South Florida Meet
Oct 18, 2004 at 3:05 AM Post #166 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg

It's called "lick and stick." Get the idea?

You naughty !!!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #167 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
LOL Gene!!! But's believe me it's a truthful excuse. Right now timing is the critical factor for me.

Come on, we will help you study. I know Java. I love a good cup of java and make some of the best.

Oct 18, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #168 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
BTW, I'll also demo the procedure that the Etymotic people recommend for inserting these headphones into the ear canals. It's called "lick and stick." Get the idea?

Ok as long as you demo on your own ears, and not the tips that are going in my ears
icon10.gif

Gene that was one of the greatest posts I've ever read. Thanks for being firm with Raul over his desertion. Come to Tampa Raul, Guru and I will handle things from there.

Oct 18, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #169 of 222
Quote:

LOL Gene!!! But's believe me it's a truthful excuse. Right now timing is the critical factor for me.

RAUL - ditch the amp for now...study hard and come over here...you dont have to bring anything - even the incomplete amp will be fine - I would, and I am sure the others would as well, love to hear what you have to say about it and what you learned in the process of making it. I found your little discourse on the Toshiba mods very enlightening at the last meet.

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #170 of 222
Keep up the peer pressure on Raul. Sorry Raul, but it's a meet.

The menu for Saturday lunch will be a 4' sub and a bunch of chicken fingers or something like that. So bring an appetite. Thank my wife for it, if it were up to me we would all starve. If there are any special food or drink requirments, let me know in a pm.

In case there is any interest, I have a Marantz 1060 that has one channel out. The person that can get it working again gets a brand new in the box Sony ex71 headphone. I know, some of you are probably saying why bother for a pair of cheap headphones. Well, too bad, that's what I have. I'll tell you what, I will give you the choice of the headphones or 10 Chipotle Burrito Bucks (10 free Burritos). For the Florida contigent they are only in Gainesville and Orlando (3) at the moment.

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #171 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Keep up the peer pressure on Raul. Sorry Raul, but it's a meet.

The menu for Saturday lunch will be a 4' sub and a bunch of chicken fingers or something like that. So bring an appetite. Thank my wife for it, if it were up to me we would all starve. If there are any special food or drink requirments, let me know in a pm.

You promised to hook me up with a pretty thing who can hold her end of a conversation with a man of different culture and ethnicity without exhibiting severe signs of trauma as a result of suppressed xenophobic thoughts that are partly because of parentage and mostly because of the "unbiased" media presentations.

eggosmile.gif

As for drinks - Lemonade or Ice Tea is good
smily_headphones1.gif
Matthew and I will probably run down to the locak Thai restaurant and talk them (talk = bash) into giving us a few bottles of their stuff...unbelievable ice tea there!!
eek.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:18 AM Post #172 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
In case there is any interest, I have a Marantz 1060 that has one channel out

I should be able to sort that out fairly quickly if it is broken wires/transistors (i'll bring a few generic ones just in case). Just be nice and keep it opened and i'll look at it.

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #173 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
You promised to hook me up with a pretty thing who can hold her end of a conversation with a man of different culture and ethnicity without exhibiting severe signs of trauma as a result of suppressed xenophobic thoughts that are partly because of parentage and mostly because of the "unbiased" media presentations.

eggosmile.gif

As for drinks - Lemonade or Ice Tea is good
smily_headphones1.gif
Matthew and I will probably run down to the locak Thai restaurant and talk them (talk = bash) into giving us a few bottles of their stuff...unbelievable ice tea there!!
eek.gif

Actually, I said that if you want a pretty young thing you could go to the Spearmint Rhino or the new Scores. I love Thai Tea. I spent some time doing Muay Thai. Our Kru (head teacher) would put on a training camp down here once a year (I have the picture of me there to prove it) and we would go out to dinner at a Thai restaurant and lots of tea was served. It's not easy getting up a 6am, heading out to the beach to train all day, after a night of Thai tea.

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:41 AM Post #174 of 222
Mike..

Do we have a tentative list of gear as of now?? Can you post it here, or PM it to me?? I hope we can get the big amps for this meet too.. Last time, I was very stoopid, and spent very less time hearing to high-end amps..

Now that I need a good home amp, I hope we can get some big boys here..

If anyone is interested, Xin is sending me a production version of the SuperMono portable amp for audition at our meet.. I am talking to him about the details right now..

Oct 19, 2004 at 4:50 AM Post #175 of 222
Well, no ride, so I won't be able to make it.

However, in the future, I will be able to hold a meet of my own perhaps, in the UCF area (University of Central Florida) in Orlando.

Course, in the future I'll also have a driveable car, heh. Oh well
cool.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 4:59 AM Post #176 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffL
Well, no ride, so I won't be able to make it.

However, in the future, I will be able to hold a meet of my own perhaps, in the UCF area (University of Central Florida) in Orlando.

Course, in the future I'll also have a driveable car, heh. Oh well
cool.gif

If you can drive up to Tampa you can ride with us...no biggie and this is the biggest part of the journey isnt it? Have a friend drop you here. You can stay at my place overnight if necessary.

Oct 19, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #177 of 222
You guys are killing me!!! Needless to say I really want to go, but seriously won't be able to. About my Dynahi if you want to see its current stage where I stopped, just added couple more pics here. Just tracked UPS, Condor hasn't yet received my power supply, it'll be a while. But the unfinished amp is not the reasons really, it's truly the exam and work and deadlines. Anyway, all this "pressure" or yours is really very kind and much appreciated guys, I really wish I could go to this meet.

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:24 PM Post #178 of 222
Quote:

You guys are killing me!!! Needless to say I really want to go, but seriously won't be able to. About my Dynahi if you want to see its current stage where I stopped, just added couple more pics here. Just tracked UPS, Condor hasn't yet received my power supply, it'll be a while. But the unfinished amp is not the reasons really, it's truly the exam and work and deadlines. Anyway, all this "pressure" or yours is really very kind and much appreciated guys, I really wish I could go to this meet.

RAUL!!!

**** - Pack your bags and get your arse here right now! No excuses. Plenty of time to plan for this meet and we wont be having another one for at least 6 months so dont mess around!!!
eek.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #179 of 222
Doesn't look like I will be making it. Sorry guys.
frown.gif

My friend who I was counting on to help me drive was unable to get off work.
Maybe next time I'll feel more up to the task. Hope you guys have a great time!

Oct 19, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #180 of 222
Accomodations: I reserved rooms at this Amerisuites about 2.5 miles from tyrion's digs for Fri and Sat night. As of now, we have two suites - each with two queens (that's bed's, boys) in the bedroom plus a pullout couch in the sitting area. They have fridge and microwave and stove, too, so we should be set.

Ray gets to town 10:30 Fri night, and is staying with us. That leaves 4 sleeping places for others. Counting on guru and NightWoundsTime, so I guess that's two open cribs. Other rooms are available, and I am on first name basis with the hostess after making these arrangements, so we can easily get more rooms at a good rate if needed.

3 more days ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back