SR60-Mod part II
Jan 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #2,927 of 3,353

Quote:
Did you use a tin snips to perform the cutting?  Usually, a tin snips will make easy work out of cutting the screen for you.  How thick and what kind of mesh did you get?

Well now you tell me lol... I had really old and not sharp cutting....things (idk what they are) that my dad had laying around (he hides the good tools so my younger brothers don't lose anymore). Its kind of like chicken wire stuff. I found a picture from like two years ago on this thread or one of the others of the same stuff cost 12 bucks for a thousand times more than I need. The wrapping says 1/8th. The first picture is the final cutout with my 3rd gen ipod nano next to them and I'm thinking they would look good in black.
For my next question.. how do I clean out the plastic of the original from the corners so that i can get a clean fit with these?

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #2,928 of 3,353
Kneel- yep they apparently attach to the stock cups but he made some for me to try that were molded to the size of the Limba housings Bilavideo made for me.

Has anyone heard from him???? I haven't and we talked daily before.......its a shame that whole thing went spinning out of control.

I am doing pretty good, I decided to fight and fight and fight to try and keep the Neuropathy out of my hands the best I could and I have been pretty successful (Knock on Limba).
I did it by playing 2 hours of videogames a day for the past year.....tough duty...LOL...but its working, and I still suck at shooting enemieson my PS3!!!!!

So anyway the Carbon fiber stuff is a few days away from getting here and when they arrive it will be the first time I will have heard them. I think there is some Parabolic action going on with these so we'll have to see. These are brand new as far as I'm concerned and nobody else is doing this type of thing. They are attached to stock Grado's-which I need to get- so they are easy it looks like to play with....
Man it is good to be back and seeing a fine bunch of folks are still here....oops there goes that Black helicopter...better run...peace!!!!!

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #2,929 of 3,353
I couldn't find any black paint so sharpie will have to do till I can get some real paint on them. I ended up venting only two holes.

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #2,936 of 3,353
Plug them into your computer and use the volume control slider to adjust the left and right balance and you'll be just fine!

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #2,937 of 3,353

Quote:
how do i know which earphones right and left!?  dang 

Might be too late but my left has red and blue wires and the right has red and white. (mine are sr-80i)
In regards to the bass increasing, I'm not sure yet I've been busy and I leave tomorrow morning for my college so I'll check it out then. Either way I doubt it would change too much considering I have them hooked up to a digizoid Z02. 

Jan 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #2,938 of 3,353

Quote:
Might be too late but my left has red and blue wires and the right has red and white. (mine are sr-80i)
In regards to the bass increasing, I'm not sure yet I've been busy and I leave tomorrow morning for my college so I'll check it out then. Either way I doubt it would change too much considering I have them hooked up to a digizoid Z02. 

If it's just a matter that the wires were installed on the wrong side, you simply just take the cups out of the gimbals and switch sides.  No need to tear things apart and resolder them.  
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #2,940 of 3,353
Is there a list anywhere of places to buy recables?

What about woodies?

I'd love to find some cheap woodies, but thus far it seems like it would be much cheaper to make them myself, since I have the tools.

I'm completely stupid when it comes to recables, though.

EDIT: Ideally, semi-liberated woodies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back