STUDIO I Evaluation!!!
May 24, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #451 of 559
How extensively has the manufacturer researched the preferred "tastes" of Asians and Westeners?  Does this also imply that Asians' perspective of a guitar, piano, drum, "Norah Jones", etc. is different from Westeners?

Quote:
maybe it`s because asian and west people have different taste of sound ?? 
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #452 of 559
Having different "settings" Rock, Classical, or Dance etc. instead of an EQ is also bad idea.   Maybe it's better than nothing, I'll find out soon when it gets here.  I'm hoping to just use it in it's standard flat setting.

May 25, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #455 of 559
I have had my Studio for about four weeks and it came with the holes drilled out as in the picture. It does mean that the headphones jacks of any sort fit without a problem. This has no effect on the sound but it does spoil the Studios appearance, if thats not an oxymoron! Why has nobody in the US had their Studio yet?

May 25, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #456 of 559

Quote:
Isn't it just speculation that there are two different versions?

yes it is speculation, its why i said "maybe",
i got this information from someone in singapore forum, i didnt give the link because i think its not polite to post link to other forum,
i am planning to figure it myself, i am waiting my Studio from whiplash, and i will borrow my friend`s Studio who got it from other Shop which i nicknamed it "Asian Version" ,  
just wait and be patient, ok ? :)

May 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #459 of 559
I must admit my expectations have been so high for all these months, that I hope it can satisfy most of them.  It's exciting, but I'm also nervous.  I do however think it will deliver.  I'll know in a few hours!   There's a small chance USPS Priority Mail will be late, but I'm pretty sure it will be here.  It was processed Monday in New York, and I'm in DC.  

May 26, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #463 of 559
I Just got home from work, and picked up my package from Whiplash off my front porch!  Inside was a large leather bound hinged box with the Hisoundaudio logo on it.  It really is a very nice box....  
So anyway, the Studio read my memory card in under 5 seconds, so I plugged in some 80 ohm Beyerdynamic 770 pros and put on some music.  I'll be sitting here in amazement for awhile people.  It's brilliant.   Here are some early impressions and observations...

First,  I'll get the negatives out of the way, because there are just a couple so far.  The headphone socket has been drilled out just like the photos in this thread.  I really wasn't expecting that.  Also, I had the volume turned up to about 26 out of 31 to get it as loud as my iPhone, and maxed out to get it really nice and loud.  However, that's me.  I like my headphones a little loud because I listen to a lot of bass heavy music, and also because I use my headphones to listen to music in my noisy commute.  This may change now, because the sound of the Studio is so great.  The player reveals rich, detailed sound with fantastic bass extension.  This is why I bought the Studio in the first place really.  POWER.  It has it, and I don't have much else to say right now.  I'm going to listen to music all night..   I should take some time with it anyway to break it in and really listen to it before I should comment further...  If anyone has any questions let me know.  I'm very happy so far 
L3000.gif

Just a footnote, I don't need it on volume 31 to get it nice and loud for most of my albums.  The one I tested the player with was mastered pretty low.  I have since found 31 to be painfully loud with a lot of my recordings..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back