Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
Sep 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #46 of 523
Yeh I got my e-mail last night about 12/30 pm. They have been shipped.
Hey nsx are you waiting for a black fiios amp if so I am too. Its been about a month now.

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #47 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received the email that my PL30 have been shipped.

Same here, guess it will take a week or two to arrive. Rather fast service if you ask me.
beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #49 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just have a really hard time believing the Sony and Sennheiser canalphones are not fake at their price. I'd love to see someone buy an $16 set of Sony MDR-EX85s or a $25 set of Sennheiser CX400s and check them out to see how real they are.

The Sony EX85s come bundled with some of Sony's mp3 players, so I'm not surprised if there are some "bulk packaging" ones "direct from the factory".

It may be like those rumours of GENUINE DVDs printed in China (and maybe elsewere too), that they print some more in addition to sell as "fake" ones, but actually came from the same factory.......

Update: I just bought a Sony and 2 Senns from them.... We'll see.........

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #51 of 523
I know for a fact that SoundMagic's headquarter/factory is located at GuangZhou, and very close to HongKong. In fact, PL-30 made it first appearance on a HK webstore / forum, IIRC. I guess those store on HK might be able to get a good price importing them from GuangZhou directly from the SoundMagic.

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #52 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know for a fact that SoundMagic's headquarter/factory is located at GuangZhou, and very close to HongKong. In fact, PL-30 made it first appearance on a HK webstore / forum, IIRC. I guess those store on HK might be able to get a good price importing them from GuangZhou directly from the SoundMagic.

Thats one possibility, i thought that greatsounds or other sellers are selling them overpriced cos you know they have some reputation and many of buyers look for reputation and reliability from Chinese sellers so they take advantage of it.

Mine shipped 20th i expect them next week. I'll report when i get them.

Sep 27, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #53 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeh I got my e-mail last night about 12/30 pm. They have been shipped.
Hey nsx are you waiting for a black fiios amp if so I am too. Its been about a month now.

A month? You might contact them, I know it takes a while but I've never heard of anyone waiting a month. Hopefully mine doesn't take that long to get here.

Sep 27, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #54 of 523
Yeh a month. I think they are out of stock and will be getting more in on sept 30. I am not sure about this though.

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #55 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw them in Hong Kong earlier this year, and they were asking for about $270HKD, which is approximately $39AUD. For your reference, 1AUD = 0.8USD

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #56 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sony EX85s come bundled with some of Sony's mp3 players, so I'm not surprised if there are some "bulk packaging" ones "direct from the factory".

It may be like those rumours of GENUINE DVDs printed in China (and maybe elsewere too), that they print some more in addition to sell as "fake" ones, but actually came from the same factory.......
Update: I just bought a Sony and 2 Senns from them.... We'll see.........

I purchased the EX85s from Focalprice, they indeed came in the carry pouch, with an extra set of cushions but no packaging bulk or otherwise. They sound very nice.

I do not have originals to compare them to, but I do agree with your analysis of their probable origin. Unless the factory is working at absolutely full production on orders from Sony, there is likely some excess production that finds its way out of the factory to other parts of Asia. You certainly take your chances on this stuff, but good deals are available.

The PL30s may also be excess production, but they are complete/retail packed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back