Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
Nov 21, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #466 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. Are there any other differences in the accessories/packaging as far as you can tell?

Perhaps it is just an issue with quality control and they're both real? Who knows...

I checked out a few HK based headphone forum and online store and it seems the soft pouch might be a later addition. The early batch all comes with the hard case. last time I sent a few picture of the PL-30 I got from Focalprice to SoundMAGIC and they did comment the packaging and the earphone itself look real.

Nov 21, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #467 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. Are there any other differences in the accessories/packaging as far as you can tell?

Perhaps it is just an issue with quality control and they're both real? Who knows...

The real ones I got had white tips whereas the focalprice one had grey ones. Both had the black tip sets though.

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #468 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The real ones I got had white tips whereas the focalprice one had grey ones. Both had the black tip sets though.

The ones I got from FocalPrice have white tips [and a hard case fwiw].

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #469 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmantone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ones I got from FocalPrice have white tips [and a hard case fwiw].

Mine too

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #472 of 523
Somebody should contact SoundMAGIC about the grey/white tips and the pouch/hard case. The box only shows the hard case (no pouch) and changing the white tips to grey is no big deal; it even seems logical so you can tell them apart from the biflanges...

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #473 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by mape00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somebody should contact SoundMAGIC about the grey/white tips and the pouch/hard case. The box only shows the hard case (no pouch) and changing the white tips to grey is no big deal; it even seems logical so you can tell them apart from the biflanges...

I'll do that. I have email contact with Mr. Xu @ SoundMAGIC before.

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #474 of 523
Reply from Mr. Xu (rough translation):

Our packing stuffs mistakenly put in an extra soft pouch in some previous batch. It is a mistake and the soft pouch shouldn't be included. As for the different color of the included eartips, it is because the eartips supplied to us very in color across various batches and it is considered normal.

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #478 of 523
I got mine from focalprice.com before head-direct had them. Head-Direct has better customer service and you'll get them a lot faster from them. It could take up to a month from focalprice.

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #480 of 523
Just place an order for the pl-30s at head-direct.com. I'll update how it goes
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back