Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture Audio - Ann Arbor, MI
Feb 16, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #136 of 259
RGISTRATION CLOSED; WAIT LIST STARTED.

We now have reached 32 registrants for our March 14, 2015 headphone meeting at Overture Audio, Ann Arbor, MI.

As mentioned above, at this point we need to limit attendance and be sure that registrants who find that they cannot come yield their places to those on the wait list.

So... either PM me or post here for either case:

1. You want to attend, are not enrolled (see third post on the first page of this thread, which shows who I wrote down as coming), and want to be placed on the wait list;
  2. You ARE enrolled, have since found you cannot attend, and are notifying of that so your place can be used by someone on the wait list.

Thanks, all!

John

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #137 of 259
I'm trying to get them, but there are quite a few factors. I'll let them know people are interested; if a number of people can comment here or PM me about there interest it may help sway them to make it happen.

I have a pair of 702s that I've modded extensively. I'd love to hear the 712s and 812s. Tell AKG we want em'!

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #139 of 259
Oh man, I was so looking forward to this, but it conflicts with another event I'm running on the same day.....I might be able to drop by in the middle and say hi, but if not, I can't wait for the next one, haha!

No!! We need as many of the Troy participants in A2 as we can get...oh well. We'll catch you next time.

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #140 of 259
No!! We need as many of the Troy participants in A2 as we can get...oh well. We'll catch you next time.

Yeah... zabzaf is looking out for the reputation of Troy and its surrounding areas when the Ann Arbor folks challenge Troy participants to mud wrestling in the Ann Arbor Mud Bowl at the near-by corner of Washtenaw and South University!! 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #141 of 259
Yeah... zabzaf is looking out for the reputation of Troy and its surrounding areas when the Ann Arbor folks challenge Troy participants to mud wrestling in the Ann Arbor Mud Bowl at the near-by corner of Washtenaw and South University!!  :evil:  

...and based on the interest level for A2, we're going to need all the help we can muster!

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #143 of 259
I would like to be on the waitlist.. but only if there's interest from the group in hearing a less common setup. I would be bringing my electrostat (stax) vinyl rig

What kind of response are you expecting from this? Of course we all want to hear that!

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #144 of 259
I would like to be on the waitlist.. but only if there's interest from the group in hearing a less common setup. I would be bringing my electrostat (stax) vinyl rig

Hi, xantus.  I will add you to the wait list.  I think it would be great to have a STAX rig there... keep the rest of us humble!  Which Stax is it?

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #146 of 259
the Stax always humbles me..

it's an SR-404 thru a SRM-1/Mk2
I'd be bringing a pro-ject TT and a '98 marantz CDP

@xantus
Looks like hikaritenchi has to bow out, so you can take his place and I will remove you from the wait list and add you to the registrant list.  I will update the list and add your equipment later... thanks!

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #147 of 259
Any of you need some Cardas HPSC Sennheiser HD-6XX family connectors for making your own cables? I'm placing an order and can get some extras to share shipping, then bring them to the meet. Just pm me if interested.

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #148 of 259
Oh, that post reminds me...

We are postponing the Do It Yourself workshop on cable making to the next Michigan Headphone Meet.  Space is really tight with our registrants, and one of the main participants has a scheduling constraint this time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #149 of 259
  Any of you need some Cardas HPSC Sennheiser HD-6XX family connectors for making your own cables? I'm placing an order and can get some extras to share shipping, then bring them to the meet. Just pm me if interested.

Yes, I am in on that.. How much are they? Maybe a couple pair. I need some artisan to make some balanced cables for me.. I can do some cool things with wood, but making cool looking wires isn't one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back