SoundMAGIC PL30 impressions
Oct 4, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #211 of 327
I am back to useing my pl-30. Its been about 10 days of useing my portapro and 15mc headphones. I first put in my jvc fx66 with the skullcandy large tips and it sounded real good. Then I put in the great pl-30 with the head direct bi-flange tips. Wow so very clear and just great sound. I still havent put the tips in as far as I would like but will after a week of antibiotics. Boy did I miss the sound of the pl-30. I have another pair of pl-30 on the way and will a/b them with the nobs on against the other ones without the nobs. Also my fiios amp will be here very soon. I am really haveing lots of fun with all this stuff and you guys and girls here at head-fi.
I just got this e-mail
Dear LOUIS,

Apologize for our delay reply due to our National Holidays!

We have checked that your order had already been shipped on 9/30/2008 8:14:09 AM. So there is no neccesary to change it to the white one now.Please kindly wait for more few days.
this is the amp.

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #213 of 327
Don't you realize that receiving both good things at the same time will nullify the good?
biggrin.gif

But if you were to receive one good thing one week and another good thing scheduled for the next week, that would hyper inflate the goodness of each.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #215 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyreynold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And do they have lead in them? China scares me.

Why? Do you plan on feeding them to children?

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #217 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by user123456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because it freaking kills your brain.

You sure you're not thinking of television?

Anyways...I don't know of a way to readily determine the lead content (or lack thereof) of the PL30...The included documentation is not very illuminating on the subject...

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #220 of 327
Hello Everyone. Just a few quick questions about these two phones from heaven.

Is the 20$ deal from focalprice genuine? Has anyone with 50$ PL-30 compare them with the 20$ PL-30 from focalprice?

Also is the PL-30 a higher end model than the PL-12?

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #221 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little over a week ago I was trying most of the tips that came with my pl-30...

that makes me a little apprehensive to get these...i hope it wasn't because of the cheap Chinese tips?

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #222 of 327
The pl-30 comes with lots of tips and it was fun trying most of them. Then I bought bi-flange tips from head direct and like them better than the other tips. Nothing wrong with the tips that come with the pl-30 I just wanted better tips.

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #223 of 327
ah ok. good to hear. do the head-direct ones affect isolation? i want to increase the isolation on these as much as I can.

just ordered mine btw.

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #224 of 327
The hd tips are much bigger and safer for my ears. I had one of the smaller stuck in my ear canel for a week. Pain if you will. LOL. The pl-30 just dont seem to isolate with no music on but with music on I only hear the music. There are better isolation iem at a much greater price but for 20.00 the pl-30 are a real steal.

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #225 of 327
What about the Shure Olives? Can they be modded easily to fit on? Can't wait to get mine.

One other thing - does anybody that already has a pair of these know how they are for recabling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back