Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
Sep 25, 2008 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 523

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
OK A member just got the soundmagic pl-30 from FocalPrice.com for 20.00 shipped and the package is the same as the one I got and paid 42.00 + 10.00 shipping. The member said they sounded very sweet and will post after a good listen. I ordered another pair for the 20.00 and if any member wants a great sounding iem the pl-30 is one great deal and sound fantistic. Way better than the jvc fx66 for a compaireson.

Sep 25, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 523
where can you get them for $20?

Sep 25, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 523
I was thinking that if they sell out of the pl-30 I wouldnot be surprised if the new stock price goes up. I mean for 20.00 this is a super duper bargin. I know its hard to believe that they sound so fantastic even at 52.00 they are a steel. Only those who have heard them know what I am talking about.

Sep 25, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 523
For $20, gees, even I who's a skeptic of these being FOTM's might even give these a go.
If I don't like them, meh, I'll give these to my little bro (+ get him a rockbox'ed DAP) or sell them.

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #8 of 523
Thanks for telling us on the new low price. Also want to thanks kiwi for pointing me to the thread. I just placed an order but since I choose to use free shipping it probably won't arrive for a while. Finger crossed.

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #9 of 523
I just have a really hard time believing the Sony and Sennheiser canalphones are not fake at their price. I'd love to see someone buy an $16 set of Sony MDR-EX85s or a $25 set of Sennheiser CX400s and check them out to see how real they are.

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #10 of 523
As I saw discussion on one Chinese forum, no one seems to ever see any fake SoundMagic IEM before cause they are real cheap in China and not worth the effort. As for Sony, I am not so sure... 85% of the time the Sony you find in China is fake, unless you got one from a big chain store.

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #11 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I saw discussion on one Chinese forum, no one seems to ever see any fake SoundMagic IEM before cause they are real cheap in China and not worth the effort. As for Sony, I am not so sure... 85% of the time the Sony you find in China is fake, unless you got one from a big chain store.

I don't remember who it was, but they said it in a PL30 thread that in China they will fake something worth $2 and make it look real.

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #12 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't remember who it was, but they said it in a PL30 thread that in China they will fake something worth $2 and make it look real.

Lets hope the $20 deal isn't the case
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #13 of 523
I would like to say something about FocalPrice.com. When I placed my 20.00 order today with them I got a anolegement for the order and a thank you for trusting them. I somehow think they are aware of this fake stuff that some talk of I even suspeck they montor use here. I like the price so much that I give FocalPrice.com my full support and will be a steady customer for them if the great stuff keeps on comming. I asked them to sell a 50.00 iem that sounds way better than the pl-30 and sounds as good as a 300.00-400.00 iem. Now will anyone else buy that if made avalible. I am will to be the first but there are other members who can express the sound much better than I can.
I just got this e-mail from them.

Dear LOUIS TUCCI

Thanks for your message.

All the earphone are great and we tested before shipping and purchasing.

Any questions, please feel free to contact us .

Thanks & Regards
Sabrina
www.focalprice.com

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #14 of 523
One of the reason I buy from them is because they used Paypal. That way I can be sure if anything is wrong I get at least a place to complaint to... much better than those webstore that use credit card service that I can't be sure who is providing the service.

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #15 of 523
I'd buy a pair of $50 iems off them that sounded as good as $300 or $400 iems, you'd be crazy not to! They'd be a great backup pair and at that price, I can think of like 10 of my mates I could give them to as a present.

I bought a pair of these phones off eBay for $48 yesterday which seems expensive now but they shipped the day i bought them so I guess I'll get them next week, which is nice.

Just as a curiosity, does anyone know what kinda drivers are in these little giant killers? I know they're single drivers but are they dynamic or balanced armature? I dunno how they could make these sound so good but I guess I'll find out when I get them next week
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back