SR60-Mod part II
Jul 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #106 of 3,353
Just an update for everyone.
The headphones arrived today.
But I was a little confused because I had discussed mahogany cups with Bill.
But he sent them back to be with the regular SR-225 shells.
And when I first sent the headphones to Bill, they had these different wooden cups.
He also put dynamat on in them too.
So there wasn't really any modding done.

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #107 of 3,353

Quote:
And when I first sent the headphones to Bill, they had these different wooden cups.

i think there is a case of mistaken identity...

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #108 of 3,353

Quote:

I'm confused. The way I'm reading your post is you sent Bill 225's with wood cups and got back 225's with plastic shells or the same wood shells that were already on them. I also think you are saying he dyna matted your driver and that was it. I guess on one level you should be grateful you at least got your headphones back but I'm not really sure what your saying other than maybe the headphones you got back were not the headphones you sent
confused.gif

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #109 of 3,353
Radio dude... can you make an effort to be a bit more clear? Breathe... Breathe...

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #110 of 3,353
Here's my take:

• radio-dude sent his SR-225 headphones to Bill for modifications (e.g. new Mahogany cups, modify the drivers, etc.).
  • When sent, the current SR-225 headphones had some wooden cups on them already, though not from Bill.
  • Bill received the SR-225 headphones.
  • Bill modified the drivers on the SR-225 headphones with Dynamat and who knows what else (holes opened?).
  • Bill sent back the SR-225 headphones with the stock plastic cups installed and not even the wooden cups that were on them when radio-head  sent the phones to Bill.
  • Bill didn't install or include the mahogany cups that radio-head had asked for as part of the upgrade.
  • radio-head now has a pair of SR-225 headphones with plastic cups and modified drivers and he's leaving the country for a few months, soon.

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #111 of 3,353
haha yea sorry.
When I first met Bill, I bought some MS-1's and sent them to his house to be woodied.
But he messed up and busted the drivers. So he told me that he would give me his SR-225's that were already woodied. I accepted his offers and I was happy.
Then a few months passed and I wanted to upgrade it because Bill told me he had newer better shells.
So I was talking to Bill and we decided on Mahogany shells and Silver wire cables.
I sent them in March. Then the long wait of about 4 months of constant PM's and what not.
When Bill came back like two days ago, he shot me a PM saying:

"Ei, I've made the adjustments to your SR225, given it Dynamat and given you a new SR225 back.  It is headed to the post office even as we speak for overnight shipping to your apartment.  The Tracking Number I gave you before will not work (9505 5000 3250 1164 0001 36) because that's for priority mail (Monday delivery).  I got that number at the late-night machine, intending to send everything off a while back.  My son is heading to the post office now (the hub in our area) and will have the new tracking number....."

Before I sent my headphones to Bill, they looked like this.

Now that I got them back, they look like this:

But I am also to blame because I told Bill I just wanted my headphones back. Modded or not before I go back to Japan. But it also means that during the 4 months he hadn't touched my headphones at all.

However I am grateful that Bill sent me my headphones back.

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #117 of 3,353
Subbing

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #119 of 3,353

Quote:

But I am also to blame because I told Bill I just wanted my headphones back. Modded or not before I go back to Japan. But it also means that during the 4 months he hadn't touched my headphones at all.

However I am grateful that Bill sent me my headphones back.

Well it looks like he touched them enough to purloin the wooden cups that were on them, I wonder what his motives were for removing them?

Very odd  but at least he made good on returning your headphones even though there seems to be some sort of passive agressive motive involved in the removal of the wood cups.

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #120 of 3,353

Im sure he has another package in the mail with just the cups to put back on and the cable he originally asked for.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Well it looks like he touched them enough to purloin the wooden cups that were on them, I wonder what his motives were for removing them?

Very odd  but at least he made good on returning your headphones even though there seems to be some sort of passive agressive motive involved in the removal of the wood cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back