SR60-Mod part II
Jul 9, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #331 of 3,353

Quote:
In other news for those of you who are into the Cabillas cups scene.  Shipping on my last set was made on June 30th and they arrived here in the U.S. for delivery to my house on July 7th.  Now, that's pretty fast, if you ask me - considering it is International mail.

Just checked the tracking on my Cabillas cups, apparently they reached my school today but of course with the school being closed on Sat., there was no delivery, just a "notice left". I should check it out again this coming Monday. 

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #332 of 3,353

Quote:
My wife saw my amp for the first time a few days ago. I wanst hiding it she just didnt see it. She asked if I was ever going to stop. I said probably not.

Stop?  Stop what?  It's not like this is a game of Celebrity Rehab.  We don't have addictions - or, at least I don't think so.  Addictions to good things -  music and the devices that play it is very healthy.  So, there's no reason to stop.  Besides, rehab is for quitters. 
eek.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #333 of 3,353
I told her I could be addicted to crack. She said she thinks it would be cheaper.

Quote:
Stop?  Stop what?  It's not like this is a game of Celebrity Rehab.  We don't have addictions - or, at least I don't think so.  Addictions to good things -  music and the devices that play it is very healthy.  So, there's no reason to stop.  Besides, rehab is for quitters. 
eek.gif

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #334 of 3,353
Just checked the tracking on my Cabillas cups, apparently they reached my school today but of course with the school being closed on Sat., there was no delivery, just a "notice left". I should check it out again this coming Monday. 

Were you guys the other 2 in the June 30th shipment? My tracking just says the origin post is preparing to ship...is it much harder to ship to California 8(? I wish I had my cups already 8((((

Kojaku

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #335 of 3,353
Also, I'm in the market for a warm, controlled-bass sub $100 portable amp/DAC. I don't really care much for massive soundstage or neutrality, as I own Grados xD...so any suggestions?

Kojaku

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #336 of 3,353
Mom came home with a surprise today. Her company does Hollywood wardrobe. She noticed I was shopping around for lambskin on our desktop, so she asked about leather remnants and found out that there was medium brown leather left over from a recent Chronicles of Narnia film. She took it home and I chopped it up and made this in about 45 minutes :)

bf75ca4c.jpg

Not bad for a guy who's never done leather work xD

Kojaku

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #339 of 3,353
Some Eye Candy courtesy of Martin Custom Audio.  These are my new "test" toys that I'm using on a very limited basis to come up with some impressions of them.  Let me just briefly say that they sound at least as good as they look.  More details will follow later in a better write-up when I have time.  I will post the review in the thread started by KneelJung for the purpose of identifying modified headphones and the impressions based on those mods.  However, I will clarify, that these SR-325i headphones from Martin Custom Audio only feature liberated drivers from the SR-325i.  The drivers themselves haven't been touched other than for the liberation process.  No Dynamat, no holes opened in the back.  I'm not giving away any "trade secrets".  These points are made as part of the process that Marty uses to get you familiar with the fine product of his that you have purchased.  It's a very personal experience.  While there's a number involved - a serial number from this series that he's made / is making, you are treated as a special customer are certainly not treated like a number.

Meanwhile ...

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #340 of 3,353

Quote:
Were you guys the other 2 in the June 30th shipment? My tracking just says the origin post is preparing to ship...is it much harder to ship to California 8(? I wish I had my cups already 8((((

Kojaku

Yeah I was in the Jun 30th shipment. i would imagine though, being shipped from Spain, the package would enter from the east coast thus may take a couple of extra days to arrive in CA? just a guess...

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #341 of 3,353

Quote:
Yeah I was in the Jun 30th shipment. i would imagine though, being shipped from Spain, the package would enter from the east coast thus may take a couple of extra days to arrive in CA? just a guess...

I'm about as close to the Atlantic as you can get - about a 2 hour drive in hellish traffic to get there.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #342 of 3,353
Just finished cutting 2 sets of cups, not sure which I like best. they're for partially liberated drivers, and are out of oak, pics later of the progress, but after the pics of that Martin-Grado, I feel quite inadequate, that thing is a work of art!

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #344 of 3,353

Quote:
Some Eye Candy courtesy of Martin Custom Audio.  These are my new "test" toys that I'm using on a very limited basis to come up with some impressions of them.  Let me just briefly say that they sound at least as good as they look.  More details will follow later in a better write-up when I have time.  I will post the review in the thread started by KneelJung for the purpose of identifying modified headphones and the impressions based on those mods.  However, I will clarify, that these SR-325i headphones from Martin Custom Audio only feature liberated drivers from the SR-325i.  The drivers themselves haven't been touched other than for the liberation process.  No Dynamat, no holes opened in the back.  I'm not giving away any "trade secrets".  These points are made as part of the process that Marty uses to get you familiar with the fine product of his that you have purchased.  It's a very personal experience.  While there's a number involved - a serial number from this series that he's made / is making, you are treated as a special customer are certainly not treated like a number.

Meanwhile ...

Those gimbals and rods are highly improved over mine. I'm jealous too lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back