Aug 13, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #1,411 of 3,353

Quote:
051a670e_DSC_0294_1.jpeg

I.

Love.

This.

Super.

Hard.

I wish I would have thought of it (the mesh) as this is the exact look that I've been day dreaming of.  Good job and thanks for sharing.....don't be surprise if you start seeing this imitated by "others."  :)

Aug 13, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #1,412 of 3,353

Quote:

I.

Love.

This.

Super.

Hard.

I wish I would have thought of it (the mesh) as this is the exact look that I've been day dreaming of.  Good job and thanks for sharing.....don't be surprise if you start seeing this imitated by "others."  :)

lol .... wow ... marty likes my grill ... im sooo honored  =) im a great fan of your work ... thanks bud! but im sure you'll find a way of getting the mesh instead of hacking up kitchen sieves =)

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #1,413 of 3,353

Quote:

Good job and thanks for sharing.....don't be surprise if you start seeing this imitated by "others."  :)

As far as I see it, there are currently no patents on any of the processes that we "share" here.  So, I consider it to be "open season" when it comes to re-using efficient and well though-out ideas.  Then again, there have been some interesting "points" that I have seen you, Marty, incorporate into your headphone processes that I did not indicate here in the forum, because I felt like those unique items are what made your product what it is - unique.  Those "points" are some of which I'd only have you post about if so you desired. 
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #1,414 of 3,353
After experimenting with leather belts as headband material I thought I 'd better go for some softer material as well as experiment with a little more color. Now this is what I have come up with. The bands are made of goatskin velour leather, padded with some foam on the side below. What should I say? They are really soft, light, they smell good and add a little color :wink:

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #1,415 of 3,353

Quote:
After experimenting with leather belts as headband material I thought I 'd better go for some softer material as well as experiment with a little more color. Now this is what I have come up with. The bands are made of goatskin velour leather, padded with some foam on the side below. What should I say? They are really soft, light, they smell good and add a little color :wink:

Wicked! Maybe a little too flashy for my tastes, but they do look rather nice. Well done stratocaster!

Aug 13, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #1,416 of 3,353
A little too much...bright for my taste, but nice job.

Quote:

Aug 13, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #1,417 of 3,353

Quote:
If you guys want a good reference track for your modded Grados, I recommend this. You'll really feel why Grados are not lacking bass after this haha. Make sure to listen at a suitable volume :D

Great drumming! Good stuff. I don't see it as a good reference though because it is a very bass heavy recording. I'm sure phones that are on the bass light side would sound great with it because it is recorded very bass heavy. Still, great stuff to listen to...

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #1,420 of 3,353

Quote:

I.

Love.

This.

Super.

Hard.

Hey Marty, you never told us what Grados do you listen to at home! Pics appreciated and almost absolutely necessary!

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #1,421 of 3,353

Quote:
I hope to get some pics up in the next few days of something a bit more subtle, yet luxurious.  Think along the lines of Gucci.   
wink_face.gif

Oooh. Consider me interested.

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #1,422 of 3,353

Quote:
Hey Marty, you never told us what Grados do you listen to at home! Pics appreciated and almost absolutely necessary!

I am interested as well. 

Aug 13, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #1,423 of 3,353

Quote:

I would say it's possible that Marty is an ortho head. Although I believe he traded his last pair of thunder panted T50's to Schwallman. But please do show and tell your favorite Grado Marty.

On another note my SR60's are operational again and currently have a little JJ Grey & Mofro pumping through them
gs1000.gif

Aug 13, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #1,424 of 3,353
Benny Greb is a genius..

This is my favorite solo of his

http://youtu.be/0fQnG4AztEg
Quote:
If you guys want a good reference track for your modded Grados, I recommend this. You'll really feel why Grados are not lacking bass after this haha. Make sure to listen at a suitable volume :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back