SR60-Mod
Apr 15, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #3,046 of 5,004
They fit better inside out and they look better. I switch between inside out and the hf2 leather headband daily. The v3 is a good headband and I do like it. I bought it for looks and not comfort. So the padding wasnt the clincher.

Quote:
I don't really like the stock leather grado head bands much, not much padding if any at all. No regrets with my J$ v3 ( the thick and wide one, not v2 which looks like a grado replica) headband at all, the balance and padding is quite a step up from any grado headband. I don't get why you would put it on upside down unless you don't like the padding and prefer no padding.

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #3,047 of 5,004
I've always been a function over form person. I'm sure if Bill got more headbands made, they would all eventually sell; not a matter of if but when
wink.gif

I might even buy one for my SR60 but I don't need it though it would certainly be nice to have.

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #3,049 of 5,004

Quote:
I've always been a function over form person. I'm sure if Bill got more headbands made, they would all eventually sell; not a matter of if but when
wink.gif

I might even buy one for my SR60 but I don't need it though it would certainly be nice to have.

I'd buy one if I had the cash. Bill's headbands are phenomenal looking.

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #3,051 of 5,004
I don't think the headbands are a problem with Grado's. Infact padded headbands can prove to be more uncomfortable for long listening times (head itch for e.g). At first they seem uncomfortable but when I've been wearing mine for a long time I really don't know it is there, and I have a bald head!

I also believe it is thin and light for acoustic reasons.    

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #3,052 of 5,004
Here is what I just did to my headband.. It makes it fit better for me, but keep in mind that I wear em with the rods all the way up, this lets me put a them down a little bit and get a good fit. Plus, I have really thick short hair, I'm not sure this felt padding would feel great if you were to put it directly against skin.

It works as a quick, easy mod for me :)

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #3,053 of 5,004
I agree, I don't think the grado's are heavy enough to need a padded headband. Adding more bulk to that area actually puts more pressure on the head than if you just left the original headband. 

It does however make them LOOK better, more official and less cheap looking.

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #3,054 of 5,004
I shoulda bought two and I knew it, damn, damn, damn.....
The BigBillBands are awesome (good name for them actually isn't it?) We got to lobby for Big Bill to get his guy to do up more...this picture makes them look big and somewhat bulky they are not at all, they are all around the perfect fit...in my humble opinion...

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #3,057 of 5,004

Quote:
I shoulda bought two and I knew it, damn, damn, damn.....
The BigBillBands are awesome (good name for them actually isn't it?) We got to lobby for Big Bill to get his guy to do up more...this picture makes them look big and somewhat bulky they are not at all, they are all around the perfect fit...in my humble opinion...

That 3B headband is freaking awesome man! Looks the deal to me!

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #3,060 of 5,004
Quote:
Here is what I just did to my headband.. It makes it fit better for me, but keep in mind that I wear em with the rods all the way up, this lets me put a them down a little bit and get a good fit. Plus, I have really thick short hair, I'm not sure this felt padding would feel great if you were to put it directly against skin.

It works as a quick, easy mod for me :)

yeah... this was short lived. Back to stock for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back