SR60-Mod
Jan 12, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #721 of 5,004
Hey, long time no hear!

That would be great. Also, some head-fiers are in the works to organise a head-fi meet in the near future. Here is the thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529400/meet-in-the-netherlands-benelux/30#post_7195055

When it comes to modding the MS-1 I think the recent MS1000 mods are a must. They consist of lining the pads with fabric (I used an old t-shirt) and punching the holes in the back of the driver (I have four of them right now).

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #723 of 5,004
Jan 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #724 of 5,004
My mods are going slow.removed the drivers from the cups the other day. Used a hair dryer it was easy peasy. Then they sat around for a couple of days waiting for the new cable (four braided silver wire) to show up. Attached the new cable today and they are producing sound (yeah), but now the new cups need a littte something something before I put the drivers in. There is a wood working club pretty close to my house that I'm going to visit hopefully tommorow to notch some holes for the cable.

Still debating with myself about how many holes I should vent. My plan is to use G cush pads which I just orsered from Todd today, so should I just go ahed and vent all 10 or will 6 make tt thuder too?

For the grills I picked up some screen patches at Ace hardware today, it seems like they will work perfect, I'm just not quite sure how to attach them. anybody have any ideas?

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #725 of 5,004

Quote:
My mods are going slow.removed the drivers from the cups the other day. Used a hair dryer it was easy peasy. Then they sat around for a couple of days waiting for the new cable (four braided silver wire) to show up. Attached the new cable today and they are producing sound (yeah), but now the new cups need a littte something something before I put the drivers in. There is a wood working club pretty close to my house that I'm going to visit hopefully tommorow to notch some holes for the cable.

Still debating with myself about how many holes I should vent. My plan is to use G cush pads which I just orsered from Todd today, so should I just go ahed and vent all 10 or will 6 make tt thuder too?

For the grills I picked up some screen patches at Ace hardware today, it seems like they will work perfect, I'm just not quite sure how to attach them. anybody have any ideas?

try four before more..ahahah...rhyme

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #726 of 5,004

Quote:

That's probably good advice but arent the G cush pads going to effectively offset some of that. I was thinking six. I understand your logic I suppose. Perhaps just six before I glue them. Anybody have any ideas about how to attach some screen to a big ol' hole. I suppos I could just wrap it over the hole and staple it but that might not look so good.

EDIT: BTW Noinoi24 love your work.

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #727 of 5,004

Quote:
Quote:

That's probably good advice but arent the G cush pads going to effectively offset some of that. I was thinking six. I understand your logic I suppose. Perhaps just six before I glue them. Anybody have any ideas about how to attach some screen to a big ol' hole. I suppos I could just wrap it over the hole and staple it but that might not look so good.

EDIT: BTW Noinoi24 love your work.

what I did was used thicker mesh (In my case, a mesh letter-tray from staplles) for wooden cups I cut an octagon, and proceded to fold the edges up. continue doing this until you have a bowl-like insert, then put iit in the headphone and push out on the flat parts so as to fill it out and make it round. The only problem is that you need a dremel to cut the mesh, and you need to make releif cuts on the parts being folded up so they can fold together.

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #728 of 5,004
I did four and glad I stopped there, I can always go back easily enough...take it from an old guy!!!!
cool.gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #729 of 5,004

Quote:
Hahahhah....4 holes baby...I can't believe I actually had the balls to do it...thanks to all who did this before me and reported back if too many holes was too much, I figured start with four and I can always go back for more. LOL...it sounds even better.....You guys made an old man smile today!!!!!
 Thanks
 Ed
gs1000.gif

What can I say but...you da man Ed! Happy listening and rock on!
beerchug.gif

Quote:
by the way, i tried to improvise the headband... but i dont know if it looks okay... i need suggestions

Man that is one slick looking can I must say. Where did you get that rod holder? And you gotta love the red cable and grills. Friggin' awesome! 

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #731 of 5,004

I did four and glad I stopped there, I can always go back easily enough...take it from an old guy!!!!
cool.gif

I just did a mod for a friend in the UK.  I was going to stop at four but I've got cocobolo shells and Dynamat.  Between them, it was just irresistible to hit all the holes.  The combination was out of this world - extreme hard wood shells plus a damping that doesn't play.  I can't get to sleep.  I can't get myself to turn my iPod off.

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #732 of 5,004

Quote:

cool.gif

I just did a mod for a friend in the UK.  I was going to stop at four but I've got cocobolo shells and Dynamat.  Between them, it was just irresistible to hit all the holes.  The combination was out of this world - extreme hard wood shells plus a damping that doesn't play.  I can't get to sleep.  I can't get myself to turn my iPod off.

: )

I'm putting the cocobolo on now.

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #734 of 5,004
The man is drunk on power. He's only two steps away from turning into a supervillain!

Jan 13, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #735 of 5,004

Quote:
Quote:
Hahahhah....4 holes baby...I can't believe I actually had the balls to do it...thanks to all who did this before me and reported back if too many holes was too much, I figured start with four and I can always go back for more. LOL...it sounds even better.....You guys made an old man smile today!!!!!
 Thanks
 Ed
gs1000.gif

What can I say but...you da man Ed! Happy listening and rock on!
beerchug.gif

Quote:
by the way, i tried to improvise the headband... but i dont know if it looks okay... i need suggestions

Man that is one slick looking can I must say. Where did you get that rod holder? And you gotta love the red cable and grills. Friggin' awesome! 

im a nurse and we have manual blood pressure apparatus, the bulb controller? thats what i took and used dremel to trim stuff out of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back