South Florida Meet
Oct 19, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #181 of 222
Let me know when you all are arriving on Friday. I will be home after work so you can call me. I assume you will head to the hotel first then drop buy to set up. If there are other plans let me know. If we are going to do some set up on Friday night I would like to get it finished around 10pm, if possible. Keep me posted.

Oct 19, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #182 of 222
Holy crap!! This thing is coming at us like a locomotive without brakes!! ITS ALREADY HERE
600smile.gif

Some bad news :-

* I will be at the meet
tongue.gif

* The Rudistor RP5 will be making its final appearance in the FL circles so spend some time with it because it will be gone on the 25th to its new home
* The Perreaux is now with voodoochile for mods
* The Woo-Audio 1 has been sold and it is on its way to the new owner
* The Gilmore V2 is unlikely to reach us before the meet so I have asked to have it shipped to my place directly. You guys will have to wait until I send it around before you can hear it
frown.gif

So the list of stuff I will be bringing :-

* Rudistor RP5 Reference
* Dynahi Parts
* Sennheiser HD-650
* Alessandro MS2
* Grado SR-60
* Koss PortaPro 2
* Shure E2c with plenty of foamies
* Rio Karma 20GB
* Sony DVP-NS500V
* Interconnects and Power Cables
* Radioshack Switchbox
* DIY tools (Soldering station / Multimeter / wires / electronic spares etc.)
* Portable amplifier
* Pads for grado/alessandro headphones
* Laptop + Soundcard
* Digital Camera for the proooon
eggosmile.gif

LOL

Oct 19, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #183 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Holy crap!! This thing is coming at us like a locomotive without brakes!! ITS ALREADY HERE
600smile.gif

Yeah, that's 'cuz you been layin' back and doing nothing this time
eek.gif

Now you see why everyone love Head-Fi meets.

tyrion - any live music venues in the area (I'm thinking Ft Lauderdale here - don't want to trek to Miami, So Beach, or Coconut Grove)? Could be fun Fri after Ray hits town, or Sat after the meet. Apologies to those counting on the Spearmint whatever ...

Oct 19, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #184 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Apologies to those counting on the Spearmint whatever ...

mad.gif

LOL
600smile.gif
Yes it is relazing to be away from all the organizational headaches this time. God...last time was a RUSH! and I really enjoyed doing what I could do to help Bill with his planning. But I dont think I could have done the same time time...

Somehow I have a feeling that this will be a smaller, cozier, quieter meet...

as long as we can keep Ray at the airport
biggrin.gif
k1000smile.gif
LOLLERS!!!

Cant wait to meet the man behind the Emmeline HR2 and Stealth.

Gene - I got dibs on your R10 and Maestro, Omega2 and 007t.
tyrion - I got dibs on the modded SR-325's and the new Eddy Current prototype.

Cant wait to get started!!

Oct 20, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #185 of 222
i should be able to make it
smily_headphones1.gif

dont have much but i will be bringing...

my millet amp (no case atm but meh, it works
wink.gif
)

my unbuffered pimeta, it has a pair of OPA637's that i finally got stable w/o buffers so now i want to push it even more and try out some LM7171's
eggosmile.gif

those should be coming from digi-key on thursday/friday so lets hope
smily_headphones1.gif

my DT990 PRO's (meh)

modded sonica (output caps, runs off AA's)? lappy? dunno what else?

gonna bring my little digi cam
smily_headphones1.gif

frontview.jpg

biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 1:27 AM Post #186 of 222
Whats the plan for the Tampa Sarasota crew?

Matthew and I will be leaving Friday afternoon-ish

Gene - what are your plans? Do you want to go tandem?

What about mikeg? He knows about the hotel accomodations right? Will he be with us on Friday evening? Much less stressful to drive in the previous evening, relax, have a drink and some dinner, setup, talk and then get into the meet mood the next day...worked like a charm at the last meet in Orlando.

Anybody hear from Bill Wilson? He is on the way as well - my knowledge of FL is a bit shaky
rolleyes.gif

LOL

Oct 20, 2004 at 1:49 AM Post #187 of 222
We'll be driving in from Sarasota in the morning, and we'll drive back in the evening.

Quote:

What about mikeg? He knows about the hotel accomodations right? Will he be with us on Friday evening? Much less stressful to drive in the previous evening, relax, have a drink and some dinner, setup, talk and then get into the meet mood the next day...worked like a charm at the last meet in Orlando.

Anybody hear from Bill Wilson? He is on the way as well - my knowledge of FL is a bit shaky
rolleyes.gif

LOL

Oct 20, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #188 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Yeah, that's 'cuz you been layin' back and doing nothing this time
eek.gif

Now you see why everyone love Head-Fi meets.

tyrion - any live music venues in the area (I'm thinking Ft Lauderdale here - don't want to trek to Miami, So Beach, or Coconut Grove)? Could be fun Fri after Ray hits town, or Sat after the meet. Apologies to those counting on the Spearmint whatever ...

Steel Pulse is playing Friday night at the Culture Room. It's about 20 to 30 minutes away. Shows don't start until 10:30 or so. I will check around and let you know.

Oct 20, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #189 of 222
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

LOL

Bill told me he was coming a couple of weeks ago, I think. I deleted the pm. I have not heard from him since then.

Oct 20, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #190 of 222
Three packages arrived today. Two I was able to carry without fear of throwing my back out. They were my MPX3 and the return of my SR-325's from Grado. The other box was made of wood with a drawing of a moth burned in on the side and top. It contained the prototype HD40 amp. This thing is big and can drive speakers/K1000. I have to say it isn't pretty, it's in an older Moth s45 case. I will post some initial impressions after I fire it up tonight.

Oct 20, 2004 at 8:41 PM Post #191 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Three packages arrived today. Two I was able to carry without fear of throwing my back out. They were my MPX3 and the return of my SR-325's from Grado. The other box was made of wood with a drawing of a moth burned in on the side and top. It contained the prototype HD40 amp. This thing is big and can drive speakers/K1000. I have to say it isn't pretty, it's in an older Moth s45 case. I will post some initial impressions after I fire it up tonight.

It'll be interesting to compare the HD40 to my ASL AQ-1005DT for driving the K1000.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #193 of 222
The amps are home and powered up. I may not sleep tonight. I will post pics as soon as my daughter gets home and tells me where I will find the camera cable. I think you guys are going to like this Moth/Eddie Current amp. And to be fair, I think you guys will like the MPX3, but many of you have heard it before.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #194 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
i should be able to make it
smily_headphones1.gif

dont have much but i will be bringing...

my millet amp (no case atm but meh, it works
wink.gif
)

my unbuffered pimeta, it has a pair of OPA637's that i finally got stable w/o buffers so now i want to push it even more and try out some LM7171's
eggosmile.gif

those should be coming from digi-key on thursday/friday so lets hope
smily_headphones1.gif

my DT990 PRO's (meh)

modded sonica (output caps, runs off AA's)? lappy? dunno what else?

gonna bring my little digi cam
smily_headphones1.gif

frontview.jpg

biggrin.gif

Just bring that camera and take a lot of pics to post on Sunday. I assume the directions I sent you made sense. I did send you directions, didn't I? There will be a lot of cool stuff to checkout.

Oct 20, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #195 of 222
Man...running out of time here...

Just put all the DIY tools and parts together in a toolbox...this should setup the "Fixit Corner" for the meet
wink.gif

As for gear...whatever is left of it will make the meet. I'll bring some funky music and CD's to make copies
tongue.gif
EVIL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back