SoundMAGIC PL30 Adjustable Bass Earphones
Apr 28, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #136 of 232
Hmm, i don't think so, i've spent quite some time with different kind/size of tips. still, i just don't get it. When I use it with fiio e3, the bass is improved a lot, but the right side one also improved a lot. Hence, overall, the bass level is still imbalanced. I guess it's just...defective?

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #137 of 232
Wait for some other replies, but if you are sure you had the PL30 sealed and that you had both the bass knobs on the same position I think that they are defective.

If you have the bass knob on the same position, try to put only the knob on the left earphone on the other position...maybe they just electrically messed up something.

May 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #139 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by lontonglah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, i don't think so, i've spent quite some time with different kind/size of tips. still, i just don't get it. When I use it with fiio e3, the bass is improved a lot, but the right side one also improved a lot. Hence, overall, the bass level is still imbalanced. I guess it's just...defective?

Did you ever get this straightened out? I just got my PL30 after a few weeks of waiting and it is awesome out of the box. I hope that yours just needed a little burn-in.

May 8, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #140 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you ever get this straightened out? I just got my PL30 after a few weeks of waiting and it is awesome out of the box. I hope that yours just needed a little burn-in.

nope, it's still unbalanced, though it's not really that obvious. it's only when I listen to it side by side then I can notice the difference. Anyway, i'm using it with fiio e5 now, and it's good enough for me now. Probably just out of my luck for now,
confused_face.gif

May 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #142 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaphod373 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you swapped the right one to the left ear? I have a cold and my left ear is a little blocked

The PL30's design makes it difficult to do that and since the seal is so important in bass production, it would probably be a self-defeating process. May be uncomfortable, too. You are correct about sinus/blocked ears being problematic, though... Hooray for decongestants!

May 15, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #144 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the left channel on these is all of a sudden much quieter than the right channel - are my PL30s dead?

Sounds like what did happen with one of my Kanon MD-52's. Try pull, adjust the knob or whatever on the left earpiece and see if you can bring it back to normal. Otherwise it's not dead but just not sound properly.

May 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #145 of 232
tbh the bass boost on my left channel has always been stuck in the 'off' position so I can't actually wiggle it anywhere. The right channel I keep it in the off position too, but at least i can twist it. that could be it.

May 29, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #150 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyreynold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SoundMAGIC's quality has go down the drain since the explosion of interest in the PL-30 several months ago. Try contacting whoever sold it to you, best of luck.

more flaming comments, with no explanation. How has the quality gone down the drain? BTW i'm not expecting anything constructive, even if you do reply, which i doubt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back