Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture Audio - Ann Arbor, MI
Feb 21, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #151 of 259

Yes, I am in on that.. How much are they? Maybe a couple pair. I need some artisan to make some balanced cables for me.. I can do some cool things with wood, but making cool looking wires isn't one of them.

PM'ed

Yes, I am in on that.. How much are they? Maybe a couple pair. I need some artisan to make some balanced cables for me.. I can do some cool things with wood, but making cool looking wires isn't one of them.

$10.25 a pair plus shipping divided among the orders - about $12 total for shipping - planning to order 4 pair now, so add $3 a pair for shipping. 

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #152 of 259

zabzaf, like Mr. Belvedere of yore (remember him in Michigan?) can proudly say of his cable making, "We do good work!"  He made me a red-and-black balanced cable to connect my HD 800 to my HDVD 800 DAC/amp, and he even included a stub adapter so I can also run it single-ended without having to remove it from the headphones!

zabzaf cable

Mr. Belvedere -- "We Do Good Work!"

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #153 of 259
I'm easy to contact too. Just call:

TYLER 87100

In all seriousness, I'd be happy to build a cable for you...or anyone. After building two HD 800 cables, I think I can do anything!

PM me.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #154 of 259
I'm easy to contact too. Just call:

TYLER 87100

In all seriousness, I'd be happy to build a cable for you...or anyone. After building two HD 800 cables, I think I can do anything!

PM me.

You are the man! I cannot wait to hear your new setup. I plan on bringing my new Decware Taboo Mk III to compare as well..

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #157 of 259
I didn't notice a Pono on the equipment list. Does anyone have one that they can bring to the meet? I'd love to demo.

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #158 of 259
Decided to stain and finish the base of my Bottlehead Crack and it's back together in time for the meet! Making beautiful music right now. Flash makes it look more pastel purple than it really is.

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #159 of 259
  Decided to stain and finish the base of my Bottlehead Crack and it's back together in time for the meet! Making beautiful music right now. Flash makes it look more pastel purple than it really is.

Cannot wait to compare the infamous BHC to my Valhalla 2. Should be very interesting. Listening to Physical Graffiti at the moment... just fantastic but I think I could use some faster cans than my HD650's.

BTW - beautifully done on the stain and purple combo. Really sets it off properly.

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #160 of 259
@krikor  that looks really beautiful.  I can't wait to see it, much less hear it!

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #161 of 259
Hey guys - really getting excited for this!

I won't have the Mjolnir but will have a Violectric 281 as well as an EAD DSP 7000!  =)

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 26, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #163 of 259
I didn't notice a Pono on the equipment list. Does anyone have one that they can bring to the meet? I'd love to demo.

I'll bring a Pono. Bring a micro-SD card with music on it you like, or send me a couple of tracks you'd like to see on it, and I'll see what I can do.

Feb 26, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #164 of 259

I'll bring a Pono. Bring a micro-SD card with music on it you like, or send me a couple of tracks you'd like to see on it, and I'll see what I can do.

I'll go the micro-SD route so that it's just plug and play and you won't have to fuss around with copying tracks. Thanks!

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #165 of 259
Hey guys - really getting excited for this!

I won't have the Mjolnir but will have a Violectric 281 as well as an EAD DSP 7000!  =)

OK... I'll revise the list of equipment next time I get in there to edit it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back