SUGGESTIONS!
Jul 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

junhan

New Head-Fier
Greetings!

Have had the fortune of chancing upon this site while surfing and figured i would seek some opinions and suggestions from you guys regarding a new pair of headphones i am intending to get. Am fairly new to higher-end audio product and hence possess little knowledge about them, but what i am looking for would be headphones of/with:

- pricing range round 250USD tops
- good physical appearance
- suitable for music genres of rock, metal, acoustic and other bassy sounds

Suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated, and thanks alot in advance for your help, (;

Jul 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 11
if u wan something tat looks more edgy..n goes with your black leather jacket..or her brown safari..
n sound pretty good...check out skullcandy DJ Mike :p

ph34r.gif

http://www.wired.com/reviews/2012/03/mix-master-mikes/

i think the street price is within your budget.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 11
I dont know about skullcandy Sq, but ultrasone is a really good option. 

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
im leaning more towards the AKG 550's right now, looks and sounds pretty good according to some reviews i read.. BUT, any more suggestions??

A few of the thread members of the anime thread im a part of have those and enjoy those, plus they look good, but they look a bit too good and stand out ish that most of them wouldn't ever dare to wear it out.

Personally I'm going to go and check out Vmoda M80's as my next portable set, but I don't know anything personal on the sound.

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #9 of 11
Heya,

I have the M80's. They're on-ear. Small. They sound great, but I can't stand the on-ear feeling. I found the AudioTechnica ESW9A to be more comfortable and feel better with very similar sound properties for being an on-ear as well.

I would go full size, over-ear, in general unless you're already very used to on-ear in the past or can stand it.

Very best,

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
can i know the difference between over-ear and on-ear?, dont really get how they work.. and what do you think about senn's HD650, seems like its had pretty rave reviews.

It is literally what it says, on ear would be like a Beat Solo where the pads would rest on your ear, these generally mean they are more portable as the on ear generallity kinda yells small and portable but not always. Over hear is exactly what it sounds where the pads fit over your ears so your ears are fully on the inside. Keep in mind that many regular over ears will still not fully cover your ears and some parts will be caught on the outside. Especially if you are like me and have big ears :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back