Subtonic STORM: Impressions and Discussion
May 22, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #302 of 988
If I take Storm in ziploc bag, no cable, no faceplate, no titanium coating, would it be cheaper? :dt880smile:

May 22, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #303 of 988
What is the best place in Europe to buy the STORM ?

May 22, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #304 of 988
May 22, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #305 of 988
If I take Storm in ziploc bag, no cable, no faceplate, no titanium coating, would it be cheaper? :dt880smile:
Ziploc bag with no cable, no faceplate, no shell, no drivers, no components, and no accessories is free! :joy:

What is the best place in Europe to buy the STORM ?
Please talk to Elise Audio! They are our representatives for UK and Europe. Super pleased to have them!

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
May 22, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #306 of 988
IMG_4802.jpeg

I’ve been having a wonderful time with the DX320Max Ti and Storm pairing. It has been the sound that I’ve been chasing after since being in the hobby. I’m grateful people at Subtonic and iBasso have great ears!

May 22, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #307 of 988
- I already have The Monarch MK2, and wonder if the STORM will be a significant upgrade ?.

- I do not have fit problem with The Monarch MK2, but... it is already on the "BIG" side. So, I hope the STROM will not be even bigger or I may have some confort issues ?

- And finaly, I want to "upgrade" my A&K SP1000 and I wonder which TOL DAP will be better for the STORM: the iBasso DX320MAX Ti ot the New Lotoo Mjolnir ?

thanks for your advices.

May 22, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #308 of 988
- I already have The Monarch MK2, and wonder if the STORM will be a significant upgrade ?.

- I do not have fit problem with The Monarch MK2, but... it is already on the "BIG" side. So, I hope the STROM will not be even bigger or I may have some confort issues ?

- And finaly, I want to "upgrade" my A&K SP1000 and I wonder which TOL DAP will be better for the STORM: the iBasso DX320MAX Ti ot the New Lotoo Mjolnir ?

thanks for your advices.
There's an authorized Subtonic dealer in the UK, https://eliseaudio.com/ I'd strongly advise to check them out if possible to try out STORM in a private listening session and see if it's for you. Elise Audio will also be at London Canjam in August too if you needed a bigger excuse to visit the UK.

May 22, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #309 of 988

thanks for your advices.
Having owned the Monarch MK2 previously, I'd say STORM is quite a a step up overall, though in short, STORM sounds more natural and effortless whereas I felt Monarch MK2 had some shortcomings especially when it came to how the bass was presented. STORM isn't for everyone though so it would be best to audition it in person with Elise Audio if you can and make your decision that way. Elise Audio is fantastic vendor/dealer overall, definitely give them a visit if you can:thumbsup:

May 22, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #310 of 988
Having owned the Monarch MK2 previously, I'd say STORM is quite a a step up overall, though in short, STORM sounds more natural and effortless whereas I felt Monarch MK2 had some shortcomings especially when it came to how the bass was presented. STORM isn't for everyone though so it would be best to audition it in person with Elise Audio if you can and make your decision that way. Elise Audio is fantastic vendor/dealer overall, definitely give them a visit if you can:thumbsup:
Thanks. I will contact Elise Audio, and now ... I have a good excuse to go to CanJam London :wink:

May 22, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #312 of 988
I heard that the "launch edition " is almost sold out ! true ? what is the difference between the "launch edition " and the regular ? will sound be the same ? Price the same ?

Last edited:
May 22, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #313 of 988
I heard that the "launch edition " is almost sold out ! true ? what is the difference between the "launch edition " and the regular ? will sound be the same ? Price the same ?
The Launch edition is limited to 50 units. The regular edition will sound and be priced the same but won't feature the hand-enameled faceplates and may have different accessories
We will price the Regular edition the same! The extra goodies are found only in the Launch Edition. The Regular Edition will still feature beautiful faceplates and high quality leather pouch (made in Singapore) still :)
Thank you for your question!

The regular editions will be visually different, and with no hand-enameling. We will adopt a 2 layer metal approach instead, where the base layer is black metal and the top layer has golden swirls to form clouds.

May 22, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #314 of 988
thanks

last question: I owe the Monarch Mk2 which fit well my ear, but... is on the big size. I would not want the STORM to be even bigger beacuse I will then have confort issues. Has anybody had confort issue with the STROM due to its size ?

May 22, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #315 of 988
thanks

last question: I owe the Monarch Mk2 which fit well my ear, but... is on the big size. I would not want the STORM to be even bigger beacuse I will then have confort issues. Has anybody had confort issue with the STROM due to its size ?
STORM's shell is surprisingly smaller than expected and comfortable. For reference, I was not able to use Monarch MK2 for more than a few hours and the IER-Z1R was just not pleasant whatsoever... V16 Divinity was more comfortable for me than Monarch MK2 even though the shell size is roughly the same but they had different nozzle angles. You'll probably*** fit STORM fine as there's a few previous Monarch MK2 owners that have graduated to STORM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back