SoundMAGIC PL30 impressions
Oct 2, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #181 of 327
lew: I dont think so. I like the portapro for portable use and the rp-15mc sounds almost as good as the big brother wich I have owned but like the 15 better because of its smaller size. If only the 15 had a shorter wire I could use it as portable. The ear cups fold up. I refuse to even look at full size cans. LOL.

Do you know of anybody who could make me a short cable 1-1/12m that is not to exspensive?

Oh yeh and that new G2 looks nice.

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #184 of 327
He's quite good at what he does. I just sent him some of home rig cables from earlier days for him to modify into Line Outs and mini - minis. One set is Kimber Kable and another set is AudioQuest and such.

Oct 2, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #186 of 327
They are actually very small. They do not protrude at all from the ears when worn. They are very similar to the UM2's I had. Size should not be a concern.

Oct 2, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #187 of 327
They aren't too big:

Gear086.jpg

Oct 2, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #189 of 327
From all the reviews it looks like they are well worth the $20. Thing is if these guys are really based in HK, then there may be a delay as china and hong kong are celebrating their national day with a HUGE 1 week public holiday. i.e. postal service may not be working this week. Lucky guys... can't even begin to imagine a 1 week holiday..

Oct 2, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #190 of 327
anyone figured out how to put humpty-dumpty together again. I'm overly concerned that during running, I could have a knob (or two) drop off.

All ye who have had the FATE mod, any ideas about repairing?

Oct 2, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #191 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradesm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From all the reviews it looks like they are well worth the $20. Thing is if these guys are really based in HK, then there may be a delay as china and hong kong are celebrating their national day with a HUGE 1 week public holiday. i.e. postal service may not be working this week. Lucky guys... can't even begin to imagine a 1 week holiday..

Nah, its Hong Kong. People still work even though its public holiday.

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #192 of 327
A little over a week ago I was trying most of the tips that came with my pl-30. At the end I liked and had the bi-flange tips in. The ones that came with the pl-30. When I took the left one out the tip was sitting in my ear off the pl-30. Then I took out the right one and there was no tip on it or in my ear. I guess it droped on the floor but I could not find it. Then in a few hours my right ear started to hurt. I must have irratated my ear canel I thought. A week later after much pain in my right ear I called my doctor and had him send a scrip in to my drug store for antibiocts. I thought and did have an ear infection. This morning I tried to sleep but the pain wouldnt let me do so and the pain was worst so I went to the emerggency ward of a hospital at 5/30 am. When I moved my mouth pain down my face and my right eye was all red or half of it was. Something was wrong big time. The doctor looked into my right ear and there it was. The black bi-flange was in my ear canel fairly deep and my ear was very infected. WOW take it out please I said but this is great. Now I know what the problem is after a week of pain. He got a thing and put it into my ear canal and took out the bi-flange. The pain almost stop right there and then. I am now taking antibiotic pills and ear drops for 7 days and the pain is almost gone now. Great I can use my pl-30 in about a week I hope. Well what do you members think of this. LOL

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #194 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone figured out how to put humpty-dumpty together again. I'm overly concerned that during running, I could have a knob (or two) drop off.

All ye who have had the FATE mod, any ideas about repairing?

what's underneath the plasitc housing?

Oct 2, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #195 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd051 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's underneath the plasitc housing?

no clue... i'm having jitters before I buy them - and after reading the earcanal malfunction (above)... hmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back