SRH840 impression
May 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2,031 of 2,135
Quote:
Well I found the bass even lacking in rap songs imo, let alone dubstep. But everyone's hearing is different though.

I ended up returning the 840 and purchasing the HP100 instead. It's bass is slightly over neutral and doesn't hamper the mids or highs. It also has a wider soundstage. I loved the 840 but it just wasn't what I was looking for in a closed can...

May 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #2,032 of 2,135
Are there any closed or semi-open headphones out there that don't leak much, have great tight, punchy bass with a full clear midrange and crisp, without being overly bright highs? Also decent soundstage and imaging, comfort and circumaural. My budget is €150,-

May 29, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #2,033 of 2,135
Quote:
It's too expensive in my country. Any other good, cheaper options?

To power the SRH840? Try the Fiio E6 instead. I prefer it for my SRH440s because it has just the right amplificaiton for headphones with such low impedance, and it's bass boost is very good. (it can also boost midrange and treble, but the bass boost setting is the best)

In which country are we talking? perhaps we can find an online store that delivers to your country.

May 29, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #2,034 of 2,135
Quote:
Are there any closed or semi-open headphones out there that don't leak much, have great tight, punchy bass with a full clear midrange and crisp, without being overly bright highs? Also decent soundstage and imaging, comfort and circumaural. My budget is €150,-

I don't know how many times you've posted this same question. You've certainly spammed the forum enough. 

You are either very slow, or completely unable to comprehend one simple fact: CLOSED HEADPHONES ARE NO MATCH FOR OPEN HEADPHONES. You just won't get the best sound quality. Be prepared to be disappointed over and over and over and over again. 

May 29, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #2,035 of 2,135
Quote:
I don't know how many times you've posted this same question. You've certainly spammed the forum enough. 

You are either very slow, or completely unable to comprehend one simple fact: CLOSED HEADPHONES ARE NO MATCH FOR OPEN HEADPHONES. You just won't get the best sound quality. Be prepared to be disappointed over and over and over and over again. 

And perhaps you'd like to take a chill pill and modify your responses.  if you can't respond civilly - don't respond.  I'd also disagree with your statement (I've outlined it in red) ......

• If you're in a noisy environment - closed headphones (generally) will give you an improved SQ over open - why - because of the ambient noise :wink:
  • If you're in an environment where headphone leak could be problematic - again closed headphones will trump most open headphones
  • If you're looking for emphasised bass - typically closed headphones (because of bass resonance) will sound bassier - especially at low volumes.
  • Personally (since we're in the SRH840 thread)  - I fin the SRH840 surpass virtually all the open cans around the $150 mark for the signature I like (nice bassline, relatively flat, slightly forward mid-range, and clarity of detail).  In fact I recently just repurchased the SRH840 (other cans in my sig - and I am VERY much enjoying getting back to them!)

I do agree though that typically open headphones (as you scale the SQ ladder) will give you far better sound stage and imaging.

Quote:

@dakanao - do some research on the Mad Dogs.  Closed orthos - and supposed to have all the things you are looking for.  Disclaimer - I haven't heard them - so suggest you do some research and ask actual owners.  If they are out of your price range - consider buying some T50RP, and then utilise the modding thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/618659/fostex-t50rp-incremental-mods-and-measurements) to get them to your ideal signature yourself.

Also - I notice from your previous posts that it seems your budget is your major restriction.  You're either going to need to make some compromises - or bide your time and save a little more.

May 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #2,036 of 2,135
Quote:
To power the SRH840? Try the Fiio E6 instead. I prefer it for my SRH440s because it has just the right amplificaiton for headphones with such low impedance, and it's bass boost is very good. (it can also boost midrange and treble, but the bass boost setting is the best)

In which country are we talking? perhaps we can find an online store that delivers to your country.

I can get the FiiO E6 for €30,- ($38). Is it worth that? I live in the Netherlands btw.
Quote:

And perhaps you'd like to take a chill pill and modify your responses.  if you can't respond civilly - don't respond.  I'd also disagree with your statement (I've outlined it in red) ......

• If you're in a noisy environment - closed headphones (generally) will give you an improved SQ over open - why - because of the ambient noise :wink:
  • If you're in an environment where headphone leak could be problematic - again closed headphones will trump most open headphones
  • If you're looking for emphasised bass - typically closed headphones (because of bass resonance) will sound bassier - especially at low volumes.
  • Personally (since we're in the SRH840 thread)  - I fin the SRH840 surpass virtually all the open cans around the $150 mark for the signature I like (nice bassline, relatively flat, slightly forward mid-range, and clarity of detail).  In fact I recently just repurchased the SRH840 (other cans in my sig - and I am VERY much enjoying getting back to them!)

I do agree though that typically open headphones (as you scale the SQ ladder) will give you far better sound stage and imaging.

@dakanao - do some research on the Mad Dogs.  Closed orthos - and supposed to have all the things you are looking for.  Disclaimer - I haven't heard them - so suggest you do some research and ask actual owners.  If they are out of your price range - consider buying some T50RP, and then utilise the modding thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/618659/fostex-t50rp-incremental-mods-and-measurements) to get them to your ideal signature yourself.

Also - I notice from your previous posts that it seems your budget is your major restriction.  You're either going to need to make some compromises - or bide your time and save a little more.

Can't get those in my country unfortanetly.

May 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #2,037 of 2,135
After breaking my M50s, I think I am going to move on to these. Any good deals for them right now?

May 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #2,039 of 2,135
I'm not too much of a basshead anyways. I bought the m50s mostly when they were really popular, but they never really impressed me that much. Hopefully if I can find some of these for cheap, it will be a step up.

May 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #2,040 of 2,135
Try the SoundMaGIC HP100 like I said in an earlier post on this thread. It is what i moved on to after the 840 and I haven't looked back since (though i did like the 840).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back