DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Apr 7, 2023 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,444
We work to bring the musical event to you. ROHM dac chips, 4, yes Four. A very optimized circuit with analog volume control. Our custom balanced volume control is a precision Stepped Attenuator.

Titanium that is CNC from aerospace Ti.

Review by Audiophile-Heaven: https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2023/07/ibasso-dx320-max-ti-dap-music-player-ultimate-portable-flagship-dream.html

DX320MAX Firmware update. Unzip initial download for the instructions and the firmware that is used.

DX320MAX new firmware download link. 2.01
http://www.ibasso.com/.../download/DX320MAX-fw-ota-v2.01.zip

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Added the digital volume control for PCM.
(The DAC volume control of the BD34301 only functions for PCM. The volume of each step is 0.5dB.)
2. Improved the USB digital output compatibility.
3. Improved the accuracy of the analog battery indicator.

V2.02.68
http://www.ibasso.com/.../download/DX320MAX-fw-ota-v2.02.zip
Improvements with this firmware:
1. Improved the accuracy of the analog battery indicator.
2. Rectified the bug that there was a possibility that the Mango Player APP crashed when media scanning.
3. Rectified the bug that Mango Player APP crashed if the embedded artwork resolution was too high.
4. Rectified the bug that there was the possibility that the locked screen notification bar was displayed twice on the screen.

FW 2.03
https://ibasso.com/dx320maxfirmware/

1. Rectified the bug that the sample rate was displayed incorrectly with the last update V2.02. (Mango OS)
2. Rectified the bug that some Japanese ID3 were displayed incorrectly.
3. Rectified the bug that when rebooted from the Bluetooth DAC mode, the side buttons didn't function. (Android OS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

660 Tool and .img Firmware update. 660 Tool download has instructions. This is used to go to an older firmware and when issues arise that doing a factory reset will not help.

660 Tool with instructions:

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/660playerupgradetools.zip

.img Firmwares

DX320 original firmware image:

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX320MAX_20230330_2.00.286_128G_img.zip

DX320MAX 2.01.551 image:

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX320MAX_20230531_2.01.551_128G_img.zip

DX320MAX 2.02.608 img.zip

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX320MAX_20231028_2.02.608_128G_img.zip

Charging:

12 volts for the analog battery section.
5 volts for the USB C digital section.

Some Specifications:

- The digital and analog sections of the DX320MAX are powered separately, with each having an independent charging system. The digital and analog hardware and signal communications, adopt optocouplers and I2C isolators to completely isolate the digital to analog sections from any interference.
- The AMP section is powered by a true +/- 8.4V battery pack. No voltage boost is used, which ensures the highest purity and current output.
- An optimized super class A discrete amp circuit, which eliminates the switching distortion
of transistors, while providing the sound signature of a class A amplifier, that also significantly reduces heat generation, is used.
- The DX320MAX has versatile outputs that incorporate a 4.4mm balanced phone out/ line out, and a 3.5mm single ended phone out/ line out.
- The voltage output of the 3.5mm single ended is up to 4.5V RMS, and the balanced phone output is up to 9V RMS.
- Electrolytic capacitors and film capacitors are used in the DX320MAX.
- A custom analog 4-deck stepped attenuator that has less than +/-0.1dB channel tolerance imbalance, has been selected.
- 4 settings for the physical gain control.
- 5.0" IPS screen (1080*1920), with On Cell capacitive touch panel.
- Quad BD34301EKV ROHM DAC Chips are incorporated.
- Bit for Bit playback with support up to 32bit/768kHz.
- Support of Native DSD up to and including 512x.
- 14nm Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC.
- 6GB LPDDR4X + 128GB ROM.
- FPGA-Master, a dedicated control of the audio system.
- 2 Accusilicon ultra-low phase noise Femtosecond oscillators.
- Support of QC3.0 and PD3.0 quick charge for the digital section.
- USB digital output that outputs up to PCM 32bit/384kHz, Native DSD256, and DoP DSD128.
- Mini coaxial output that supports up to 24bit/384kHz and DoP
DSD128.
- Support for 2.4G & 5G WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0.
- Support of SDXC and SDHC Micro SD cards up to and including 2TB.
- Support USB3.1 Superspeed transfer.
- USB DAC function that supports up to 32bit/384kHz and DoP DSD128.
- Android 11 + Mango OS.
- Audio Formats Supported: MQA, APE, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, OGG, MP3, DFF, DSF, and DXD.

- Size: 146*86*30mm

- Weight is 620g.

- 17 hours play time in normal mode and 13 hours in the Ultimate mode with 3.5 or 4.4 output.

Please note for the best transfer speeds when saving music to the internal memory, you need to use a USB C 3.0 or higher. USB 2 will be much slower and therefore take much longer when loading to the internal memory.

320MAX.22.jpg

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 8, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 1,444
I just have one question. Any chance this would have a pure DAC mode with zero latency ?
If so, then I’m sold.
@Paul - iBasso
Most of the DAP I have had will always have this synchronization problem when used as external DAC. However, dongle DAC are wonderful. Must have something to do with the OS whatsoever.

It would be perhaps amazing to be able to utilize any DAP without out of sync issues

For example, turn off your DAP and plug in USB cables. Now your DAP will act as a HUGE external Dongle ?

The IV positions knobs is both intriguing and confusing

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #8 of 1,444
It would be perhaps amazing to be able to utilize any DAP without out of sync issues

For example, turn off your DAP and plug in USB cables. Now your DAP will act as a HUGE external Dongle ?
This is exactly what I was asking and I hope someone will implement some day. I know that using it as a DAC in Android is hopeless even though the DX320 is pretty good and comes close at only 20ms latency.

I have far too many dongles and DAPs to buy another one. However if there was a flagship DAP like this which also has DC input + pure DAC mode, that would be end-game for me !

Apr 8, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #9 of 1,444
This is exactly what I was asking and I hope someone will implement some day. I know that using it as a DAC in Android is hopeless even though the DX320 is pretty good and comes close at only 20ms latency.

I have far too many dongles and DAPs to buy another one. However if there was a flagship DAP like this which also has DC input + pure DAC mode, that would be end-game for me !
Agreed!! Let’s see who is going to do it first

Apr 8, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #10 of 1,444
Do you offer a trade in program given that I already have the DX220 Max (two of them in fact) and one DX300Ti? What's the price point on the new Max? The new volume control is super nice though.

Apr 8, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #11 of 1,444
Do you offer a trade in program given that I already have the DX220 Max (two of them in fact) and one DX300Ti? What's the price point on the new Max? The new volume control is super nice though.
The DX320MAX Ti is $3,499 USD according to iBasso's Facebook page. Limited to 888 units.

Apr 8, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #12 of 1,444
The DX320MAX Ti is $3,499 USD according to iBasso's Facebook page. Limited to 888 units.
That’s hardly limited :). Did they sell that many 300MAX? I’d be surprised.

Apr 8, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #14 of 1,444
Yes a 4 gangs potentiometer is amazing for true balanced

888 number seems to be a lucky number of some short

Apr 8, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #15 of 1,444
That’s hardly limited :). Did they sell that many 300MAX? I’d be surprised.
They sold out of the 300 MAX SS in a hurry and it took less than one day to sell out of the Ti if I remember correctly.

I think it will take ibasso considerably longer to sell the 320 MAX Ti out at that price point. Some of us are recovering financially from the 300Ti purchased - myself included. After all the 300MaX Ti was released a little more than 18 months ago on September 8, 2021. I have no doubt that the 320 Max will be pretty stellar sounding though but I will not buy it new. It starts to make more sense to wait for 6 or 8 months from now and pick a used one up at considerably discount. The 320 X edition is also very limited and it isn’t sold out either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back