SR60-Mod
Apr 15, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #3,031 of 5,004

Quote:
It probably also depends on who you reach, too.  In my case, they told me they wouldn't sell me any parts (e.g. replacement drivers), but would do all the necessary work that was required for $45.00 and they'd cover the shipping to get the headphones back to me.  I think other people have indicated they've charged a flat fee of $30 or so to get a pair of headphones re-cabled.  Either way you look at it, they're providing a service to keep their headphones going for a long time - regardless if they are past the warranty period, or not.  Plus, they're not charging you an arm and a leg for the service - just a basic service fee.  I guess that's what "quantity buying" gets you.  I'm sure they're not paying a whole lot for their drivers - even on the higher-end models.

good point my friend, though buisness is buisness and they are obviously still making money from fixing cables drivers etc even with standard fees. I expect they love this thread what with all of the mishaps and broken hp's that they have to sort out. They will never send out seperate parts because we would all be making our own custom Grados from scratch. Rs1 drivers.. ps1000 housings.. probably don't cost that much.   

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #3,032 of 5,004
There goes that black helicopter flying overhead again.........
cool.gif

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #3,034 of 5,004

Quote:
What black helicopter?  I'm protected.

I gotta get me make me a cool hat like that, and it will protect me huh??? LOL....
Sweet!!!

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #3,035 of 5,004

Quote:
There goes that black helicopter flying overhead again.........
cool.gif

I can't hear it...?

are you sure it's not your driver rattling..? 

(just a little joky! all work and no play etc
etysmile.gif

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #3,036 of 5,004

Quote:
chris, I'd say button. you attached sr80 drivers to a portapro headband? 

I sanded off the remaining grille stuck on the back of the buttons and glued them on last night. I also cut out the comfies some more, now they are... Half-dollar modded lol. 

BTW the hammer and a socket method does not work on comfies... I had to cut them out (kinda roughly).

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #3,037 of 5,004
OK! Bila's Cups came and I've started a couple hours of work on them. So far just removing the stock cups and filing down just the LEFT side to fit the 3.5mm jacks. Had to file both the bila cups and the plastic housing. man its a pain. close to 2 hrs and only just done on the LEFT. Halting production now, going to work on them again tmr, after John Legend concert. I think this is going to take a few days.

Quick Question! the red dot represents the positive (signal) side yes?

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #3,040 of 5,004
You can tell by looking at it that it's not using grado drivers. He only put the button and used the grado comfie pads though I'd like to be wrong
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #3,042 of 5,004
I'm pretty aure he just was goofin and put the Grado stuff on the Porta Potty Pros just for kicks...

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #3,043 of 5,004

everytime i see your avatar I think how I want one of those headbands. I have a jmoney that I put on upside down. Iv actually been using the hf2 headband more and more. I really like those headbands bill is having made though.

Quote:
I'm pretty aure he just was goofin and put the Grado stuff on the Porta Potty Pros just for kicks...

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #3,044 of 5,004
I succcessfully recabled my Porta Pro's. Not sure how good my soldering and desoldering skills are, but the Porta Pro's are functioning beautifully; and I just have to say 4 braided silver and a Porta Pro are a very magical pairing
atsmile.gif

Now I'm ready to insert my SR60 driver into it's new Mahogany housing, solder a cable on it and slide it into some African Blackwood, plug it into the Sparrow, queue up some Bonamassa, and rock.  Unfortunately my wood pieces arent ready to go yet.

But I can sort of solder now...so there is that.

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #3,045 of 5,004
I don't really like the stock leather grado head bands much, not much padding if any at all. No regrets with my J$ v3 ( the thick and wide one, not v2 which looks like a grado replica) headband at all, the balance and padding is quite a step up from any grado headband. I don't get why you would put it on upside down unless you don't like the padding and prefer no padding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back