STUDIO I Evaluation!!!
May 17, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #421 of 559
You're serious. 
eek.gif
 THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Quote:
Studio has arrived!!!! Yahoo!

May 17, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #422 of 559
My evaluation of a pre-production Studio I may still be applicable, but I am glad to see that HiSound have fixed the recessed jack. That was very sad. The unit I evaluated still hissed very badly, but otherwise, was much easier to control than the AMP3. Thank god. 

May 17, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #423 of 559
It's not gonna hiss with my ESW9's.  Or most likely any other non IEM.  It's not really made for them anyway.  The Studio 1 is, as far as I know.  
...I'm basing this on my experience with my Amp3 Pro2 though, which may be foolish.  I guess I'll know soon enough.  I just want to hear for myself.

May 17, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #427 of 559
Re: DJ1Pro - I realise that I listen to lower volumes than most of the people on HF, so when I say yes, I mean plenty, but I will add the proviso that even full volume, there is little to no clipping. The DT880 600Ω got too loud with either the Studio I or the AMP3. The Studio I must have about 20% louder output, maybe more. 

It sounds good, but again, it isn't that great for earphones.

May 17, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #428 of 559

Quote:
Re: DJ1Pro - I realise that I listen to lower volumes than most of the people on HF, so when I say yes, I mean plenty, but I will add the proviso that even full volume, there is little to no clipping. The DT880 600Ω got too loud with either the Studio I or the AMP3. The Studio I must have about 20% louder output, maybe more. 

It sounds good, but again, it isn't that great for earphones.

So, do you know if you had the Studio or the Studio 1?  

May 17, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #429 of 559
Pre-evaluation. I am sure they are similar. The only thing HiSound really needed to fix was the recessed headphone outputs. I don't think hiss is something they can fix as their definition of hiss and most people's definition of hiss are very different. For the ESW9, you should have fun.

May 18, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #430 of 559

Quote:
Pre-evaluation. I am sure they are similar. The only thing HiSound really needed to fix was the recessed headphone outputs. I don't think hiss is something they can fix as their definition of hiss and most people's definition of hiss are very different. For the ESW9, you should have fun.

Thank you for your help.  Just one more question.  Would you say it had a stronger output than an iPhone 3gs?

May 18, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #431 of 559
I don't have an iPhone 3GS, but I would never go loud enough to say which is actually stronger. The iPod touch 2G gets way too loud with most of my phones that I don't need anything more than 40% volume. The Studio may have been a bit louder. I am going on memory here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back