Stax SR-X9000
Apr 26, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #2,971 of 3,016
A power cable makes no difference lol, let alone on something so low powered… Open your amp up if you want to see the “boutique” normal wiring being used inside your amps or hell rip down your dry wall and check out the exotic wire running through your walls and switch board 🤣
He seems to be using regular Belden wire, which is pretty standard high-quality cabling, not an esoteric multi-thousand dollar boutique audiophile brand.

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #2,972 of 3,016
A power cable makes no difference lol, let alone on something so low powered… Open your amp up if you want to see the “boutique” normal wiring being used inside your amps or hell rip down your dry wall and check out the exotic wire running through your walls and switch board 🤣
What about RFI? Or doesn’t that exist either? If you want to start a debate about cables why not head over to a cable forum where they may at least give a damn about your opinions 😂😘

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #2,973 of 3,016
What about RFI? Or doesn’t that exist either? If you want to start a debate about cables why not head over to a cable forum where they may at least give a damn about your opinions 😂😘
...wouldn't doing so drown an attempt at actual discussion with groupspeak?

I appreciate when forum posters express reasonably articulate contrarian views about components which may or may not synergise with the main product-of-discussion. If every hifi component were discussed in a separate forum (which headfi and all hifi audio forums obviously prefer), I think the main beneficiaries would be not the forum participants, but rather the manufacturers of the product in question.

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #2,974 of 3,016
Im using srm 700s, which I guess is the latest version of the 717. I find it much better in direct mode ( by-passing the in built in volume control), so if you’ve got a good pre or quality digital attenuation, I’d use that. I also made the mistake of running it out of a extension socket (for a time, needs must) but getting it powered directly from the wall socket with a diy 30 amp mains lead (Belden) made a big difference, which is no surprise really!
I also insert a DC blocker in the mains supply

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #2,976 of 3,016
Most noise is already in your conductor wires and introduced from other devices on the same wire runs back feeding into your house circuits. That is why any self respecting devices have input filters, isolation transformers and power supply regulation… Likewise the wires running up your walls and into the roof and even street over long runs provide far more potential for noise injection.

Im not trying to derail but please don’t start this power cord stuff lol. An extension lead vs the wiring in your walls is basically the same other than wiring gauge.

But hey don’t listen to me, listen to the people who have a vested interest to sell you stuff, I'm sure they’re completely unbiased…

I also insert a DC blocker in the mains supply

If your device already has an input transformer, then no DC can ever pass through it…

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #2,977 of 3,016
Most noise is already in your conductor wires and introduced from other devices on the same wire runs back feeding into your house circuits. That is why any self respecting devices have input filters, isolation transformers and power supply regulation… Likewise the wires running up your walls and into the roof and even street over long runs provide far more potential for noise injection.

Im not trying to derail but please don’t start this power cord stuff lol. An extension lead vs the wiring in your walls is basically the same other than wiring gauge.

But hey don’t listen to me, listen to the people who have a vested interest to sell you stuff, I'm sure they’re completely unbiased…

If your device already has an input transformer, then no DC can ever pass through it…
You’re getting your knickers in a complete twist over this aokman. Go back and reread my posts and you should hopefully see that the point was to get rid of a fused extension block which I was having to use as supplied power cable didn’t reach the plug. How you can accuse me of starting a power cable debate and pandering to the whims of AudioQuest and the like when I bought cheap Belden mains cable and plugs and made up my own (that’s what DIY means) is just ridiculous. You started this debate, but just to be clear on the RFI point which you seem to have missed, the reason the cables are screened is to reduce the “emission” of RFI into the sensitive analogue and digital signal cables running in close proximity behind your equipment, nothing at all to do with RFI already on the line which is dealt with in the equipment. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m no fan of overpriced audiophile cables, I make up all my own (DIY) cheap and effective so hopefully we can at least agree on that.

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #2,979 of 3,016
Easy guys, this is x9000 threads. Power cable thing is way beyond what these headphones can handle :)
+1

[Mod hat on]
@xshen79 is right. Please stick to the SR-X9000 topic.
[/Mod hat off]

Apr 30, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #2,980 of 3,016
Hello friends,
I have sold BHSE and bought T8000 for my X9000.
I have never heard Carbon/Energon/Novem/T2 and other top level energizers, that you, guys, talk here about, but T8000 with X9000 was better for me than BHSE, but the difference is pretty small.

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #2,981 of 3,016
Hello friends,
I have sold BHSE and bought T8000 for my X9000.
I have never heard Carbon/Energon/Novem/T2 and other top level energizers, that you, guys, talk here about, but T8000 with X9000 was better for me than BHSE, but the difference is pretty small.
Thanks for sharing this! I believe you must have tried 700t/700s when buying t8000?

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #2,983 of 3,016
Thanks – good to know!
Don't think so - as far as I can tell, the serial #s are sequential starting with 1000. It's been almost 3 years since the X9000 announcement, and they make a little more than 1 pair per day

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back