South Florida Meet
Oct 14, 2004 at 2:48 PM Post #137 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
LOL

What amp is it then? Care to describe it?

Have you received the polished 325's ??

YGPM. It's an RA-1 clone. I did get the polished 325's. I spent about an hour with them. My initial impression is that the mod does ease the top end as comabereni described.

Oct 14, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #138 of 222
Thanks for all of your concerns guys but I unfortunately cannot go. I was asking if there were any UFers because I was hoping to hitch a ride with them, but I guess that won't happen. Hopefully I'll be able to goto the next S. Florida meet when I'm back home in Miami or something. Thanks and Have Fun!

Oct 14, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #139 of 222
Actually I75 passes pretty close to Gainesville...maybe ph34rful or Raul will be taking that road and if you can talk to them and arrange a pickup point you could get a ride here and back.

There's always "Greyhound" service and it shouldnt take more than 4 hours to get to Tampa. From here theres a HUGE party going to Miami and you can get a ride with one of us.

Cheers!

Oct 14, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #140 of 222
Quote:

Actually I75 passes pretty close to Gainesville...maybe ph34rful or Raul will be taking that road and if you can talk to them and arrange a pickup point you could get a ride here and back.

There's always "Greyhound" service and it shouldnt take more than 4 hours to get to Tampa. From here theres a HUGE party going to Miami and you can get a ride with one of us.

Cheers!

Just make sure you don't go to Miami, otherwise you've gone to far. Whoever will need directions, send me a pm and I will give you my address so you can use a mapping service. I figure that will be easier than giving directions. If anyone would prefer me to provide them directions, let me know your address.

And where is everyone, I can only talk to guru for so long.
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2004 at 12:58 AM Post #141 of 222
I'm here alive and well. I just got off the phone with the G-man so I understand only being able to talk to him for so long
smily_headphones1.gif

nothing real pressing on my mind that's meet-related. Just gonna play it real cool and plan on sleeping wherever I can find the space
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #142 of 222
I thought you guys were going to share rooms like last time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
I'm here alive and well. I just got off the phone with the G-man so I understand only being able to talk to him for so long
smily_headphones1.gif

nothing real pressing on my mind that's meet-related. Just gonna play it real cool and plan on sleeping wherever I can find the space
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #143 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I thought you guys were going to share rooms like last time.

Right you are, Mike ... I will arrange a block of rooms at the Amerisuites near you.

Besides gsferrari and NightWoundsTime, anybody else coming over Fri and staying Sat? Ray S. will be joining us, too, but not yet clear if both nights or just Sat after the meet.

btw Mike, what is start time?

Oct 16, 2004 at 2:58 AM Post #144 of 222
Gene - Raul and maybe ph34rful will be there as well.

Did Wayne say he was definitely not coming? I am mean - thats totally understandable but just to confirm.

Any idea what mikeg's plans are? What about Bill Wilson (sewerguy) ? I havent spoken to Bill in a while - will call him tomorrow.

Cheers!

Oct 16, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #145 of 222
Ray asked about the start time. I figured around 11am but that is not written in stone. I've prepared my wife. I told her people may come over Friday night to set up. She was cool about it.

Oct 16, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #146 of 222
Quote:

Gene - Raul and maybe ph34rful will be there as well.

Did Wayne say he was definitely not coming? I am mean - thats totally understandable but just to confirm.

Any idea what mikeg's plans are? What about Bill Wilson (sewerguy) ? I havent spoken to Bill in a while - will call him tomorrow.

Cheers!

Holly and I expect to make it by about noon. The equipment that we'll bring includes my K1000/ASL AQ1005DT amp/Marantz SA8260 SACDP; RS-1/RA-1 setup; HD650 w/Mobius cable; Etymotic ER4P/S headphone w/foam plugs; Fixup's Super Mini amp; and Fixup's SRF-S83 FM/AM radio. What I need are driving directions for getting to the meet.

Oct 16, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #147 of 222
That's great mike. I am expecting an amp that is supposed to be able to drive the K1000's. It's a prototype from Eddie Current. I will pm you directions from Sarasota tomorrow.

Oct 16, 2004 at 5:50 PM Post #148 of 222
Hi guys,

Is anyone going to be driving through the Sanford/Oviedo/North Orlando/UCF area?

I would like to go to the meet if possible, but I don't have any way to get there.

I can bring DT770/80s, KSC50s, a loaded Pimeta by Zemo, Marantz 2230B, Denon DCM-50 5 CD changer, and some Radioshack Gold cables if I can get there
wink.gif
If I can, I could also bring my desktop /w EMU 404 and lots of Über music and an M-Audio Sonica.
icon10.gif

Oct 16, 2004 at 10:40 PM Post #150 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Right you are, Mike ... I will arrange a block of rooms at the Amerisuites near you.

Besides gsferrari and NightWoundsTime, anybody else coming over Fri and staying Sat? Ray S. will be joining us, too, but not yet clear if both nights or just Sat after the meet.

Thanks for doing that again Gene. I didn't take advantage last time because home and hotel were equidistant, but this time it will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not too sure about Ph34rful at this point. Need to find out the latest from him. He's been having some health problems so he's a bit reluctant to make the drive.

Edit: I've written PM's to the possible west coast carpoolers to get things figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back