SR60-Mod
Jan 13, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #736 of 5,004
Can't wait to see part 2. I just hope you don't cause me to buy a set of SR60's to hack up. 

Quote:
I'm starting a silly series of YouTube videos about modding.  This is Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy4JtWTjhqQ

In this installment, I make the decision to take a knife to a brand-new pair of defenseless SR60s.  At one point, I almost shouted, "It puts the lotion on or it gets the hose!"

Jan 13, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #737 of 5,004
Here's my 10 second review of cocobolo woodies...

GET THEM...

Seriously, I've never heard acoustic material sound so damn pleasant... 

While I was writing this, I spaced out and got lost between the riffs.

Jan 13, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #738 of 5,004
Pics?

I want to woodie my 325's. Not the cups but the sound chamber.

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #740 of 5,004

Can't wait to see part 2. I just hope you don't cause me to buy a set of SR60's to hack up. 

Quote:
I'm starting a silly series of YouTube videos about modding.  This is Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy4JtWTjhqQ

In this installment, I make the decision to take a knife to a brand-new pair of defenseless SR60s.  At one point, I almost shouted, "It puts the lotion on or it gets the hose!"

Part 2: The plot thickens.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy4JtWTjhqQ

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #742 of 5,004

Quote:
Pics?

I want to woodie my 325's. Not the cups but the sound chamber.

I would take pics, but I can't seem to get these off my head.

There's so much awesome...

I'll try and write a full review over the 4 day weekend.

Amen, brother.  One track, The Cars' "Let's Go" blew me away.  The song is three decades old and yet I'd never heard it quite like this.  It just rippled with tight, popping, detail.

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #745 of 5,004
Where do I find Cocobola woodies???

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #746 of 5,004
Great videos, Bill both informative and entertaining!  

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #747 of 5,004
Bill--awesome videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
The wood tube part, looks like its about 1-1/2" wide and looks to be like part of a length of tube you cut down to smaller widths, is that correct? and what kind of tube is it, where can one get them??
 Thanks
 Ed
I'm an old guy, retired on disability and have no tools so a pre-made thing is where its at for me. I don't have grandkids yet but I bet its fun!!!

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #748 of 5,004
How good are wooded grado vs plastic grado ?
I have a Sr125i and I found it to have too harsh treble so I vented the drivers, damped the back plate and removed the grill cloth. Now there's more bass resulting to a less harsh sound.
I was wondering how good are wooded sr125i against the stock air chamber in order to see if it worth it (I don't have the required equipment to make it)

Jan 13, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #749 of 5,004

Quote:
Bill--awesome videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
The wood tube part, looks like its about 1-1/2" wide and looks to be like part of a length of tube you cut down to smaller widths, is that correct? and what kind of tube is it, where can one get them??
 Thanks
 Ed
I'm an old guy, retired on disability and have no tools so a pre-made thing is where its at for me. I don't have grandkids yet but I bet its fun!!!

I'm not quite sure about what you mean by "wood tube," but the shells were made with his drill press, and you can't just buy a wood tube.

Bill, I can't wait until video 4 when you finally get to the good stuff. 
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #750 of 5,004
How about a recabling video and one on modding headband too 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back