Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture Audio - Ann Arbor, MI
Feb 13, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #121 of 259
No promises, but AKG may be sending some loaner units with me. Hopefully i will know by next week. Looking forward to a great meet-up everyone!

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #123 of 259

I'd love to hear a pair of K812s if it's at all possible. I was a fan of the K712's.

I'm trying to get them, but there are quite a few factors. I'll let them know people are interested; if a number of people can comment here or PM me about there interest it may help sway them to make it happen.

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #126 of 259
Put me down! I've got wife clearance to attend until 1PM. Can't wait to catch up with those that were in Troy in September and meet those coming for the first time!

My Mjolnir will be hot and my LCD-3s will be bumping' (and my HD 800s will be as polite as usual).

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #127 of 259
  Put me down! I've got wife clearance to attend until 1PM. Can't wait to catch up with those that were in Troy in September and meet those coming for the first time!

My Mjolnir will be hot and my LCD-3s will be bumping' (and my HD 800s will be as polite as usual).

...and it is up to the rest of us to be sure that The Founding Father Of The SouthEast Michigan Series Of Headphone Meets (TFFOTSEMSOHM for short, that is, zabzaf!) GETS OUT THE DOOR IN TIME!  I have a feeling if he does not leave by 1:00, it will be the last we see of him... let's not let that happen!

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #128 of 259
...and it is up to the rest of us to be sure that The Founding Father Of The SouthEast Michigan Series Of Headphone Meets (TFFOTSEMSOHM for short, that is, zabzaf!) GETS OUT THE DOOR IN TIME!  I have a feeling if he does not leave by 1:00, it will be the last we see of him... let's not let that happen!

Haha. The normally stoic Mrs. zabzaf chuckled at this message...then followed with "You will be home by 2PM".

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #130 of 259

If you let him borrow that Abarth of yours, he can stay an extra 30 minutes!

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #131 of 259

If you let him borrow that Abarth of yours, he can stay an extra 30 minutes!

Good point!

And he can listen to my matching Sennheiser HD 800 headphones and HDVD DAC/amp while driving...

and enjoy his music played on Classic Vinyl, rather than new-fangled digital, as he speeds home...

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #132 of 259
I Was at Overture Audio on saturday getting some cables and heard about this meet. If we live in the area can we just stop in and check it out with out bringing any thing but our selves and some ears? I do have a set of Beyer T1 and dont see them on any bodys list I could bring those.

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #133 of 259
I Was at Overture Audio on saturday getting some cables and heard about this meet. If we live in the area can we just stop in and check it out with out bringing any thing but our selves and some ears? I do have a set of Beyer T1 and dont see them on any bodys list I could bring those.

Absolutely... you can bring stuff or just bring yourself.  As we fill up, it is table space more than anything that gets tight, so equipment-less participants are more easily accommodated.

That said, I have personal interest in hearing the Beyerdynamic T1.  I have recently purchased the portable closed version, the Beyerdynamic T 5 p, which is said to be a great audiophile portable closed headphone but not as good as the T1.  I also have the Beyer A 200 p match-book-sized DAC/amp for the T 5 p, which I could bring.

Thanks... I will add you and your T1 to the list... let me know if you CANNOT bring it, because I will also plan to bring my T 5 p that I didn't plan for just for folks to compare.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back