SRH840 impression
Aug 10, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #616 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solitary1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked Northern Light & Sound for a price quote on the 840's and they gave me a price of $116.85. Good for 15 days from today.

Thanks for this! With shipping, their price is only $3 more than RMCs. Cancelled with RMC and ordered from NSL.
bigsmile_face.gif

BTW - I've ordered a number of times from NSL. They are terrific to deal with. They do not have the 'phones in stock and have to get them from Shure. The expected turn around is about a week.

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #617 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for this! With shipping, their price is only $3 more than RMCs. Cancelled with RMC and ordered from NSL.
bigsmile_face.gif

BTW - I've ordered a number of times from NSL. They are terrific to deal with. They do not have the 'phones in stock and have to get them from Shure. The expected turn around is about a week.

No problem. We try to help each other out here, right?

Yes, they're a big Ultrasone dealer, and I've ordered from them several times also with nothing but positive results. Highly recommended.

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #619 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Satyrical /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone compared these to Audio-Technica M50s?

Not yet.

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #620 of 2,135
NLS doesnt have them in stock right now, but jeez 115 for the 840s? I'll stand on my head for a few days without food or water to get the 840s at that price ( really hope it was the 840s and not the 440s, hope the rep you talked to didn't make a mistake and look up the 440 >.> )

Can someone please compare the 440s to the ATHes7s please. If they sound better and have the same quality in bass or better, I'll be the happiest deadpool around town.

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #621 of 2,135
I emailed them for a quote and here is what they sent. You will see it is for 840s.

Dear Customer,

Below, please find our Maximum Discount Pricing for the product(s) you inquired about:

Shure SRH840 - $116.85

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #622 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadpool86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NLS doesnt have them in stock right now, but jeez 115 for the 840s? I'll stand on my head for a few days without food or water to get the 840s at that price ( really hope it was the 840s and not the 440s, hope the rep you talked to didn't make a mistake and look up the 440 >.> )

These people know their business, ok?

Aug 11, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #623 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by chews89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ WOW serious? If only someone could buy a pair for me and send it over to Aus
frown.gif

yea i thought my 1500 Hong Kong dollars(around 200) was a good deal since they just came out, at least here in Hong Kong

Aug 11, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #624 of 2,135
Has anyone found a replacement cable for the stock one yet? I need something a little bit longer and straight. I tried extending it to the "reported" length of 10 feet and doing this puts quite a bit of strain on the end connected to the headphone.

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #626 of 2,135
Just got my shure 840s and out of the box they are not very impressive compared to my open ad900s but nothing on them is really annoying either. Bass is rich, mids are balanced and highs are actually pretty good considering they are closed headphones. I'm reserving more impressions after some burn in but as of now I can say they are already better than all the closed cans Ive had before.

1 hour later I listened to more music and noticed the upper mids to be a little annoying around the 2khz region and the top end above 12khz is a little dark and rolled off.

Anyone notice these better for solid state rather than tube amps?

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #627 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by mplee79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone found a replacement cable for the stock one yet? I need something a little bit longer and straight. I tried extending it to the "reported" length of 10 feet and doing this puts quite a bit of strain on the end connected to the headphone.

I called shure yesterday and spoke with a rep about the 840 and 440 lineup. He said ANY standard 2.5mm to 3.5mm female adapter will work. Find that adapter and you can then go buy a longer mini to mini ( 3.5mm to 3.5mm ) cable and plug that into the adapter that is connected to the headphone can itself. BTW, Shure gets a 10/10 for that feature. I have the opposite problem, the cord is about 5 ft. too long for me. The weight of the cord will end up breaking the source audio jack eventually. Gravity will just pull the cord down and put stress on the source line in jack. I found both the adapter and the cord i want on amazon for about 2 bucks total
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #629 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by iseedeadpeople /img/forum/go_quote.gif
quick question there are 2 pads 1 installed and the other backup, are they the same quality?

Um, yes.

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #630 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone pay their RMC order through paypal but cancel their order? Was there any problem with refunding paypal money? Just curious.

I cancelled my SRH840 order (PayPal) but after not seeing any action in my account after 48 hours I had to call back two days later to have them refund my cash and it arrived within minutes of me hanging up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back