1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

STAX SR-009S new flagship electrostatic earspeakers released (with impressions)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by padam, Apr 20, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Next

Last
  1. joseph69
    Much to my surprise, I too enjoyed both, the 009/009S with 007tll as well.

greggf and HoloSpice like this.
  2. cedboe
    Why oh why are there so many SR-009 for sale at low prices at the moment ? I'm hesitating between a sr-009/009s and voce and I wonder...

HoloSpice likes this.
  3. joseph69
    Well maybe because of the 009S/VOCE? If anyone prefers the 009 to the (S) better get them while you still can because the Stax rep at CJ NYC told me they were gong to discontinue the 009 soon.

HoloSpice likes this.
  4. HoloSpice
    Will they lower the to $3800? 0_0

5. joseph69
    I didn't ask, and he didn't say.

HoloSpice likes this.
  6. cedboe
    Thanks for the replies ! If I understand well what I read, the 009S is sounding between the Voce and 009 ? More relaxed ? I have never heard a 009 sadly, I had a 007 early Mk1 and liked it very much but wanted more bass and needed a closed can back then so I sold it. Now I can get an open back again, bought a Diana but didn't like the signature. Now hesitating between Susvara, Voce or 009/009S...

7. bearwarrior
    If you are looking for more bass among the choices, VOCE will be the one, which shares more similarity with 007 MK1. You can PM me for more impressions.

8. Thaudiophile
    Go to head-case, Spritzer and Kevin Gilmore have shared their impressions of Voce there.

9. HoloSpice
    Sounds like the new stax omega flagship is coming soon..

10. Whitigir
    Soon for Stax is usually 5 years, but I could be wrong. But if I could be right, then happy waiting

HoloSpice likes this.
  11. joseph69
    What makes you say this? Because they're going to discontinue the 009?

HoloSpice likes this.
  12. Tekunda
    It would be interesting to see what happens to the SQ if people remove the dust covers on their S009/S009s.
    It is not that dangerous, the transducer/diaphragm is pretty puncture proof.
    They did tests once on Martin Logan electrostatic speakers, puncturing the foil with hundreds of holes and it did not degrade the SQ.

13. Whitigir
    What about the dust and the arcing ? It may feel good for the ears massages

HoloSpice likes this.
  14. Tekunda
    When I still had my Martin Logans (ok, it didn't punch holes into the transducers though) I used to vacuum them (the trancducer foil) to get rid of dust particles and indeed, it improved the sound quality.
    On a side note:
    Whosoever owned electrostatic speakers knows, what a simple design electrostatic speakers are.
    Basically it's two metal plates called the stators and sandwiched in between is a coated foil, called the transducer.
    3 parts, that's about it. And electrostatic HP are not any different from e-stat speakers.
    So to ask up to $6000 and more for such a headphone is insane. I am sure the parts will not cost more than $100.
    Why do you think the Kaldas guy from Bombay is able to offer electrostatic headphones for $500?
    And I wouldn't be amazed if the SQ of the Kaldas comes close to the Stax 009s. It's basically the same design.

15. Whitigir
    Cool, I will be waiting for you to excercise those practices as in buying a SR-009, remove the protectors, puncture holes, and vacuum cleaning it. I can’t wait to hear impressions and your experiences

Jones Bob and HoloSpice like this.
First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Next

Last