SRH840 impression
Jul 29, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #271 of 2,135
Anyone here able to do me a favor and order me one from one of these shops with good prices and just ship them to me in the Philippines? I'll pay in advance via paypal
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #272 of 2,135
@f00fighters: I don't think that matters, since I just checked, and it looks like they're out of stock right now.
frown.gif

@donunus: I would love to, but I know Headphone Solutions and their 40% coupon is dead, and now with RMC Audio out of stock, I can't think of any other seller that has them for a low price. Plus, I can only pay by Paypal in this situation.

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #273 of 2,135
hmm, wow if your willing, getting it from j&r or full compass for their price range of 140 to 160 dollars would be great then i'll add around 50 or so dollars for shipping to the Philippines and were set
biggrin.gif

i read somewhere maybe earlier on this thread that the price for the 840s at full compass when calling the 800 number came out to 142.50. I'm sure J&r matches prices too

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #274 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious K_19, was there any duty/brokerage fees with FedEx? I'm also in Canada and I am seriously considering going through headphonesolutions.com as well. Can't recall, but did you request the $159 deal? Also curious as there seems to be a range of different, mutually exclusive deals that Flavio & Co. have been offering. Cheers!
jecklinsmile.gif

There was indeed brokerage fees, which is unavoidable really since this is new item crossing the border with fedEx. However, he did give me the $160 deal which is like free shipping on the regular price, and brokerage fees wasn't that much of a hit. I'll send you a pm later on how you can get flavio to help you with that. Needless to say though, even after paying regular price after everything I find thes cans well worth it.

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #275 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you mean Denon D2000, most of people prefere Shure in everyway except soundstage. For me Denon is too overrated headphones, 50% of their cost is just, because they are made from quality materials.

You must be correct because Shure has flooded the market with the 840 and there are so many reviews comparing the two.
rolleyes.gif

And who wants quality materials? Certainly nobody on Head-Fi cares about quality materials!
rolleyes.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #276 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was indeed brokerage fees, which is unavoidable really since this is new item crossing the border with fedEx. However, he did give me the $160 deal which is like free shipping on the regular price, and brokerage fees wasn't that much of a hit. I'll send you a pm later on how you can get flavio to help you with that. Needless to say though, even after paying regular price after everything I find thes cans well worth it.

I know you don't pay brokerage fees with UPS Worldwide Expedited/Express. You do have to pay sales tax when receiving the item though. Maybe that is what you had to pay?

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #277 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by RicHSAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know you don't pay brokerage fees with UPS Worldwide Expedited/Express. You do have to pay sales tax when receiving the item though. Maybe that is what you had to pay?

You need to push harder to have NCIX carry these!!! :p

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #279 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anywhere in Canada carrying them yet?

Haven't seen it. But RicHSAD made a thread on the NCIX product request forum section. I've also posted in his thread requesting these. If there is enough support they may carry them? Otherwise, we'll just be stuck importing. Bestbuy/Futureshop do carry all the IEM's by Shure, so maybe at some point they will carry them. But they don't have the best pricing in the world either.

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #280 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to push harder to have NCIX carry these!!! :p

Haha. I might go and randomly bump my thread sometime soon lol.

I have yet to find any place that has them in Canada.

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #281 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by RicHSAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha. I might go and randomly bump my thread sometime soon lol.

I have yet to find any place that has them in Canada.

Oh it's been bumping alright :p. Hopefully NCIX will actually get these.

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #282 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, wow if your willing, getting it from j&r or full compass for their price range of 140 to 160 dollars would be great then i'll add around 50 or so dollars for shipping to the Philippines and were set
biggrin.gif

i read somewhere maybe earlier on this thread that the price for the 840s at full compass when calling the 800 number came out to 142.50. I'm sure J&r matches prices too

Well I just called Full Compass, and they can do Paypal, but you have to call them yourself, since they can only ship to whatever address is linked to the Paypal account. I don't see anything on their website saying that they CAN'T ship worldwide, so I reckon it's worth a try.
wink.gif

EDIT: Oh, and they're out of stock anyway, and won't get a re-stock until around mid-August.

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #283 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't seen it. But RicHSAD made a thread on the NCIX product request forum section. I've also posted in his thread requesting these. If there is enough support they may carry them? Otherwise, we'll just be stuck importing. Bestbuy/Futureshop do carry all the IEM's by Shure, so maybe at some point they will carry them. But they don't have the best pricing in the world either.

I think the main reason that I don't really see Best Buy/Futureshop carrying these in the future is that the top two models, 440 and the 840, are more geared towards the Pro Audio audience rather than the consumer audience. I can definitely see them carrying 240's in the future as that's more targeted towards general consumers, but not the 840's... Perhaps places like Steve's music, Cosmo Music, etc. will start carrying them in the near future. Plus I've contacted Bay & Bloor Radio out of curiousity and they said that while they're not completely sure yet, it's very likely that they'll carry these in the future as well.

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #284 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by f00fighters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rmc audio?? i see the 840's for $199 on there... is that deal already gone?

Wow, looks like I made it in just under the buzzer...In addition to the price increase, an RMC Audio rep told me they changed the "5% off" coupon this morning to apply to orders over $299 only...but he was kind enough to discount my prior order.
beyersmile.png

I still think it would be worth your time to get a "best price" quote from RMC Audio on these cans, though (which is accomplished easily enough either by calling or clicking the "Best Price" button)...My thinking is they mistakenly listed their best price on their website, when they should have been showing the minimum advertised price allowed by Shure ($199? Seems consistent with every other authorized reseller) and disclosing the discounted price by special request only.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #285 of 2,135
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the main reason that I don't really see Best Buy/Futureshop carrying these in the future is that the top two models, 440 and the 840, are more geared towards the Pro Audio audience rather than the consumer audience. I can definitely see them carrying 240's in the future as that's more targeted towards general consumers, but not the 840's... Perhaps places like Steve's music, Cosmo Music, etc. will start carrying them in the near future. Plus I've contacted Bay & Bloor Radio out of curiousity and they said that while they're not completely sure yet, it's very likely that they'll carry these in the future as well.

But they carry SE530's... And those apparently "pro" Dre. Beats @ the 349.99 price point. There is really no excuse for them not to carry these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back