SR60-Mod part II
Sep 26, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #2,297 of 3,353

Quote:
Koolkat, Do you reside in the U.S.?  Thanks.  I do have access to a few hobby shops, but have found the locks from more industrial supply places.  I've found them as cheap as $.15 cents each to approximately $1.00 (US $) each.

I don't reside in the US 
frown.gif

Btw radio controlled car hobbyists use collar locks for sway bars and transmission linkages. If you know someone who's into RC cars just ask him for some :)

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #2,299 of 3,353
Sep 27, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #2,301 of 3,353
Sep 27, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #2,302 of 3,353
Whoever had Martin do up their headphones with detachable jacks, could you please tell me if it looks like he did it with a 2 piece cup? or was it a whole cup and just a hole drilled through?

Considering a design for the symphones magnums.. aesthetics more than anything =P

It'd have to have detachable jacks too though since I just love my amp.

On a side note, anyone noticed TechHeroMods got hacked?

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #2,305 of 3,353

Quote:
Has anyone been able to contact Rahkim..? I've tried over the past 2 weeks and haven't been able to.

Have you been using his e-mail address?

I sent you a PM with his e-mail address from one of my PayPal transactions with him. Please check it and see if it's the same as the one you've been trying.

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #2,307 of 3,353
I haven't heard back from Curawong, yet.  He was going to check if it would be OK.  in all seriousness, it wouldn't even be much of a group buy.  The quantities essentially are:

4 Pair of Iroko
2 Pair of Sapele

One individual sent me a PM with an interest in a pair of Sapeles.  The pares down the list a bit more.  Plus, my last PM from Cabillas was a bit earlier - he was going to give me an update in a day or so regarding shipping, etc.

I'd be interested. I just don't know which cup is which. d. I just don't know which cup is which.

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #2,308 of 3,353

Quote:
Whoever had Martin do up their headphones with detachable jacks, could you please tell me if it looks like he did it with a 2 piece cup? or was it a whole cup and just a hole drilled through?

Considering a design for the symphones magnums.. aesthetics more than anything =P

It'd have to have detachable jacks too though since I just love my amp.

On a side note, anyone noticed TechHeroMods got hacked?

I do not own the cups but from the pictures, its two pieces. A half cylindrical piece is glued to the cups with a hole, you can tell through the difference in the direction of grain in the photos. Plus its quite impossible to get the extra "hump" with the hole to place the female xlr jack inside using a lathe. 

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #2,309 of 3,353

Quote:
I'd be interested. I just don't know which cup is which. d. I just don't know which cup is which.

The Sapele is the darker of the two finishes.  The Iroko is the lighter version, but still has some tone in the color - it's not like a completely blonde color.  I'm awaiting to hear back from Cabillas to move forward.  However, I will state, from the expressed interest already, the darker (Sapele) cups are out of the picture.  Just some Iroko remain.

I should also state that my next build will be using some Iroko cups.  I might get them by this weekend (my single pair) that was ordered a few weeks back.  Hopefully I do, so I can post some good pictures of them.  According to Cabillas, his opinions on the sound were that the Iroko cups were capable of producing a slight amount of more bass than the Sapele.  However, already having the Sapele, I can admit there is no weakness in the bass they can provide.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #2,310 of 3,353
Wayne - are they just slip-on cups, or do they include the base to hold the drivers as well (full-woody)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back