Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
Sep 26, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #18 of 523
STIKK: HI I dont say this to break your bubble but I know what its like to exspect something every day and not get it. My pl-30 took a full 14 days to get to me after it was shipped. But when ever you do get them you will be very glad you ordered it.

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #19 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
STIKK: HI I dont say this to break your bubble but I know what its like to exspect something every day and not get it. My pl-30 took a full 14 days to get to me after it was shipped. But when ever you do get them you will be very glad you ordered it.

Wow, that is a long time.. I'm in Australia, though, so I'm a bit closer and I usually get stuff from HK in about a week or so. Having said that, I really want these so they'll probably take at LEAST 14 days!
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #20 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that is a long time.. I'm in Australia, though, so I'm a bit closer and I usually get stuff from HK in about a week or so. Having said that, I really want these so they'll probably take at LEAST 14 days!
tongue_smile.gif

LOL...that's a law...a law name Murphy's. Hehe...Murphy's Law.

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #26 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just placed an order.
i dont want to expect too much but i cant help it after reading many threads on them. i'll be happy as long as the sq is better than x3/x3i.

If my set of XBi's are any indication of what the true sound of the Mylarone canalphones sound like, you are going to drop your jaw at how the PL30s sound.

My XBi's don't sound worth a flip. They sound like a fake CX300 would sound but they came directly from Jaben in an RMA replacement. I'd assume they were actually real. But, if my XBi's are real and that's the real sound quality, you have nothing to worry about expecting too much, the PL30s will blow you away.

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #27 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My XBi's don't sound worth a flip.

It is my understanding that XBi and X3i sound very different from each other.

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #28 of 523
I was the original poster of the Focalprice.com find.

To review:
Here is the Link to the photos of what I received. I am convinced they are genuine.

I had received a previous order of Sennheiser's from focalprice, and they too appear to be genuine, in original packaging. I have gotten both orders in about 10 business days. I did order some Sony x-85's from Focalprice, and they did not arrive in retail packaging (just the pouch and accessories). It is possible the Sony's are fakes, or perhaps just not a retail pack. They sound fine.

Initial PL30 listening impressions.

I use a 4th gen iPod and a Creative Zen as sources, with no amp. My reference phones are Sony SE530s. The PL30s have not been burned in yet.

Comfort and Fit - They are extremely comfortable (more-so than the 530s). They do not fit as deeply in the ear canal as the 530s, so I am getting less isolation. However, I have only tried 3 of the dozen or so cushion options. I get the best fit/isolation so far using the double flanged set, I may have bigger ears than most.

Tonal balance - Initial impressions were very good. However, I was getting a lot more midrange presence, with recessed highs and lows until I switched to the double flanged cushions. The midrange to high balance is now excellent, and seems comparable to the 530s. They get deep, with good base balance, but do not have the impact/bass transients of the 530s (which I think are a 2 way design).

The 530s seem significantly more efficient, so it may be that the PL-30s are at their best with an amp. As it is, they are a very musical, well balanced and low distortion phone.

I need to let them burn in, and do a lot more listening and cushion swapping to find the right combination. Only then can I report if I like them as much as most of the other users have. I can say that they sound absolutely great for <$60, I would be shocked if anyone thought them not competitive in that range.

George

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #29 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is my understanding that XBi and X3i sound very different from each other.

Nah, the XBi version is just extra bass. At least that's what Wilson at Jaben said when I asked the difference between the two.

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #30 of 523
Thanks for pointing us to this great place groch. 20.00 is just awesome price for the pl-30. Dont those 530s cost a bit of money. I hope you enjoy these as much as some of us do. I look fordward to more of your opinon on these soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back