suggest me a headphone under $120
Nov 17, 2012 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

rafi

New Head-Fier
hello ! need suggestion from you guys in buying a headphone.my budget is $100.maximum 120,not more than that.suggest me the best possible headphone having the best bass, sound stage and imaging at this price range.my main objective is movie and gaming
thanks

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 33
i found two citiscape uptown on amazon.which one you are talking about?
1.this and
2.this

the first one cost 150 $. so out of my budget.any other better option than this uptown? and is it safe to buy used headphone from amazon? i live in south asia(Bangladesh) .so once i ship it  here,i cant return

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 33
Quote:
hello ! need suggestion from you guys in buying a headphone.my budget is $100.maximum 120,not more than that.suggest me the best possible headphone having the best bass, sound stage and imaging at this price range.my main objective is movie and gaming
thanks

Try a Creative Aurvana Live!/Denon D1000 ( Same thing ). Or perhaps M50 if you can get a good deal

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #6 of 33
Heya,

Quote:
thanks

Ultrasone HFI 580, $120 new, shipped.

Everything you described right there.

Quote:
does the m50 have very good bass and sound stage? does it need amp or extra sound card rather than the built-in of my motherboard?

The M50 has decent bass, but an abysmal sound stage. Very small, cramped and "stereo." None of them need extra amps/soundcards. Your motherboard is likely ok. If it sounds noisy, hissy, or jiggles and cuts out a lot, then consider a simple Xonar DG (PCI), Xonar DGX (PCI-E) or Fiio E10 (USB).

Very best,

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

over the ultrasone? or just between aurvana and donar?

IMO Aurvana > m50 in sound quality. The CAL!'s beat the Philips in value for money too, and offers slightly better balance across the spectrum. Roomy soundstage, emphatic but not bloated bass and happy treble. For under $100 you can't go wrong. Perhaps the only problem is that the soundstage isn't as accurate as it could be - although for under $100 there's not much more to expect.

I don't know about the ultrasones since I haven't heard it.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #12 of 33
The Denon D1k is discontinued. The CAL! is basically the same headphone, rebranded. (same drivers by Fostex)

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #13 of 33
well,initially i thought of audio technica AD700 as it does have amazing sound stage and imaging.but cancelled it due to almost zero bass.  so suggest me something which have as good sound stage and imaging as AD700 as well as very good bass
@MalVeauX does the ultrasone  meet my criteria?and is it better than AD700 in terms of sound stage and imaging?

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:
well,initially i thought of audio technica AD700 as it does have amazing sound stage and imaging.but cancelled it due to almost zero bass.  so suggest me something which have as good sound stage and imaging as AD700 as well as very good bass
@MalVeauX does the ultrasone  meet my criteria?and is it better than AD700 in terms of sound stage and imaging?

No closed headphone will have the sound stage and imaging ability of an open headphone like the AD700. The AD700 unfortunately also has no low end, so sounds thin and anemic.

If you want sound stage with some low end ability, consider:

Hifiman HE-300
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Sennheiser HD558
Beyer DT880 PRO

They're above your listed budget, but worth the money.

Very best,

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

No closed headphone will have the sound stage and imaging ability of an open headphone like the AD700. The AD700 unfortunately also has no low end, so sounds thin and anemic.

If you want sound stage with some low end ability, consider:

Hifiman HE-300
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Sennheiser HD558
Beyer DT880 PRO

They're above your listed budget, but worth the money.

Very best,

i dont play online game.only single player offline.so pinpoint of location is not important to me.great bass to feel those explosion does matter to me.and in movie i want headphone which will create 3d effect in my ear like theatre
so any headphone which meets my criteria and budget(120$)?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back