SuperFi 5 (vi) or Klipsch S4? SQ
Jul 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mralexosborn

Headphoneus Supremus
Which is better as far as sound quality? I can get them at the SAME EXACT price ($80) so price is not a problem. I want an IEM to replace my bass lacking Shure SE110's. I don't need booming bass, just enough so it is there. I listen too all music (metal, rock, rap, classical, etc.) so I just need something that is good all around. I couldn't find a good thread about this on here so please help me out. 

Don't recommend the RE0. They are supposedly bass lacking and are harsh sounding sometimes. Recommend anything else in the <$80 price range.

Jul 7, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #3 of 7
The S4's are muddier than the SF5's.

S4 has more bass. I like the SF5's better personally, but I'm not that big on boomy bass. 

Jul 7, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 7
Have a look at the Hippo VB, Fischer Audio Eterna or cheaper, the Brainwavz M2. Those are bassy but still retaining good overall balance. I fear the SF5 could still not meet your expectations as far as bass is concerned.

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 7
i think joker tends to recommend the visang r03 over the s4; i'm an s4 owner, but it supposedly offers a similar sound signature, more controlled bass (but still voluminous) with better build quality... maybe you can consider that one too

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #7 of 7
I really can't say since I never tried the SuperFi 5, but The Klipschs were some of the most comfortable iems I've ever tried.  Getting a tight seal with them was very quick and easy, and they were so light they barely felt like I had them in. 

I returned them because of the bass and got the RE0s (I listen to classical/jazz a lot) which I love, but the S4s are on my "future buy" list once money comes in.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back