South Florida Meet
Oct 21, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #196 of 222
Me needs a good home amp.. and this had to happen to Singlepower.. WAAAHH
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #200 of 222
Are those 2A3 meshplates in the Moth amp? That looks mighty tasty.

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #201 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
Are those 2A3 meshplates in the Moth amp? That looks mighty tasty.

They are Sovtek 2A3's. Not sure if they are meshplates or not.

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #202 of 222
I see one unpopulated tube socket in the Moth amp
confused.gif

Hang on - is it a headphone amp? Does it have a headphone jack? Have you tried it with the Alessandro MS2 or is it high impedance only?
confused.gif

We may have a Gilmore Lite (new version) and Gilmore V2-SE at the meet - but this cannot be confirmed by me - Mike (tyrion) - if you receive a package from Headamp - call me and let me know - that will be the gilmore amplifiers. If you DONT receive anything by the time we get there on Friday - dont worry about it...it means we wont have these amps for the meet
frown.gif

LOL

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:51 AM Post #203 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I see one unpopulated tube socket in the Moth amp
confused.gif

Hang on - is it a headphone amp? Does it have a headphone jack? Have you tried it with the Alessandro MS2 or is it high impedance only?
confused.gif

The empty socket is not used. Remember, this is a prototype so the amp was placed into a Moth s45 case. It has a headphone jack and I have been listening with the MS2's. It will drive speakers and K1000. Craig said it could drive my Magnepan's if it were set up at 4 ohms. At the moment it is at 16 ohms so it will drive the K1000 with authority. He said it could be changed to 4 ohms, which I would have preferred but it would require soldering and he is aware of my lack of ability in that area. Otherwise, he would have included instructions on how to do it.

Oct 21, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #204 of 222
Whos getting excited? gsferrai certainly is...

Packing is taking longer than I expected..all these darned wires
rolleyes.gif

LOL

Buffing up at the gym to hide my newly acquired flab
tongue.gif

Need to go to walmart to get the ear cleaning fluid. Need to fish out those gloves
very_evil_smiley.gif

See you all tomorrow!!!
eggosmile.gif

Oct 22, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #205 of 222
Just about 15 hours to departure time for the Tampa party
cool.gif

I have made some changes to my list of "gear"

I will NOT be bringing the Rudistor/Woo Audio since these have been sold and are waiting to be shipped to their new owners. I will be bringing all my headphones and my source.

If someone wants an introduction to 5.1 DVD-Audio through speakers then I can bring my Klipsch speakers and 5.1 soundcard - but I will have to know NOW
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #206 of 222
Oh well, I was hoping to hear the Woo. I started to clear off counter and table tops. I set up one table and will probably borrow anohter 6' table in case we need it. The sub and wings have been ordered.

On a side note, the dogs will be out of the way. I was going to send them to the doggie hotel but my one dog is not doing so well at the moment. He has Addison's Disease and has a crisis every so often, so I didn't want to send him away, even though it's a pretty cool place.

I am going to vacuum the house tomorrow afternoon and again on Saturday morning to eliminate the dog hair. Whoever is arriving tomorrow, call me when you get in town.

Oct 22, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #207 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Whoever is arriving tomorrow, call me when you get in town.

We'll call when we hit the big city, Mike. I'm pm'ing guru and NightWoundsTime to coordinate a convoy accross the alley. Expect it will be 5:30 - 6:30 or so when we get there. Will check in 1st, then, if ok, come by and unload some gear.

Oct 22, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #208 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
We'll call when we hit the big city, Mike. I'm pm'ing guru and NightWoundsTime to coordinate a convoy accross the alley. Expect it will be 5:30 - 6:30 or so when we get there. Will check in 1st, then, if ok, come by and unload some gear.

Sounds good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back