Stax SR-X9000
Jan 24, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #796 of 3,032
Probably the fastest headphone you can get, very dynamic, ultra-resolving, massive stage with precise separation, extended from top to bottom. It is like estat dialed up to 11. Based on the standard KGSSHV, the Mjolnir Carbon will amplify these traits to the maximum. (Don't skimp on source either.)
I have a friend living in Japan. Does anyone know if I would get hold of a Stax x9000 faster by having my friend buy it there and shipping to me? I'm wondering if there are more dealers and more availability there, in Japan?

Jan 25, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #797 of 3,032
I have a friend living in Japan. Does anyone know if I would get hold of a Stax x9000 faster by having my friend buy it there and shipping to me? I'm wondering if there are more dealers and more availability there, in Japan?
Even in japan its sold out everywhere and people are ordering, however, if its like the 009 back in 2011/12 then occasionly some shop in tokyo (eg: dynamic audio5555 or tereon) might have ordered stock for themself and 1 or 2 will be avilable from time to time.

Jan 25, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #799 of 3,032
That aside, in Japan, the listed price is 90% of its msrp.
Yes its abit cheaper but i believe prices in other asia country like hong kong are similar.
1643167460366.png

Jan 25, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #800 of 3,032
Welp. My pair is delayed again. Quoted as 'hopeful' for next month, but it's all pretty uncertain at this point. Think it's possible it'll slip way beyond that I'd assume.

Eager to compare, but really have been enjoying the stats I have on hand--only saving grace.

Jan 25, 2022 at 11:43 PM Post #801 of 3,032
Welp. My pair is delayed again. Quoted as 'hopeful' for next month, but it's all pretty uncertain at this point. Think it's possible it'll slip way beyond that I'd assume.

Eager to compare, but really have been enjoying the stats I have on hand--only saving grace.
might try calling stax international to see what they will say.

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #803 of 3,032
Sorry bud. Which vendor?

I went through my normal dealer. But tbh at this point I don't think it matters lol. I'm seeing everyone receive the same updates through any vendor/channel. Seems it's still due to supply. I do hope that it arrives at least by March, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's beyond that.

Definitely eager to try them, but not frustrated or anything. Also keeping an eye to see if a used pair hits the market, I know that's very unlikely, but I'd sell the second pair if that happens, just like I did the CRBN. So if any of you here don't like them, please let me know lol

Jan 26, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #804 of 3,032
I went through my normal dealer. But tbh at this point I don't think it matters lol. I'm seeing everyone receive the same updates through any vendor/channel. Seems it's still due to supply. I do hope that it arrives at least by March, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's beyond that.

Definitely eager to try them, but not frustrated or anything. Also keeping an eye to see if a used pair hits the market, I know that's very unlikely, but I'd sell the second pair if that happens, just like I did the CRBN. So if any of you here don't like them, please let me know lol
But some dealer does seems to recieve stock more often than others, for example Fujiy avic/dynamic audio in Japan and ECT in Hong Kong...may be because the order volume being the reason why that they seems to recieve more sets or that they are bigger fish for Edifier lol

Jan 26, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #805 of 3,032
But some dealer does seems to recieve stock more often than others, for example Fujiy avic/dynamic audio in Japan and ECT in Hong Kong...may be because the order volume being the reason why that they seems to recieve more sets or that they are bigger fish for Edifier lol

Oh yea, for sure it definitely varies. I also get orders in Asia being fulfilled quicker/first. But from everyone I've talked to in the US, it sounds like we're all being given very consistent messaging. Everyone that expected theirs in Jan got pushed back to Feb. Multiple sources are saying parts delays are the major issue, that most orders will be delayed to summer etc. At least in the US, right now, I don't see the dealer or distribution channel making much difference. But I guess I'll find out by March lol

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #809 of 3,032
I didn’t know that Stax Audio in USA is owned and operated by Woo Audio.
I confirmed this yesterday with Jack Wu.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 2, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #810 of 3,032
I didn’t know that Stax Audio in USA is owned and operated by Woo Audio.
I confirmed this yesterday with Jack Wu.
Do you think this means that there is a better chance of getting the x9000s faster from Woo than any other US outlet? The 1K deposit program is attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back