South Florida Meet
Jul 31, 2004 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 222

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
I am planning on having a meet at my house on 10/09/04. I live in Davie, FL which is about 7 miles West of Fort Lauderdale. It will depend on whether my wife does the Chicago Marathon. She is leaning in that direction. Assuming there is any interest, I would like to limit attendance to 10 or 15 participants. I would first like to offer it to those who attended sewer guy's meet in June. I am assuming, among those guys there will be 10 or so that may attend. If not, I will have to go crawl in a hole and never come out. I should know if this is a definite go in the next few days. Post here with any interest.
Edit: There may be a date change. I should know in two weeks. If the date changes I may suggest a couple of alternatives to see if there is a consensus.

Jul 31, 2004 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 222
Hi Mike, this should be an easy one for me to attend (my house is in Hollywood, just a stone's throw away). In addition to the Jecklin Floats, I'll have a pair of cheesy cans to bring!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
cheesephones_lg.jpg

Jul 31, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 222
Hehe..

Another meet..
smily_headphones1.gif

Count me in..

Meets are fun.. meets are fun..

Jul 31, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 222
I figured you were a given being so close. Does anyone have any idea when guru is to return. I assume he is still out of the country since he hasn't posted lately.

Aug 1, 2004 at 6:47 AM Post #8 of 222
There may be a date change. I will know in about two weeks. If I change the date I will probably suggest a couple of date and see if we can get a date that most people will be available.

Aug 1, 2004 at 1:07 PM Post #9 of 222
Yay more meets
smily_headphones1.gif

Guru will be back before school starts again at USF the end of August. I can pretty much promise that he and I will be there. Any date is good for me, excepting maybe the very end of the month (got a few family birthdays right around the 29th/30th).

Aug 1, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #11 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
It would be great if you can make it. I will have plenty of Davis, Coltrane and the Dead, if you do.

Thanks, Mike. By then I hope to know a bit more about Jazz.

Aug 2, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #13 of 222
You KNOW I'll be there!
j/k You know I'd love to.
You guys have fun and I envy you more than you can imagine. There was so much I didn't get to do last time.
Oh well...
frown.gif

Aug 2, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #14 of 222
It's a bit too far for me, not sure I'll be able to make it. I've wanted to go to Miami anyway for some time now, and haven't had a chance to. Maybe this could be it. Will let you all know later on.

Aug 2, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #15 of 222
I would be interested in attending though I have nothing in terms of equipment to contribute. I have been lurking in here for a few weeks and have been learning a lot but haven't been able to HEAR anything. I would be happy to contribute food, drink, or $$. Let me know if you have space. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back