Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
Dec 10, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #500 of 523
Well I'm the one that did the "fate mod" and really disliked it. I have since gotten a replacement pair from FocalPrice right before the price went up.

I can honestly say that it would be a bad idea to do the mod unless you have two pair on hand. I found the sound extremely muddy and lacking in treble after taking the bass knobs off. As of right now, the PL-30's are sounding great with my new iPod Classic.

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #506 of 523
Is Mp4 Nation a trusted seller? And are there Bass adjustment knobs on both earpieces, or just one? If its just one, how does it control the Bass of the other side's earphone? It can't be an electronic switch, it has to be varying the amount of air being let through, so I don't see how one can control both earpieces. (The Black Pl-30's seem to have one knob, but the silver ones seem to have 2?!?). And Specwise, the Black and Silvers are the same, so no difference in SQ right?

Edit: Heh stupid mistake, I just noticed now how one is flipped upside down with the tip removed.

Jan 31, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #507 of 523
how would the pl30's compare with the jvc fx66? I lost my pl30's =( and im thinking of either replacing them with another pair of the same or the fx66's. I need isolation for studying as well as on the bus, one thing i noticed with the fx33s from jvc is the static that's present in all mp3s

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #508 of 523
Hi i just ordered these off of Focal Price!
I hope they sound good... could someone give me a comparison of these to Bose Triport In ears if anyone has them.
thanks

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #510 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, I just removed the knobs and I can confirm the bass increased.
I've listened a few songs now but I wouldn't recommend it, the bass increased but the overall sound isn't so "clear" anymore. too muddy
but that's my first first impression. perhaps my opinion in it will change if I've listened more :p

Ditto. Good thing I bought TWO sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back