the post office and is then transfered to the sorting facility.

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #174 of 2,336
Track Status
Product Type: Xpresspost USA
Reference Number 1: WH073109B
DateTimeLocationDescriptionRetail LocationSignatory Name
2009/10/1618:47NIAGARA ON THE LAKEAn order has been electronically submitted
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is what is says when i enter the tracking at Canada Post. i smell a conspiracy...
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #175 of 2,336
My Little girl told her Teacher today a Shark ate her homework.

The Teacher called me to express her concerns about this.

I said, "Well, we do Live in Florida"

Somehow I feel I'm part of the problem...

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #176 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...and the moral of the story is...keep your homework away from sharks!
wink_face.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #177 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Les, High Five man LOL.

I also would like to say best of luck for you early adopters, I absolutely hope this goes through flawlessly.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #178 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last time I checked polymer meant plastic...

Sorry, but this is completely incorrect. I've synthesized polymers in the lab and know quite a few polymer chemists who would be offended by that!
smily_headphones1.gif

This mod looks nice, but it just looks like a complete scam when you consider the price, and at the end of the day, you're still only going to have an SR-325, where spending the money to just get the RS-2 or RS-1 would yield much better sound quality.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #179 of 2,336
As an RS2 owner, you don't get much better sound quality. It's actually, just different in flavour, but not markedly so. The SR325is just has that more sparkle that can be really terrific with a lot of the recordings that I listen to.

Why not let's see what the mod is like before casting any judgement?

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #180 of 2,336
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
S
This mod looks nice, but it just looks like a complete scam when you consider the price, and at the end of the day, you're still only going to have an SR-325, where spending the money to just get the RS-2 or RS-1 would yield much better sound quality.

Considering the infamous sloppy Grado build, that's how I feel about the SR-80 vs RS-1.....

This, however, could be something else. New enclosure, rebuild with some care (I'd expect) and new treatment of the drivers.

I haven't ordered one (since I found the SR-80 to be annoyingly bright), but I was tempted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back