SR60-Mod part II
Oct 23, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #2,536 of 3,353
I really like how the SR225 sounds. It's more refined than the SR60 (in all aspects), but about twice the price.
Magnums seem to be the better route to take now..

@Questhate I wonder what kind of amplifier older boxy TVs have. All my headphones sound a little fuzzier when plugged into my TV.

Oct 24, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #2,537 of 3,353

Quote:
Unfortunately, not.  BilaDildo has disappeared ... and so has the headphones of a few members as well as the cash that many other members provided to him for cups, but were never delivered.

Not exactly very nice to ridicule his username, even if he has perpetrated some villainy around here. And in reply to Bob's question, we are now stepping into the world of the Magnum.

Oct 24, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #2,538 of 3,353

Quote:

Moving slightly off-topic here...

Night, I've noticed that you do some Grado modding yourself. You have any Grado spare parts/cups/bowl pads lying around I can buy off of you? 

Looking for some older plastic Grado cups..

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #2,539 of 3,353

Quote:
Not exactly very nice to ridicule his username, even if he has perpetrated some villainy around here. And in reply to Bob's question, we are now stepping into the world of the Magnum. 

Yeah but it's a far cry from calling his father and threatening to call his employer, It's not exactly nice that he took people's stuff either. Bila deserves a literal kick in the nuts for the metaphorical one he gave to the comminity in this thread. IMO Biladido seems rather tame and pretty much an understatement.

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #2,540 of 3,353
Not sure if it's against the rules to mention such things, but I know a lot of folks hate the yellow of the stock HD414 pads, so I've put a bunch of pre-dyed and quarter-modded ones up on eBay in a few different colors.  I'll forgo posting any links, but they're easy enough to find.

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #2,541 of 3,353

Quote:

Everyone grieves over lost equipment differently. I don't blame anyone who has lost equipment and/or cash like that to a formerly "trusted" member. I too have lost like that and want to do worse to the member Bigrock2150.

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #2,543 of 3,353

Quote:
Does anyone here have the Autocad drawings of Cabillas' wooden cups? 

If you can bother going into the other thread and searching.. Goodluck though. You could try dropping him a message, he's usually quite responsive.

And @Kneel/Prabh: I think I might have phrased my post wrongly, I was trying to imply that the childishness of ridiculing his username really gets us nowhere, and using something semi-offensive on a non-NSFW forum might raise some issues I guess. :) But as someone who got cheated as well I understand the urge to do so alright.

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #2,544 of 3,353
I checked pages 145 to 171 twice, 130 to 145 once and 120 to 140 once.
Couldn't find anything. If anyone has the autocad drawings, send me a PM.
Need it for my ProE Wildfire practice.

Thanks.

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #2,545 of 3,353

Quote:
I checked pages 145 to 171 twice, 130 to 145 once and 120 to 140 once.
Couldn't find anything. If anyone has the autocad drawings, send me a PM.
Need it for my ProE Wildfire practice.

Thanks.

Cabillas has the autocad drawings, I'm sure he could send you a PM :p

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #2,547 of 3,353

Quote:
Everyone grieves over lost equipment differently. I don't blame anyone who has lost equipment and/or cash like that to a formerly "trusted" member. I too have lost like that and want to do worse to the member Bigrock2150.

Trust me, I feel very cheated on what BigRock2150 has done here in this situation.  I am mad because I made recommendations of Rahkim and his work to the forum here based on my positive experience.  Now, I feel some guilt because people were cheated by this individual.  I've also reached out to send him an e-mail personally, but it has gone unanswered.  I'm not sure why an individual would seek out to be such a thief, when so much opportunity is present in these forms for their work - as long as they remain ethical and credible.

Quote:
Unfortunately, changing and making fun of Bigrock2150's username will only turn it into a compliment for him.

You are correct on this.  I also realize that when I butchered Bilavideo's name in order to have some fun, I may have let my own professionalism down at that point.  However, also in this situation, may of the friends that I've gotten to know around here were taken advantage by Bill.  While my situation did get resolved as well as a small handful of others, there are many others out there who will never see a resolution to this issue from Bilavideo.

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #2,548 of 3,353

Quote:
Yeah I sent a PM but he hasn't been posting for quite some time. 

Cabillas is quite busy in his life - that's the reason for him stopping the sales of the cups.  On his blog site, he does have a smaller (more thumb-nail like) AutoCAD image of the cups.  Though, I don't believe it's big enough to decipher the actual values. 

I've gotten to be a great friend of Cabillas and in my next PM with him, I'll ask if the AutoCAD is available - or, if he prefers to keep it in his posession.

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #2,549 of 3,353
Lesson learned: Trust no one I suppose.

So, have we reached a stagnation point for Grado mods? Is there more innovation to be made?

I'd love too see someone design an easy to DIY headband/rod-blocks (aka no fancy tools needed, remember, we started these things with just power drills and hole saws.) I think that there's definitely improvement to be made in that area, other than the leather headbands being made (which are beautiful). I don't know that I have the skill to do it, and the earliest I could try would be over break. Maybe a simple oak block with the corners cut off,  and with L and R burned into them, and a brass screw holding the headband on. I have so many ideas, but I don't have the skill to execute them.

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #2,550 of 3,353
Hey guys,

Just an update on my cups from Cabillas for JinTeddy (and whoever else cares). 

My package was somehow sent back to Cabillas again because they said it could not be delivered for some odd reason. Wayne was nice enough to act as a middle man for my package, since Cabillas has successfully delivered a few packages to Wayne. This is the third time that Cabillas has attempted to send my package to me in the US. Although it has been frustrating for all parties involved, Cabillas has gone above and beyond the call of duty, in this case re-sending the packages without asking for additional postage (which I would have been happy to reimburse since it was not his fault). 

Big thanks to Wayne for stepping in to help as well. It's amazing the amount of friendly and generous people I've come across in my short time in this hobby so far. For every instance of Bilavideo or BigRock that I hear about, I've personally experienced so many more kind people who disperse good karma into the universe which help keep the balance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back