SoundMAGIC PL30 impressions
Oct 2, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #196 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no clue... i'm having jitters before I buy them - and after reading the earcanal malfunction (above)... hmmmmmm

That happens with all canalphones depending on the sleeves used. It's very easy to get them out with tweezers. These particular sleeves are very good at sealing and that's why they come off of the nozzle.

This happens to me all the time, but I carry around tweezers in my pocket

Oct 2, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #197 of 327
lew: No way is this gona happen again. No more smallish tips for me. The bi-flange from head direct are about 3 times bigger than the small bi-flange that came with the pl-30. There is no way the HD bi-flange can get stuck in my ear. You know how big they are. The nob thing comming off is weired. Under the nob is just a hole and the nobs seem to be just pushed on. I did notice that when new they are ok but when you turn them a few times they start to loosen up and you can tell they might come off. Dont ajust them when in the ear because I think that started to loosen them because you cant get a good grip when they are inserted.
Oh its been about 6 hours now and my right ear feels normal no pain. I will be back useing my pl-30 in a day or two.

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #198 of 327
ok so looking through this thread and it made me take the plunge. I ordered a pair from focalprice since its 20 bux. I do hope its real since they have fake senns and sonys.

anyway I listen to a lot (actually only) hip hop and some rock so i hope these will have adequate bass!

btw, I noticed that theres 2 positions for that nob. for most of you, which position do you have it? (looking at them with cable on the top) which gives more bass?

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #199 of 327
Well I got word back from FocalPrice about a replacement. They told me to send mine in to get a refund. He said the quickest way to get a new pair would be to place another order and they will refund it once the broken pair arrives.

Haha, I was kind of hoping to be offered a pair of PL12 like another person here was. Too bad, now I just have to wait another two weeks. Boo.

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #200 of 327
MACK When you get them a user book will be there and show you the 2 positions for more or less bass in a diagram. Oh you will love the bass.

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #201 of 327
I preferred the "Clear Bass" setting which is what they come set to. The other setting is a little muddier.

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #202 of 327
I cant seem to get enough bass. I will be getting my fiios amp soon and look forward to even more bass. I must be a bass head. LOL.

Oct 2, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #203 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cant seem to get enough bass. I will be getting my fiios amp soon and look forward to even more bass. I must be a bass head. LOL.

I wish you recover soon...

A holiday prevent me getting my pair and i can hardly arrgh. There is 9 days national holiday in Turkey
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #207 of 327
I think I gopt my shiped e-mail that same night. Then waited a full 2 weeks to get them. Did you check your spam.

Oct 3, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #208 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I gopt my shiped e-mail that same night. Then waited a full 2 weeks to get them. Did you check your spam.

Yeah I checked my spam and still nothing.

Oct 4, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #210 of 327
I'm in for a pair also. Curiosity has gotten the best of me, especially for $19.98. I ordered yesterday afternoon and have received an order confirmation but no shipping yet. I recall a poster on either this thread or the other pl-30 thread that said focalprice does not guarantee order tracking information for orders less than $20. I'm not sure if thats how it works but it'd be fine with me seeing how others have already received their orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back