SoundMAGIC PL30 Adjustable Bass Earphones
May 29, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #151 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by project86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I second that.... don't even bother with focalprice.

another useless post, not backed up with any useful information. my question,,,,,,,,why?

May 31, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #152 of 232
Has anyone used the warranty on these? About 6 months into owning them one side stopped producing any sound. Can't figure out how to use the warranty. Their site (SoundMAGIC) is impossible to read for English speakers to figure out what to do.

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #153 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by radfaraf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone used the warranty on these? About 6 months into owning them one side stopped producing any sound. Can't figure out how to use the warranty. Their site (SoundMAGIC) is impossible to read for English speakers to figure out what to do.

yeah a few weeks ago left side stopped working. now the right side also stopped working, so these are dead...
anyone have any insight on a fix or warranty? unfortunately i am away from my packaging. i guess they served me well while they worked.
frown.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #154 of 232
My original pair came from dpmega on eBay, my left side stopped working and I contacted him, he asked me to send them back and he waited for a reply from Soundmagic. In the end he gave up and sent me a pair himself. Buy from a good dealer!!

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #155 of 232
I bought mine originally from dpmega too. When I first got them the box was obviously previously open and someone had stolen the headphones and left everything else in the box. I had no problems resolving that with dpmega, they sent me a new pair. Now that they broke I don't except special treatment. I emailed them too asking if they knew what I could do, but didn't get a response. I just want the manufacturer to honor the warranty if possible.

I bought a pair of monster turbines to replace these though and I've been happy with that choice.

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #156 of 232
hey guys,
I'm about to buy my first pair of headphones, and I was thinking these. I'm only used to the stock apple buds. I listen to alternative (Like franz ferdinand and kaiser chiefs), rap, and rock. If anyone has any ideas I would really apreciate them. As well as any other suggestions.

Jun 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #159 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by TambourineMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What brands or models foam or flange tips work with these? Which do you recommend and why?

I have a lot of luck with UE double flange tips - I use medium.
L3000.gif

MGbert

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #160 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaphod373 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
another useless post, not backed up with any useful information. my question,,,,,,,,why?

They've send me an order twice, they wanted me to pay for it (the second one)
never replied to them and sice then I don't buy at FP anymore :p

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #161 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They've send me an order twice, they wanted me to pay for it (the second one)
never replied to them and sice then I don't buy at FP anymore :p

Haha, "good" strategy they have at FP.
They send you more stuff then you ordered and then they ask you to pay it for it....lol. That was funny to hear.
icon10.gif

Jun 15, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #162 of 232
If they send you stuff yo udidn't order in the US you are under no legal obligation to pay for it or even return it, but if they send a pre-paid postage label the right thing to do would be to return it.

I bought mine from MP4Nation. They seem to have good reseller ratings. At under $20 delivered it doesn't seem reasonable to buy a warranty.

Are there any tricks to making these last longer?

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #163 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by TambourineMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any tricks to making these last longer?

Well, as long as you do the common sense things, you should be fine. Don't put em in your pocket with the keys, don't step on em, don't yank on the cord. Even kept in the case like mine both the rubbery covering and the chrome paint have started peeling after about 6 months, so I don't think theres that much you can do. Still, for $20, I'm willing to live with it.

Jun 22, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #165 of 232
That's not really fair, I mean what do you have against Chinese/Korean brands? You know that most things are actually made in China, so even if you buy an American brand, the manufacturing occurs in China. They are able to produce high and low quality stuff. If you pay the price, you get the quality stuff. Yuin is a Chinese brand earphone, and supposedly it is amazing. Some of the best price/performance ratio headphones, earphones, hell any product are Chinese brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back