Stax SR-X9000
Jan 16, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #766 of 2,979
You linked a 42 minute video review primarily about a planar headphone that makes a passing comparison to the Stax SR-009S in a thread about the SR-X9000. Tangents are bound to occur in any thread, but this is just not of particular interest to the vast majority of prospective SR-X9000 purchasers or owners, IMHO. It's probably a good idea to lurk a bit and observe forum norms if you are new here.
OMG...
Phew, interesting, how the discussion is restricted here. I really thought it would be of a high value for the people interested in this topic, the overall stakeholder ecosystem, in order to understand the value of comparison. In my company (my professional affiliation), if thinking and discussion would be that restricted and linearized, it would go bankrupt.
The only thing is that before I quit this forum, I would like to discuss this with the real professionals and senior guys, i.e. the moderators of this forum. If the moderators are of the same opinion as some normal posting people here, that I did some fraud or violation of the forum's rules or "norms", then I agree and I will quit the forum.

Jan 16, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #767 of 2,979
OMG...
Phew, interesting, how the discussion is restricted here. I really thought it would be of a high value for the people interested in this topic, the overall stakeholder ecosystem, in order to understand the value of comparison. In my company (my professional affiliation), if thinking and discussion would be that restricted and linearized, it would go bankrupt.
The only thing is that before I quit this forum, I would like to discuss this with the real professionals and senior guys, i.e. the moderators of this forum. If the moderators are of the same opinion as some normal posting people here, that I did some fraud or violation of the forum's rules or "norms", then I agree and I will quit the forum.
You’re looking to argue and fight

Nobody wants to join in. A simple “this doesn’t belong here” shouldn’t have been such a big insult. It’s not an insult. The video is off topic and now a derail convo about your feelings

Jan 16, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #768 of 2,979
Ok, maybe you are right.
Maybe I took this too personally and was too sensitive. And my reaction might have been to thin-skinned.

But I had some well-meant (really well-meant!) argumentation and discussion, and the reaction was still quite destructive and really negative. In my company we try to have another culture, that of esteem of the other person and his opinion, and quite constructive conversation. And this I cannot feel here right now (OK, sorry, I might be VERY wrong, it may be distorted as there was only the reaction of a minority). I am a very polite person by the way and try to be very welcome and fair to everyone. I love people and try to be always kind and open to them (even if I do not know them). And the reactions here were not really kind and polite.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #769 of 2,979
Ok, maybe you are right.
Maybe I took this too personally and was too sensitive. And my reaction might have been to thin-skinned.

But I had some well-meant (really well-meant!) argumentation and discussion, and the reaction was still quite destructive and really negative. In my company we try to have another culture, that of esteem of the other person and his opinion, and quite constructive conversation. And this I cannot feel here right now (OK, sorry, I might be VERY wrong, it may be distorted as there was only the reaction of a minority). I am a very polite person by the way and try to be very welcome and fair to everyone. I love people and try to be always kind and open to them (even if I do not know them). And the reactions here were not really kind and polite.
I do see your good intentions. Try to let the emotions pass. I bet most of those reading who are silent aren’t too bothered…which includes me. There are a lot of worse things happening in all our lives.

Jan 16, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #770 of 2,979
I do see your good intentions. Try to let the emotions pass. I bet most of those reading who are silent aren’t too bothered…which includes me. There are a lot of worse things happening in all our lives.
Hi makan,
thank you very much for your kind posting :) :thumbsup:
This is what cures so much.
Yes, you are perfectly right, let's the emotions pass :)
So, it's OK for me now and let's forget it or bygones!
Cheers :)

Jan 17, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #773 of 2,979
Jan 17, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #777 of 2,979
Great commercial!!!

I am embarrassed to say, after having my X9000’s for almost 2 months, I have finally sat down and started spending quality time with them (Mjolnir Carbon w/ Linn Klimax DS source). Normally in my 2 channel world we talk about speakers being good if they are able to scale up and easily show each time one upgrades their source (DAC or turntable). In the case of the X9000 they show the shortcomings of my other headphones (009S, Utopia etc. ) which were unable to fully show all my Linn is capable of retrieving and putting out. I am hearing things my DAC is capable of extracting that my other cans are unable to play back. In addition the X9000 is highly musical. Even though it excels in detail one does not concentrate on its clinical abilities but rather the fact that it just plays the tune in a highly involving way.

Jan 17, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #778 of 2,979
Great commercial!!!

I am embarrassed to say, after having my X9000’s for almost 2 months, I have finally sat down and started spending quality time with them (Mjolnir Carbon w/ Linn Klimax DS source). Normally in my 2 channel world we talk about speakers being good if they are able to scale up and easily show each time one upgrades their source (DAC or turntable). In the case of the X9000 they show the shortcomings of my other headphones (009S, Utopia etc. ) which were unable to fully show all my Linn is capable of retrieving and putting out. I am hearing things my DAC is capable of extracting that my other cans are unable to play back. In addition the X9000 is highly musical. Even though it excels in detail one does not concentrate on its clinical abilities but rather the fact that it just plays the tune in a highly involving way.
How do you feel it compares to the 007 mk1?

Jan 17, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #779 of 2,979
Although I dont own the 009S anymore as i sold my 007mk1 and 009 when I ordered my X9000 to cover the cost, I had AB demo both X9000 and SR009S in show room , and the X9000 is much better in many aspect.
>bigger soundstage (more presist and accurate)
>higher resolution
>more midbass (007Mk1 style but not as much?)
>subbass extended way below then 009
>treble remain largely very similar to 009BK on showroom but the 009 have more spike(on my face effect)
>speed is roughtly the same
I put them on a stand, and put away without there cables. Cables are stored in a box with a Boveda
Oh not to forget that: in you unplug your STAX headphones and put them away "as is" the rest charge will attract dust/dirt! A good idea is to moisten ones thumb and shortcut the five pins on the STAX plug for a second to discharge the phones completely. Also great to avoid the "sticky membrane poblem" some had.
I discharge them on anti-static foam. Keep a piece on the stand. Got the tip from Audeze. And for storage, I keep mine in AC all day on stands. House is usually in 50’s humidity.

Jan 18, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #780 of 2,979
It's interesting that Stax is outright calling it an Omega, where they never officially did that with the 007/009.
they used to called it the Omega 3 during prototype phase
i wonder why they dont adopt the name of SR-011
since SR007Mk1
007Mk2/A= SR008
SR009
SR009S=SR-010
SR-X9000=SR-011?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back