SoundMAGIC PL30 impressions
Oct 1, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #166 of 327
I had the RE2 and returned them. They have great tonality but notes just drop dead as soon as they are produced. They seemed lifeless sounding to me and fatigued me to listen to them. The PL30 are quite enjoyable to listen to and they approach high end phones for sound quality.

Oct 1, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #168 of 327
ckhirnigs113: Rather than paper why not tale a pad from a portable can and cut a small piece of it and stuff that into the hole. If you send them back it will be 2 weeks to get there and 2 weeks to get back plus the fix. I am sure you can find something to plug the holes that will work. Also can can ask for a cross send.

Oct 1, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #169 of 327
Use blue tack?

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #171 of 327
hey guys,
I'm planning to get meself a pair of these - primarily for jogging. With all the FATE mods going around, do you think it would be much more robust if we doused the knobs with superglue or something. So that it would stay put?

Yes, I understand about not being able to choose bass modes - but lets face it, I have lived so long with it, I can go on without it. Just check once or twice for one's most suitable mode and seal it all up.

What do you think?

Oct 1, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #172 of 327
The thing abt superglue is that it is non reversible. The bass knob if I am guessing right operates on the concept of increasing/decreasing air flow. The superglue may just screw up certain parts where air was meant to flow out. If u were to glue up all the vents then what would probably happen is you lose every bit of bass.

Oct 1, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #173 of 327
i'm still waiting on mine but while i am waiting i was wondering what people thought of the tips that came with them or if anyone has found tips that work better than the ones that came packaged with them.

Oct 1, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #174 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradesm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing abt superglue is that it is non reversible. The bass knob if I am guessing right operates on the concept of increasing/decreasing air flow. The superglue may just screw up certain parts where air was meant to flow out. If u were to glue up all the vents then what would probably happen is you lose every bit of bass.

This is exactly what I think. When my knobs came off, the sound got bigger, but much more bloated and muddy. The highs and mids were overpowered by the huge messy bass. I think the knobs should be left alone once you decide which setting you like. Simply filling the holes with something does not bring back the original sound.

I am really hoping I can get some type of "cross send" thing so I don't have to wait a month for a replacement. The sad thing is I only got to listen to them for a day before the knobs came off. When you guys start getting yours, be careful with the knobs!

Oct 1, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #175 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is exactly what I think. When my knobs came off, the sound got bigger, but much more bloated and muddy. The highs and mids were overpowered by the huge messy bass. I think the knobs should be left alone once you decide which setting you like. Simply filling the holes with something does not bring back the original sound.

I am really hoping I can get some type of "cross send" thing so I don't have to wait a month for a replacement. The sad thing is I only got to listen to them for a day before the knobs came off. When you guys start getting yours, be careful with the knobs!

can you tell how the knobs where attached? where they glued? maybe there is a way of getting the knobs to go back on?

Oct 1, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #176 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good to know eh.

Quote:

It's $20, just buy another one!

Oct 1, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #177 of 327
I plan on buying another one to give as a gift, but not until I find out about a replacement. Who knows how long they will stock these phones for this price.

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #178 of 327
I have an ear infection and my right ear hurts. I am taking ear drops antibiatic. I have a moded pl-30 and a newer one on the way but my doc told me to stop useing iem. I might just have to give the two pl-30 plus the jvc fx66 away. I am useing my Koss Portapro and Quation rp-15mc for now. This really sucks.
frown.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #179 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an ear infection and my right ear hurts. I am taking ear drops antibiatic. I have a moded pl-30 and a newer one on the way but my doc told me to stop useing iem. I might just have to give the two pl-30 plus the jvc fx66 away. I am useing my Koss Portapro and Quation rp-15mc for now. This really sucks.
frown.gif

You can give some to me!
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back