Superlux Express Train
Mar 15, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #1,232 of 1,352
  Found something about the HD668BMKII
http://sinacn.weibodangan.com/user/1894029183/?status=3945973221322770#user_status
I reuploaded the image here, just in case: http://imgur.com/BIBdN5W

Now I am interested... What is that 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #1,234 of 1,352

they look like superlux is trying to establish there own style by mashing the evo with the 668b's

Or they started to learn and make modded HP's and become legend that exist :) But I think they will not do that. We still have to do some mods to acquire better sound. 

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #1,236 of 1,352
  x2 on the 662F. I just did a super easy quick mod to these together with new pads ----what a sound. Insanely great.
 The Creative Soundblaster World Of Warcraft pads just arrived tonight. Super easy to install and a perfect fit. The comfort is unreal. Same inner holes and height as the stock pads,.
 Here's a few pics of this mod. I am used to modding orthos so this was a bit different than I am used to dealing with, in addition the baffle vents screwed up my usual rates of special acoustic filler so I had to drop my rates down.
 It's very important to use the inner opening stock foam and fabric discs that came with the stock pads.  It's what the factory has tuned these things with( obviously ).
Simply excellent sound, not that they don't sound excellent stock, this just is the icing on the cake, that little extra that just does it..

Creatology thin adhesive foam around the center there, Dynamat around the outsides of that area and that is also topped off with the Creatology foam. ( not all steps are shown here thought I had taken pics. )
On the baffle rears there are two sections between the white fabric covered tuning ports. In these two areas I added a curved piece  of Dynamat that same width also topped with Creatology foam.
EDIT FEB23 '13 :So not shown there is the red foam that covers all the dynamat in the cup rears, I also bumped up the acoustic filler a notch, and stuck a Micheals thin adhesive craft felt on the raised circular post top directly behind the driver, cutting a small line to allow the wiring through, also made sure to have the felt go around the rubber bumpers and not ruin those.  Most excellent. Off to test them to see if this knocked off the bit of peaks i was getting and give a better more natural increased staging ( properties of the special acoustic filler )

Most importantly the rates of Acoustic filler i use had to be tweaked a bit due to these ports in the baffle. If they were an open can it would have been fine but since they're closed up I had to hit the sweet spot between too much ( losing details and staging ) and too little ( a slight peak on the highs not bad though ) Fairly easy to find that zone but that's because I am used to the particular stuff's properties.

What I noticed about opening these besides how easy it is to open them, is that the wires are secured at a pint just before the solder joints, so if you are careful you won't do any damage to the wires with repeated openings.

the pads, my gawd the pads are so comfortable and soft.
 they look like they are stretching too much around the baffle but not so, a perfect fit. It's obviously easiest if you fold back that pad rears then roll em back over the lip.

Wow. I have done same mod to my HD662F :) I used plasticine to damper resonance and cutted thick paper to donut size and place it under earpads because I am using softer pads that bleed some bass. Also added rubber band to gap between back and front cup.

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #1,237 of 1,352
they look like superlux is trying to establish there own style by mashing the evo with the 668b's

They look like Superlux is completely ignoring everyone's complaints about the pads and decided to waste time coming up with an unnecessarily flashy design that would probably make them attractive to gamers more than anyone else. Except not really, because they don't have a microphone. *sigh*

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #1,238 of 1,352
  Found something about the HD668BMKII
http://sinacn.weibodangan.com/user/1894029183/?status=3945973221322770#user_status

That goes to the user's most recent posts. This is the link to the specific post with the picture in it: http://weibo.wbdacdn.com/user/1894029183/status3945973221322770.html#utm_source=time

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #1,239 of 1,352
Hi guys, newbie here, first post. Please be kind :)
I am me too going to get Superlux can and I have 2 fast and easy question regadrin this specific 2:

Superlux HD-662 F vs Superlux HD-662 Evo

1)
Soundwise are they similar, so the *upgraded newer* EVO are just aesthetically different? Or they do sound different too?

I want a cheap possibly flat and closed pair of can and after reading through some reviews I've chosen the HD 662 F, but then I discovered the new version, this HD 662 EVO and still not able to find any review around so I am asking here...
and

2) How do these HD 662 F compare to the AKG Perception K44 (same range of price) ? Anyone has experience about it?

Thanks a lot for helping out, in case.
Cheers

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #1,240 of 1,352
  Hi guys, newbie here, first post. Please be kind :)
I am me too going to get Superlux can and I have 2 fast and easy question regadrin this specific 2:

Superlux HD-662 F vs Superlux HD-662 Evo

1)
Soundwise are they similar, so the *upgraded newer* EVO are just aesthetically different? Or they do sound different too?

I want a cheap possibly flat and closed pair of can and after reading through some reviews I've chosen the HD 662 F, but then I discovered the new version, this HD 662 EVO and still not able to find any review around so I am asking here...
and

2) How do these HD 662 F compare to the AKG Perception K44 (same range of price) ? Anyone has experience about it?

Thanks a lot for helping out, in case.
Cheers

Sorry for late answer. I don't have any experience of EVO nor AKG. I know only HD662F. It's good, easier listen than HD681 and quite flat. But need modding and eq's to get sound really good. Still cant beat good loudspeakers at soundstake but can be more neutral with deeper bass :)

Probably EVO trend is more bass / less treble and lower quality in sound. 

681 evo https://diyaudioheaven.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/hd681-evo-stock-lr.png
662 evo https://diyaudioheaven.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/fr-stock-new-hd662-evo.png?w=614

Jan 2, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #1,243 of 1,352
DIY fail: I wanted to try the mod for the HD681, so off to the electronics store we went. I got one side done, and realized we were short 2 capacitors and 2 inductors, since there are 2 sides to do. :grimacing: We also bought the wrong inductors because we didn't do the microfaraday to picofaraday conversion correctly, so we are actually short 4 inductors.
1f644.png

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #1,244 of 1,352
  DIY fail: I wanted to try the mod for the HD681, so off to the electronics store we went. I got one side done, and realized we were short 2 capacitors and 2 inductors, since there are 2 sides to do. :grimacing: We also bought the wrong inductors because we didn't do the microfaraday to picofaraday conversion correctly, so we are actually short 4 inductors.
1f644.png

Whose mod you are trying to achieve? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back