SR60-Mod part II
Jul 25, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #781 of 3,353

Quote:
Yeah, Stratocaster is becoming the "master" with that drill press.  Nice work!!  Jaben only sells the reddish model because they attract the likes of Mr. McProgger. 
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

I almost posted that. No need to now
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #782 of 3,353
Did anyone who's received Cabillas cups receive their cups while it still said "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment."? Like, no tracking updates at all until maybe after delivery? I'm hoping it happens...otherwise my package may really be lost.

Kojaku

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #783 of 3,353

Quote:
wje, thanks for the helping hand - nice Visio work :)
As simple as this diagram must be, I got lost at the "summoning" process
blink.gif
- Now you know why I've never posted anything here with me handling... tools.
redface.gif

My perfect case scenario would be just buying a pre made cable (3 feet would be more than enough) and plug it in. No matter what I try on google nothing like your config comes up for sale!!!

Thank you.  I love Visio.  I do think when it comes down to the cable, it will have to be a custom one that gets built.  I don't imagine anyone having something like that stocked.

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #784 of 3,353

Quote:
Did anyone who's received Cabillas cups receive their cups while it still said "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment."? Like, no tracking updates at all until maybe after delivery? I'm hoping it happens...otherwise my package may really be lost.

Kojaku

im waiting for mine, how do i actually check for "origin post is preparing shipment"? never knew you could track the cups... how do you go about doing that?

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #785 of 3,353
Has anyone thought to cover the pieces that fit the headband to the cups with felt or something similar?  It would be a shame to chip the wood when removing or replacing the woodies because the cup holders aren't very flexible.

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #786 of 3,353

Quote:
Thank you.  I love Visio.  I do think when it comes down to the cable, it will have to be a custom one that gets built.  I don't imagine anyone having something like that stocked.

Yes, maybe I can only get such a cable config through custom order as I've given up finding it. I have no idea if I can get this thing done locally... guess this little project just got binned.

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #787 of 3,353
im waiting for mine, how do i actually check for "origin post is preparing shipment"? never knew you could track the cups... how do you go about doing that?

Oh, don't worry about me. I'm asking others who have gotten theirs already. My situation is unique. I've been waiting over almost a month for my cups. I think USPS lost them. That's why I'm asking.

Kojaku

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #788 of 3,353

Quote:

If you have the tracking number, go here: http://www.correos.es/comun/localizador/2010_c1-localizadore.asp

Once it's reached the US, you should start receiving updates through the USPS site by inputting the same tracking number, but they are really bad about providing their customers with tracking updates.  I didn't get anything until it had crossed the entire continental US and was in my town in CA, the same day I received the package.

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #789 of 3,353

Quote:

It takes me a few songs to get burnt into an individual pair of headphones. I can definitely get lost in the t50rps unmodded. they are a good pair of headphones when given a bit of juice. However, I still prefer my grados.. We shall see after I have the time to really devote to modding the t50rp. They definitely have a good sound to them. 

It takes me a few songs too. I've been listenig to the T50's exclusively since I got them and while I prefer the openess and energy of my Grado's these T50's do a lot of things right.

Quote:
very true ... tried the sr325i vs ms 2i ... loved the ms2i's sound and found the sr325i's too bright bordering on harsh, then compared the ms2 to the ms pro ... ms pro blew me away.... wood is the way to go !!!!!!!!! however i tested the ms pro to the sr225i's and found the ms pro to be so boring .... whyyy??? lol its going to be a tough choice when i decide to upgrade .... cabillas, as always, your work is crazy beautiful...simple yet mindblowingly sex

Quote:
This is the second time I've heard the SR225is compared favourably against the MS-Pro... the upgrade bug rears its ugly head. The MS-Pro is the best headphone I have heard so far, the soundstaging blew me away. I don't think $250 is ever going to be available to me any time soon though, (un)luckily. Shall be (not-so-blissfully) contented with my SR60

Quote:
im not saying that the sr225i is better than the mspro... the mspro is undouptedly better, you are right! soundstaging is better, sounds great, neutral, and the wood makes the sound soo much better than metal, just perfect in so many ways. but compared with the 225i's with its slightly brighter sound, harder bass and muchh more colored sound, and its awkward inaccuracy im sorry to say that i would choose the sr225i's for my music collection.. maybe even woody it =) .... and i am too (not so blissfully contented with my sr60i) hahaha that is the best way ive heard of discontented contentedness =)

I love my woodied 225 and while I thought the MS Pro was a great headphone, I tend to agree with you guys. The 225 is more fun.

So Jinn have you woodied your 60 yet?

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #790 of 3,353
At this point I think I'll order a whole 'nother set of cups from Cabillas and pay him extra for priority mail. This is getting ridiculous.

Kojaku

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #791 of 3,353

Quote:
At this point I think I'll order a whole 'nother set of cups from Cabillas and pay him extra for priority mail. This is getting ridiculous.

Kojaku

I don't believe you'll have the option of using Priority Mail.  It all depends on what Spain offers with their postal system.  With the 2 sets of cups that I've ordered, I never experienced an issue.  If you do get to ordering a set, keep in mind, I have a set with the metal mesh already professionally installed.  I could have these to you by the end of the week - and include the pre-drilled holes for a larger cable.

Then, just send your payment to Cabillas for regular shipping, but have them addressed to me.

Let me know if you'd like to go this route.  It will save you a whole bunch of time and I don't need the other set of cups until about 2 weeks from now.

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #792 of 3,353

Quote:
Oh, don't worry about me. I'm asking others who have gotten theirs already. My situation is unique. I've been waiting over almost a month for my cups. I think USPS lost them. That's why I'm asking.

Kojaku

wow... thats a long time , hope that wont happen to me, fingers crossed .. thanks for the info

Quote:
If you have the tracking number, go here: http://www.correos.es/comun/localizador/2010_c1-localizadore.asp

Once it's reached the US, you should start receiving updates through the USPS site by inputting the same tracking number, but they are really bad about providing their customers with tracking updates.  I didn't get anything until it had crossed the entire continental US and was in my town in CA, the same day I received the package.

ooo ok .. if i do not recieve my cups for weeks then i might ask for the tracking number,, but right now my cups are in usps's hands .... im going to pray to the god of cups not to ruin those precious babies of mine ..... lol

Quote:

It takes me a few songs too. I've been listenig to the T50's exclusively since I got them and while I prefer the openess and energy of my Grado's these T50's do a lot of things right.

Quote:

Quote:

I love my woodied 225 and while I thought the MS Pro was a great headphone, I tend to agree with you guys. The 225 is more fun.

So Jinn have you woodied your 60 yet?

nope still waiting for the cups, ordered a set from cabillas last week and just waiting ...=) cant wait!! how is the MS Pro compared to your woodied 225? and which is getting more usage this current moment =) ive always wondered if mods could actually beat the top of the line MS pros or rs1's ... no one seems to be giving a definite answer on whether they have managed to mod their headphone to beat grado's flagship models. i guess its hard to tell right?

Quote:

Kojaku

wont he refund you another set? god i hope it does'nt happen to me ...

Jul 25, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #793 of 3,353
You know what? Screw it. I don't care anymore. If I spend for another set of cups I might as well have just ordered from Marty, or bought a pair of sr125i's. Obviously I was never meant to mod my Grado's. I'll just suck it up and stay stock. MONEY WELL SPENT. If I get the cups, then sweet. If I don't, then whatever. Have fun guys, and thank you for helping me with the thoughts I once had of modding my cans. Bye.

Kojaku

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #794 of 3,353

Quote:
You know what? Screw it. I don't care anymore. If I spend for another set of cups I might as well have just ordered from Marty, or bought a pair of sr125i's. Obviously I was never meant to mod my Grado's. I'll just suck it up and stay stock. MONEY WELL SPENT. If I get the cups, then sweet. If I don't, then whatever. Have fun guys, and thank you for helping me with the thoughts I once had of modding my cans. Bye.

Kojaku

Oh my!

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #795 of 3,353
someone needs a snickers!

Just hang in there, haha, modding always has its setbacks, either waiting on parts or breaking stuff. both happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back