Originally Posted by gsferrari
The punishment for talking loudly at this meet is

Your gear of my choice becomes my gear of my choice
very_evil_smiley.gif

Makes sense?

Good...nice to be understood loud and clear
cool.gif

eggosmile.gif

Guru, you might as well just pick something of mine out now so we can get this out of the way. I know, how about a technics tt, it's yours for one free pass.

Oct 17, 2004 at 2:18 PM Post #153 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Guru, you might as well just pick something of mine out now so we can get this out of the way. I know, how about a technics tt, it's yours for one free pass.

OK that takes care of you
smily_headphones1.gif

Ray will have to hang on tightly to his Emmeline XP7 or HR2 coz im gonna be keeping my Radioshack dB meter pointed at him
tongue.gif

Gene doesnt talk much anyway so that shoots down my ambitions of making a home run with his R-10
frown.gif

mikeg will be lending me the Radioshack dB meter so I cannot complain about him. I will keep an eye on his RS-1+RA-1 combo though
very_evil_smiley.gif
And his K1000 + ASL combo
very_evil_smiley.gif
LOL

NightWoundsTime is another silent type...nothing to be gained from these silent types
mad.gif
where are the noisy blokes when you need em...

Raul (if he makes it) could well be in danger of parting with his modded Sony/Tosh...
k1000smile.gif

Tyrion - the turntable + hang on to your audio gear in general - make one loud noise and you'll find your house becoming roomier than ever before
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOLLERS
600smile.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 2:33 PM Post #155 of 222
Do we have a list of confirmed attendees? Its thinner since I last checked isnt it?

Gene, Mike G, Matthew, Ray Samuels, Tyrion (Mike), gsferrari (Guru), Bill Wilson (sewerguy)...thats it for the "confirmed" attendees.

Raul, ph34rful, JeffL, others - yet to completely confirm.

JeffL has some nice gear..DT-770-80 is something I have always wanted to check out with superior amps...last time I had one it was with the MG Head and I wasnt impressed at all...

Cheers!

Oct 17, 2004 at 2:40 PM Post #156 of 222
Quote:

Do we have a list of confirmed attendees? Its thinner since I last checked isnt it?

Gene, Mike G, Matthew, Ray Samuels, Tyrion (Mike), gsferrari (Guru), Bill Wilson (sewerguy)...thats it for the "confirmed" attendees.

JeffL has some nice gear..DT-770-80 is something I have always wanted to check out with superior amps...last time I had one it was with the MG Head and I wasnt impressed at all...

Cheers!

I thought Raul was confirmed. I believe Raaj is a definite, although I haven't heard from him lately. mmitchell and steveio are confirmed. I believe flecom is going to make it but have not heard from him lately. Any chance JeffL can make to you guys to catch a ride?

[size=medium]PLEASE READ[/size]

I need a final count of those that are going to be attending. Anyone listed as not a definite, if you could let me know, it would be appreciated. My wife is bugging me about ordering food and it would be great if I had as close to a definite number as possible by Tuesday. Hopefully, you will all make it.

Oct 17, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #157 of 222
Well I was confirmed, but no unfortunately I won't be attending this meet for a couple of reasons. For one thing, my Dynahi amp won't be ready. But more importantly, these weekends I'm busy preparing for the Java Certification exam, planning to take it in early November.

Oct 17, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #158 of 222
My wife, Holly, is coming with me, and we'll make a contribution toward food. Mike, we really appreciate your wife, and you, making your home available for this meet. BTW, please remember that I need driving directions from where Rt. 75 emerges from Allegator Alley.

Oct 17, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #159 of 222
i should be able to make it
smily_headphones1.gif

dont have much to contribute, my Peter Millet (no case yet of course
rolleyes.gif
)

and my un-buffered PIMETA that i finally got to run perfectly in class A.... which should hopefully have a case by the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #160 of 222
it's all good flecom.. come and enjoy it no matter what you can contribute.

Too bad Raul, I'd looked forward to hooking up with you and carpooling. Looks like it may just be me and Guru going down at this point. Should be fun anyway.

Oct 18, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #161 of 222
Mikeg, I will get you directions tomorrow. I am little beat now since I spent all afternoon in the sun at a Kerry rally. I was in the front row. If I was any closer the Secret Service guys would have had to take me down. I got to shake Kerry's hand. The whole thing was a wonderful experience. No need to contribute anything towards the food. My wife and I are happy to do it.

Raul, I certainly understand if you can't make it. Hopefully, you will but your test is more important.

flecom, you don't have to worry about contributing anything. Just show up. You will see that you will spend more time talking to people than listening anyway.

Oct 18, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #162 of 222
Quote:

Cheers!

Right now, I am in San Jose on a 2-week project, and I am expecting to be back in time for the meet next week, if all goes well here.. but things look to be slipping on the schedule due to my client's attrocious planning.. I really hope I can make it back in time for the meet.. Let's see how it goes.

Regarding the gear.. I will bring everything active listed in my sig - Integra DPS 8.3 Universal Disc player, Headphile Black Silver RCA ICs, SR-71, Alessandro MS-Pro, Senn HD650 w/ Zu Mobius, Rio Karma, and a bunch of SACDs and DVD-As.. I can also bring a couple of Miles Davis CDs for the Jazz freaks, and some Indian and Western Classical music CDs if anyone prefers to give a listen.

Oct 18, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #163 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Well I was confirmed, but no unfortunately I won't be attending this meet for a couple of reasons. For one thing, my Dynahi amp won't be ready. But more importantly, these weekends I'm busy preparing for the Java Certification exam, planning to take it in early November.

Ooh - I have a Java exam - I can' t make it.

What is this? I thought you were a macho man? No worries about the exam - tyrion is an attorney - he will figure some excuse for you. And if that doesn't work, Guru and I will smack the java sense into you during the silent passages at the meet.

What are you thinking, boy? Miss a Head-Fi meet? You are a founding member of the Florida Head-Fi contingent, and it wouldn't be a meet without you. So bring that unfinished DynaHi down for all of us to see, and pull an all nighter for the Java exam after you get home.

After all, a year from now, what will be more important - the Head-Fi meet memories or the Java Cert? ... I thought so ... 'nuff said.

Oct 18, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #164 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Ooh - I have a Java exam - I can' t make it.

LOL Gene!!! But's believe me it's a truthful excuse. Right now timing is the critical factor for me.

Oct 18, 2004 at 2:52 AM Post #165 of 222
Among the toys that I'm bringing is an Etymotic ER4P/S headphone. I ordered a bunch of extra tips for it, which I hope will arrive before the weekend. This way I should have enough tips so that anyone who wants to try my portable setup can stick fresh tips into their ears. BTW, I'll also demo the procedure that the Etymotic people recommend for inserting these headphones into the ear canals. It's called "lick and stick." Get the idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back